One Hour One Life Forums

a multiplayer game of parenting and civilization building

You are not logged in.

#26 2018-10-27 06:56:56

Re: A Seasoned Suiciders Rant

Baker wrote:

I knew this would bring out some baby suiciders on the forums. Seems like most of them were lurkers, Understandly considauring most people have nothing but distain towards you people.

I can understand some suicides, Like if your a boy I'm not gonna stop you if you insist. Infact, I'd be more then willing to provide you with a lineage ban as that benefits us all. I do think it's cunty to suicide on the same person many times, It's quite frustraiting for me when over half my babies are runners and I only end up with a couple sons.

I don't think Awbz is always very accurate, like it may you there are fertile females around they could be about to go grey. "Oh look, Awbz says this town got 2 fertile females already bye!". You suicide on them assuming they will be fine but they only have boys and girl suiciders and the line dies out. But I'm glad you won't knowingly suicide if you know that your the last, Many will have no mercy and suicide anyway.
I do agree that it's a waste of resources to try and force a suicider to stay unesseraily, Obviously the best solution is to put you down and stab you so you don't keep coming back again and again.

I do find it interesting that you say "The game is nothing to me without parenthood" so you literally only play to have babies. You say this while actively depriving other players of parenthood, The most importent thing from your prespective. You've been in situations where most/all your babies have relentlessly suicided, Perhaps you could see why some would want to hold onto you.

Maybe you could try sticking with some lives you wouldn't normally, Maybe a change of scenery will do you some good.

No offence, but no matter how i choose to play, how any of us choose to play, im pretty sure it isnt real respectful to refer to us, as "you people"

And you are right the mod might not always be right, which is why i zoom out, and i check...

Also, as i said i usually will leave if it is something ridiculously high such as 4 fertile females and 6 girl kids. Two fertile females and no girl kids, i'd stay.

And yes i do really like to play to raise kids. Believe it or not im deprvied of parenthood by some players too. But do i force them to stay if they dont want too? No. Because if it was me i wouldn't want to be forced to stay.

Last edited by 673751 (2018-10-27 06:59:07)

#27 2018-10-27 07:49:22

MultiLife

Yeah, I personally see this change just as odd. I didn't know I can death-grip my babies now, good to know, I don't want to do that. I think it is just weird to try and force playstyles onto players. As I said in another thread ("Suicide is OP" -one), I'd rather support different playstyles and I still think the preference system would be great. Just to connect people who want to be connected: Jason feels like this is basically just "choose your life" tool but players already do that however they want to; by hopping onto snakes, begging to be killed or standing in snow. A preference system is a preference system, it doesn't mean you WILL get to play a preferred life but at least the chances are slightly better for those who want to use a preference system. If some feel like playing as a child of Eve then I'd gladly bump their chance so everyone can be happy. I think the players have a right to use their hour or two on lives they feel like playing, so why not remove that "browsing through lives you won't stick to anyways" feat? Is this death-grip thing really there just for a small chance some suicider changes their mind...? Not worth it I'd say.
If Jason wants a certain playstyle (accept all lives, all lives are precious) to be default, then I'd brainstorm more with the rewarding system than trying to box in players.

As you have explained, you want to save lineages. People who complained about suiciders wanted people to save their lineages. Now you can't do that like before, and they won't get their saviors any more often. It's a lose-lose I think...

And yeah I personally wouldn't even use any preference systems as I appreciate the randomness and making my own fun no matter where I am, but if some percentage of players do, then good for them and us too, so the probability of birthing a child that wants to be there is much higher.

