One Hour One Life Forums

a multiplayer game of parenting and civilization building

You are not logged in.

#1 2018-10-29 16:37:50

Booklat1

Last update fixes and mango nerf(no soil plz)

First, because we'll eventually start complaining about it, but cinnabar and vermillion should probably stack. I tried gathering some before, they clutter easier than it seems.

Second, Jason has said he'll fix the exploit that is mangos giving free food and I would recommend they take some liming before growing fruits again. Lime is already used for plaster and can be used with corn, I think its a nice resource to give another use and a different pressure to food economy.

Is there any content or fixes relating to the previous update you guys would like to see? More tree farming and lime mining would hit the spot for me.

#2 2018-10-29 17:26:08

Tarr
Banned

Re: Last update fixes and mango nerf(no soil plz)

Well now that wild piglets have a drop transition into fleeing they die in baskets/aprons/backpacks. Makes collecting a bunch of wild piglets a pain in the ass because the only way to stop them from turning into fleeing piglets is to right click your face to drop them like you would when item swapping.

Paint probably needs to not cost an arm and a leg. At a 1:1 ratio it requires you to basically run around on a horse to paint anything other than one side of a house unless you want piss yellow. Even being 1:2 would be a little more reasonable.

Since we already know we're getting the composting nerf soon it's probably finally time to get a tech update we figured would come - The steel plow. Eventually we know we'll get something like water pumps to replace deep wells, and I think we've already talked about the next step in hoes before. With less soil it's time to bring in a more costly (but better) hoe to make up for having less soil. This helps speed up the glacial pace of iron depletion and helps us to make up for less soil.

Also this brings up making the actual water pumps too. This could make upgrading your wells more costly by having the new wells cost iron which also helps a town start running out of iron sooner rather than later.

Also as you stated some sort of fertilizer for fruit trees so we can get ready for more fruit trees in the future whenever Jason decides to actually add more.

Fishing too since worms need a use.

fug it’s Tarr.

#3 2018-10-29 17:37:27

Booklat1

Re: Last update fixes and mango nerf(no soil plz)

So, one suggestion I saw was to add a paint brush to give buckets of paint more uses. Maybe it could be done from pig hair?

I'm quite curious on how the new water/soil/iron economy will work. I just hope cisterns become more useful rather than less. If pumps aren't just a capacity or refill time upgrade they'd have to either complement cisterns or cover something else, possibly a need created by the nerfing of wells.

I know it's lame but cocoa would be fun, even if just for the vanity and challenge.

Oh yeah, fishing, Jason mentioned that a few weeks ago in an email. I hope worms don't become a bait only resource, maybe when compost is reworked they're needed again but in a better way.

Last edited by Booklat1 (2018-10-29 17:42:56)

Board footer