One Hour One Life Forums

a multiplayer game of parenting and civilization building

You are not logged in.

#51 2018-10-27 16:03:57

Re: A Seasoned Suiciders Rant

Fine if this is truly how everyone feels, I'll start suciding even as the last girl. You want me to become what everyone undeniably thinks is true fine.

You know what I think would be more enjoyable at this point?

Screwing you all over.

Even if I'm the last girl, I'll suicide.

When you have that last girl and she runs away and leaves you without any girl kids, you can all consider the fact that at one time I and a good chunk of others were on your side.

And then you called us trash, treate d us like second class citizens.

If this is Jason realizing his vision it's mad distorted and warped.

Every baby sucider  I meet in game, I will connect with. We will come together and make all your lives difficult.

Again remember before we were treated like crap, a good chunk of us were on your side.

I'm no longer responding to this discussion, I got alot of work to-do.

And so do the people I know support my opinions.

Even if me and a small group of suciders end up in donkey town, it sure as hell would be worth it.

We will see who is laughing in the future. You want me to stay, fine I'll stay, and I'll target and kill every last female of your lineage.

No longer will I seek to protect them.

This whole convo taught me all I need to no, and everyone who forces me to stay against my will will be significantly number culled.

Release the bears. Release the arrows. Release the blood.

You want it, fine you'll get it...

You want me to stay, youll get it.

Just remember, you asked for it...

Last edited by 673751 (2018-10-27 16:06:12)

#52 2018-10-27 16:42:27

VioletLily

673751 wrote:

Fine if this is truly how everyone feels, I'll start suciding even as the last girl. You want me to become what everyone undeniably thinks is true fine.

Screwing you all over.

When you have that last girl and she runs away and leaves you without any girl kids, you can all consider the fact that at one time I and a good chunk of others were on your side.

Every baby sucider  I meet in game, I will connect with. We will come together and make all your lives difficult.

Again remember before we were treated like crap, a good chunk of us were on your side.

Even if me and a small group of suciders end up in donkey town, it sure as hell would be worth it.

We will see who is laughing in the future. You want me to stay, fine I'll stay, and I'll target and kill every last female of your lineage.

This whole convo taught me all I need to no, and everyone who forces me to stay against my will will be significantly number culled.

Wait... Most people won't force you to stay. Please don't punish everyone because of the actions of a few. I personally have never forced anyone to stay. I even stab to give lineage bans to those who ask. Please don't turn into a greifer because of a vocal minority.

I hope it wasn't my last comment that caused this response. If I offended you I'm sorry. It wasn't my intention. Maybe I should use more smiley emojis? smile smile

Suiciding is still very possible, it just takes a little longer since you have to starve. I have had many babies whose first words are  "N-o" and I let them go. Simple as that. Most of the mothers I've had have asked me whether I want to stay. I did say no once (I didn't mean to start a new game and needed to go.) She let me go right away.

If anything, the biggest change that this update brings is that towns are now less likely to be filled with the bones of dead babies, since they now run off to starve. Just please don't release bears before you die. I've seen so many bears since the update. So. Many. Bears. Why do people punish me with bears when I was nice enough to let them go? T-T

It also gives the opportunity for mothers to explain to the last girl why they are needed before they suicide, so that they may choose to stay at least until they have another girl.

Again, I'm sorry this update took some of the fun out of the game for you, but I sincerely hope you can still enjoy it regardless.

Last edited by VioletLily (2018-10-27 16:47:20)

#53 2018-10-27 16:51:59

Aname

VioletLily wrote:
673751 wrote:

Screwing you all over.

Wait... Most people won't force you to stay. Please don't punish everyone because of the actions of a few. I personally have never forced anyone to stay. I even stab to give lineage bans to those who ask. Please don't turn into a greifer because of a vocal minority.

I hope it wasn't my last comment that caused this response. If I offended you I'm sorry. It wasn't my intention. Maybe I should use more smiley emojis? smile smile

Suiciding is still very possible, it just takes a little longer since you have to starve. I have had many babies whose first words are  "N-o" and I let them go. Simple as that. Most of the mothers I've had have asked me whether I want to stay. I did say no once (I didn't mean to start a new game and needed to go.) She let me go right away.

If anything, the biggest change that this update brings is that towns are now less likely to be filled with the bones of dead babies, since they now run off to starve. Just please don't release bears before you die. I've seen so many bears since the update. So. Many. Bears. Why do people punish me with bears when I was nice enough to let them go? T-T

It also gives the opportunity for mothers to explain to the last girl why they are needed before they suicide, so that they may choose to stay at least until they have another girl.

Again, I'm sorry this update took some of the fun out of the game for you, but I sincerely hope you can still enjoy it regardless.

I hate this grabbing thing i just dont want to play in every big city. i always spawn in some stupid big town and im done with that so i wanted too spawn somewhere else. but they all just grabbed me and hold me and feeded the mom like wtf?

i got angry so i grew up just hid all there things and brought a bear back too there camp.

fuck that update i got curses and i am in donkey town and i enjoy it more then ur stupid big cities its just annoying if i wanna die instant because i just dont want too spawn somewhere i should do that because when a bb spawn with me and say he wanna die i just let him go or ill stab him.

update is shit.

i was Jeremy ide if u know me.

Last edited by Aname (2018-10-27 16:53:05)

Eve Gluck! We are the great glucks and we will beat every other dynasty!

Best Gluck linage so far: http://lineage.onehouronelife.com/serve … id=4082492

#54 2018-10-27 16:58:26

VioletLily wrote:
673751 wrote:

Screwing you all over.

Thank you. I'm sorry lost my cool. Not cool it's not your fault. It's just uggh.

#55 2018-10-27 17:03:42

PeaGirl

How about you suicide babies just go in lone server and play on your own? You just bring unnecessary toxicity along with you.

If you ever enter Pea (Helkama turns into random name) family, you need the lottery ticket picked up. My baby names given can be absolutely random.
"Are you fueled with peasoup or why you keep running off from temperature tile?"

#56 2018-10-27 17:04:46

Aname

PeaGirl wrote:

How about you suicide babies just go in lone server and play on your own? You just bring unnecessary toxicity along with you.

why dont you play on a lone server so you wont get any suicide bbs?

#57 2018-10-27 17:07:57

ShadouFireborn

Sorry, but I have no empathy for you. You're crying about your right to suicide. You're crying that it takes time to suicide now, rather than having an instant suicide option. You're claiming that you're doing it because you want to be helpful to players that need you as a baby.

ShadouFireborn wrote:

You want to claim baby suiciders are just trying to get to a life they can be helpful? A life where they can be a hero? WHERE ARE MY HEROES?! All I see is an endless string of baby suiciders!

And now we see that you want to cause grief if you don't have your way. I have no empathy. You're throwing a tantrum and crying and threatening if you don't have your way. Yet this is the response of Jason after he's been BEGGED for a solution to all the baby suicides, the problem YOU have caused.

One person can easily destroy what has taken dozens of people to build. And they don't see anything wrong with it. They like to do it even. They fiercely defend their right to destroy. They'll do whatever it takes to get around any measures in place to prevent them from doing so.

What we do when there are no real consequences to our actions makes a rather sad statement about human nature.

#58 2018-10-27 17:10:00

PeaGirl

Aname wrote:
PeaGirl wrote:

I am playing in lone server and it is actually what I wanted it to be! No drama, no ego shit with generations, just you eve chaining for your heart's content.

If you ever enter Pea (Helkama turns into random name) family, you need the lottery ticket picked up. My baby names given can be absolutely random.
"Are you fueled with peasoup or why you keep running off from temperature tile?"

#59 2018-10-27 17:11:28

Potjeh

ShadouFireborn wrote:

Say what you want. But baby suiciders are just selfish players that don't want to play unless they get the perfect life they want. To put it as was said in the suicide is op thread... They wake up and see daddy isn't wearing a Rolex, and go, "Nope, not playing this life. GG, I'm out."

I'd wager that most people suicide because there *is* a Rolex. There's simply no challenge whatsoever in an established town. You do it a couple of times and you figure out optimal ways to do things, and then it's just going through the motions, no thinking required. I can take one life like that, but multiple in a row is just plain tedious. But because towns are virtually impervious to failing on their own they persist for ages, so all the server population gets forced into them and every life is this boring life of no challenge. I reckon the suicide problem would decrease by orders of magnitude if civilization was more fragile, as you'd get a more balanced distribution of high tech and low tech lives. Damn, how I wish Jason actually meant it when he posted this thread. At best I can hope that the influx of Steam players will destabilize civilization for a short while at least.

Last edited by Potjeh (2018-10-27 17:12:32)

#60 2018-10-27 17:16:17

VioletLily

673751 wrote:

Believe me, I understand. Just look at Jorium's thread about whether or not to continue zoom mod, based on Jason's preference: https://onehouronelife.com/forums/viewtopic.php?id=4140
I have to say, I got (honestly rather excessively) defensive of my use of that mod. I said something very similar to your line in my first post on that thread.

My comment about accepting this update as it is was really just a result of the view I gained from that thread. It was the first time I disagreed with Jason's vision for the game. I still sincerely hope he never prohibits the use of zoom mods (at least until the reasons I use it are resolved). I know it would ruin my enjoyment of the game. I am sincerely sorry that it happened to you with the suicide issue.

Ultimately, it is impossible to please everyone. So Jason chooses to please those whose views fit closest to his vision for the game. It is a perfectly logical thing to do. I'm really sorry you were on the loosing side of it this time.

673751 wrote:

Thank you. I'm sorry lost my cool. Not cool it's not your fault. It's just uggh.

It's fine. Everyone losses their cool on occasion. No harm done smile

Last edited by VioletLily (2018-10-27 17:20:46)

#61 2018-10-27 17:32:08

MultiLife

Potjeh wrote:
ShadouFireborn wrote:

Say what you want. But baby suiciders are just selfish players that don't want to play unless they get the perfect life they want. To put it as was said in the suicide is op thread... They wake up and see daddy isn't wearing a Rolex, and go, "Nope, not playing this life. GG, I'm out."

I'd wager that most people suicide because there *is* a Rolex. There's simply no challenge whatsoever in an established town. You do it a couple of times and you figure out optimal ways to do things, and then it's just going through the motions, no thinking required. I can take one life like that, but multiple in a row is just plain tedious. But because towns are virtually impervious to failing on their own they persist for ages, so all the server population gets forced into them and every life is this boring life of no challenge. I reckon the suicide problem would decrease by orders of magnitude if civilization was more fragile, as you'd get a more balanced distribution of high tech and low tech lives. Damn, how I wish Jason actually meant it when he posted this thread. At best I can hope that the influx of Steam players will destabilize civilization for a short while at least.

This!
I feel like some people are reading OP all wrong. OP is saying they don't want to be the 6th girl of a big city, they want to be the saving grace of struggling small families. Why are we trying to cause a 'civil war' here as a small playerbase of a game? People are being hostile and it seems that there are weird pictures being painted about OP out of anger and misunderstanding. Maybe? I hope??
Anyways I hope we don't start some revenge crusade like people wanted to when the Donkey update arrived.

Notable lives (Male): Happy, Erwin Callister, Knight Peace, Roman Rodocker, Bon Doolittle, Terry Plant, Danger Winter, Crayton Ide, Tim Quint, Jebediah (Tarr), Awesome (Elliff), Rocky, Tim West
Notable lives (Female): Elisa Mango, Aaban Qin, Whitaker August, Lucrecia August, Poppy Worth, Kitana Spoon, Linda II, Eagan Hawk III, Darcy North, Rosealie (Quint), Jess Lucky, Lilith (Unkle)

#62 2018-10-27 17:37:43

oinkoink

673751 wrote:

One, boys suck the game is nothing to me without parenthood

I suicide for the exact same reason. Living as a boy sucks, especially in big towns. It's lonely. Nobody knows who you are or cares about what you did, unless you do something that people can't miss like killing the local murderer. (and then you get stabbed and people refuse to heal you because they don't know you. If you had kids, they could heal you)

Also, I love to raise kids and form bonds with them smile! and watch them grow! But I can't really do that as a boy without kidnapping someones baby.

The new update does nothing useful. Now I have to ask every kid I have if they want to stay, because otherwise they might grief the whole village out of spite. I don't want to raise anyone against their will. Even if they were the last girl. You have to remember that this is a game, and games are played because they're fun. If its not fun, then why bother? People will grief the town if they don't want to play there, either out of spite or because it's not boring for them.

I also called my newbie mother who tried to raise me against my will a "bad mom". She dropped me and stopped moving. She didn't even say anything. I starved next to her, and she did not move the whole time sad. I feel really bad about this but she wouldn't let me go without me calling her a bad mom. I'm so sorry for ever calling you that if you're reading this.

I don't want to hurt people. Being mean to people makes them become mean too. I don't want that. I just want to play the game. You're pretty much losing nothing when you leave me to die since all boys can do is work. And I won't do that as a boy.

I also just don't want to deal with the boy haters and the cults that sacrifice boy babies. I think boys need something to make up for their inability to make babies. Right now, they're exactly like girls, but without the ability to give birth.

#63 2018-10-27 17:52:41

Aname

PeaGirl wrote:
Aname wrote:
PeaGirl wrote:

I am playing in lone server and it is actually what I wanted it to be! No drama, no ego shit with generations, just you eve chaining for your heart's content.

i am on a great server too its called donkey town tbh i like it here more then the normal servers

#64 2018-10-27 18:07:02

Potjeh

PS if you really wanna grief towns, forget about eliminating girls. Just dedicate your life to cutting all the wheat around the town, and then cut all the wheat in town. If caught cutting the last play dumb and say you didn't know, and that you're gonna go get new seeds to fix it. Should make you fairly curse proof. No wheat means no compost, and no compost means no town. It's better than eliminating a bloodline, because even if an Eve spawns in that town she won't be able to restart it. Eliminating wheat is better than eliminating carrots because wheat seeds have a fairly limited lifespan, so you can make it completely impossible to bring seeds from the wilderness if you clear a big enough radius.

Last edited by Potjeh (2018-10-27 18:07:59)

#65 2018-10-27 18:48:47

hmrka

Never mind, I hate people who keep holding me. Just had a west's dumb daughter hold me "Just to be an asshole". As soon as I was old enough she let go and stabbed me.

As I got reborn into her family I killed like three people (all girls) , then starved because my twin died. Released some bears there too. Good life just wish I couldve killed more. Idk If I will grief west families now, But I sure as heck will grief If my mom holds me just to kill me later.

I sign my ingame notes as Gio or Truz.
big baby: https://i.imgur.com/ZoLRpb3.png
most kids: https://i.imgur.com/3Vmffb4.png

#66 2018-10-27 18:56:36

VioletLily

hmrka wrote:

Never mind, I hate people who keep holding me. Just had a west's dumb daughter hold me "Just to be an asshole". As soon as I was old enough she let go and stabbed me.

As I got reborn into her family I killed like three people (all girls) , then starved because my twin died. Released some bears there too. Good life just wish I couldve killed more. Idk If I will grief west families now, But I sure as heck will grief If my mom holds me just to kill me later.

But why kill people who where uninvolved? It's not their fault your mom was mean.

#67 2018-10-27 19:07:29

hmrka

VioletLily wrote:
hmrka wrote:

But why kill people who where uninvolved? It's not their fault your mom was mean.

Just In case she looks at the family tree. I dont care about others, only targeted west kids related to her.

#68 2018-10-27 19:15:13

West

hmrka wrote:
VioletLily wrote:
hmrka wrote:

Just In case she looks at the family tree. I dont care about others, only targeted west kids related to her.

She pulled a dick move yes, but what did the other wests or I do? The only way I could have helped you was stabbing her. I did not do that because I only had two daughters at that time.

Mostly playing as Eve West - hope to meet you one day!
Longest lineages: http://lineage.onehouronelife.com/serve … _id=113651 "Killed by Marked Grave with Chisel"
http://lineage.onehouronelife.com/serve … _id=849569

#69 2018-10-27 19:24:19

hmrka

West wrote:
hmrka wrote:
VioletLily wrote:

She pulled a dick move yes, but what did the other wests or I do? The only way I could have helped you was stabbing her. I did not do that because I only had two daughters at that time.

Gave you many kids anyway. Just sabotaged her side of the lineage a little. Sorry I was angry about It, had to write something because she upset me. Wanted to kill only her but she died so I took my anger out on her children.

#70 2018-10-27 19:35:40

West

hmrka wrote:

Gave you many kids anyway. Just sabotaged her side of the lineage a little. Sorry I was angry about It, had to write something because she upset me. Wanted to kill only her but she died so I took my anger out on her children.

All good, you seem like a reasonable person when you are not angry. wink

Mostly playing as Eve West - hope to meet you one day!
Longest lineages: http://lineage.onehouronelife.com/serve … _id=113651 "Killed by Marked Grave with Chisel"
http://lineage.onehouronelife.com/serve … _id=849569

#71 2018-10-27 20:08:11

Randomname

Will people stop, just stop with the freaking bears.  Just had a young boy who I tried to name when he got hair jump before I named and then released two bears on my second gen camp where we had just got omelettes FFS.  I never forced him to stay, really could have cared less if he did suicide and he killed me and his sisters.

Two bears, two freaking bears and he lead them right to the forge where we were trapped grrrr.

http://lineage.onehouronelife.com/serve … id=1287592

Last edited by Randomname (2018-10-27 20:09:15)

#72 2018-10-28 00:07:00

Jk Howling

673751 wrote:

How convenient that this was posted not long before the eve camp I lived in was screwed over entirely by some prick doing exactly what you describe in this rant...

My sister's firstborn was a girl. She was the only fertile female left alive- in fact, it ended up being just us two. She picked up the baby and asked if she'd want to stay or not- giving her a choice. I think she also might've explained the situation [it was an early camp, we were gen 3, me and my sis were the only people left alive] but I was making trips in and out of camp at the time, didn't see it all.

The baby said "Y/E/S" and my sister set her down on a warm tile to continue working.

The girl promptly runs off to suicide.

That was the only girl my sister had for that lifetime. Her following 6 kids were all boys.

I dunno if this was you, but whoever it was deserves a big fat fuck you. Yes, I get it, people are throwing tantrums because they can't insta-suicide on desperate players anymore. But you should at least respect the decent mothers who actually give you the choice. There's no need to be an asshole about it and lie when asked.

-Has ascended to better games-

#73 2018-10-28 00:18:24

WomanWizard

Jk Howling wrote:

The baby said "Y/E/S" and my sister set her down on a warm tile to continue working.

The girl promptly runs off to suicide.

Yeah, the baby probably lied to avoid getting stuck in her mom's arms. Some moms ask so they know whether or not to let go of the baby. It doesn't sound like she had much of a choice anyway, and even if she was legitimately given a choice, what would have happened? Your sister would have put her down exactly like she did, and the baby would have run away, exactly like she did. No difference, except the baby said yes instead of no.

It sucks, but I'm not sure this update is working the way it should. So many kids just standing around, or being forced to stay and running off to grief. This hasn't been the friendliest of updates, and it's pretty evident based on the reactions on all sides.

#74 2018-10-28 01:28:22

Tarr
Banned

I think some people are looking at this the wrong way. Being able to reconnect into a life when your internet or the server hiccuped is a great thing. I don't think people should be looking at the update as the "anti-baby suicide" update more as the fixing stability update.

However, I do think the mother death grip added nothing to the game. People who don't want to stick around aren't going to suddenly have a change of heart just because your mom can keep you in her arms. I spent six minutes of one life on murder cooldown today after lineage banning all the different suicide babies who wanted to die. All this update did was change where the skeletons of suicide babies go, instead of littering the town they're on the outskirts like they originally were.

I think both sides are being pretty goofy on this whole situation. Baby suiciders shouldn't be that upset since it takes three minutes max to kill yourself when in reality you probably only waste two minutes at most. Anti-suiciders expect people to play in a situation they wouldn't enjoy to play in.

Just bring back the lineage ban for babies but make it like five minutes so new players aren't completely punished and baby suiciders stop popping up to the same woman multiple times.

fug it’s Tarr.

#75 2018-10-28 01:57:42

PeaGirl

Tarr wrote:

I think some people are looking at this the wrong way. Being able to reconnect into a life when your internet or the server hiccuped is a great thing. I don't think people should be looking at the update as the "anti-baby suicide" update more as the fixing stability update.

However, I do think the mother death grip added nothing to the game. People who don't want to stick around aren't going to suddenly have a change of heart just because your mom can keep you in her arms. I spent six minutes of one life on murder cooldown today after lineage banning all the different suicide babies who wanted to die. All this update did was change where the skeletons of suicide babies go, instead of littering the town they're on the outskirts like they originally were.

I think both sides are being pretty goofy on this whole situation. Baby suiciders shouldn't be that upset since it takes three minutes max to kill yourself when in reality you probably only waste two minutes at most. Anti-suiciders expect people to play in a situation they wouldn't enjoy to play in.

Just bring back the lineage ban for babies but make it like five minutes so new players aren't completely punished and baby suiciders stop popping up to the same woman multiple times.

I've asked for this as well but people just don't seem to understand the whole picture. It's not always everyone who are wishing to suicide, it's that little minority who is wasting female player's birth cooldown constantly by being an asshole and running instead of being willingy stabbed so that they can try to get in other situation THE right way.

Board footer