Last edited by MultiLife (2018-10-27 07:54:22)

Notable lives (Male): Happy, Erwin Callister, Knight Peace, Roman Rodocker, Bon Doolittle, Terry Plant, Danger Winter, Crayton Ide, Tim Quint, Jebediah (Tarr), Awesome (Elliff), Rocky, Tim West
Notable lives (Female): Elisa Mango, Aaban Qin, Whitaker August, Lucrecia August, Poppy Worth, Kitana Spoon, Linda II, Eagan Hawk III, Darcy North, Rosealie (Quint), Jess Lucky, Lilith (Unkle)

#28 2018-10-27 09:25:20

gabal

I guess I'll just start asking my babies do they want to stay as well as are they new. Or we'll develop shorthand like we did with f for babies.

X for krave me to die or something like that.

#29 2018-10-27 09:39:44

Just saw someone stab an old woman, just for saying shed suicide to the life she wanted because she wants to be a girl (it came up in discussion). What has this game come too? Are people like me really not allowed to voice such an opinion without being oppressed?

Thats just messed up. You don't agree with someones anti suicide opinion and you gotta worry about getting stabbed if you say anything.

What a nice environment.

Last edited by 673751 (2018-10-27 09:41:49)

#30 2018-10-27 09:41:04

gabal wrote:

I guess I'll just start asking my babies do they want to stay as well as are they new. Or we'll develop shorthand like we did with f for babies.

Thanks man, good to see a good chunk of people are willing to be respectful about it. ^^

#31 2018-10-27 09:41:27

MultiLife

gabal wrote:

I'm gonna feed once and drop them, then see if they run or say F or try to follow me. I really don't like the interrogation part when raising children.. sad I wish babies could say a word and not just a letter. So exhausting to try and make sense of them.

Notable lives (Male): Happy, Erwin Callister, Knight Peace, Roman Rodocker, Bon Doolittle, Terry Plant, Danger Winter, Crayton Ide, Tim Quint, Jebediah (Tarr), Awesome (Elliff), Rocky, Tim West
Notable lives (Female): Elisa Mango, Aaban Qin, Whitaker August, Lucrecia August, Poppy Worth, Kitana Spoon, Linda II, Eagan Hawk III, Darcy North, Rosealie (Quint), Jess Lucky, Lilith (Unkle)

#32 2018-10-27 09:43:45

MultiLife wrote:
gabal wrote:

I'm gonna feed once and drop them, then see if they run or say F or try to follow me. I really don't like the interrogation part when raising children.. sad I wish babies could say a word and not just a letter. So exhausting to try and make sense of them.

Much Appreciated, and me too. Maybe one day we will have a mod for that. Don't ever see jason going against his speech age realism

#33 2018-10-27 09:47:25

Potjeh

This really ruins my Eveing. I always keep my first kid because having a grown kid when you start settling can be a huge boon (worth more than a basket with fire kit IMO). But I certainly don't have time to read baby talk while I'm running around looking for a spot while dodging animals. Stopping to talk with baby drastically increases chances of me starving.

Last edited by Potjeh (2018-10-27 09:48:04)

#34 2018-10-27 09:51:36

gabal

673751 wrote:
gabal wrote:

Thanks man, good to see a good chunk of people are willing to be respectful about it. ^^

Well, I'm usually in the middle of something when I pop a baby. That will save time for both of us and some players will resent being held in a place where they don't want to be and just grief it out of spite.

Hell, if I have acess to a weapon I'll even kill you so you can get a lineage ban. I did this already once when I had a player be born to me four times in a row. Just found a witness first so nobody would accuse me of griefing.

#35 2018-10-27 09:52:46

gabal

Potjeh wrote:

This really ruins my Eveing. I always keep my first kid because having a grown kid when you start settling can be a huge boon (worth more than a basket with fire kit IMO). But I certainly don't have time to read baby talk while I'm running around looking for a spot while dodging animals. Stopping to talk with baby drastically increases chances of me starving.

I ask questions which can be answered with y/n. And I always lose track mid-sentance when baby is trying to spell out letter by letter what they want to say.

#36 2018-10-27 09:53:35

Roblor

Play less.

IT PUTS ÞE BERRY IN ÞE BASKET OR ELSE IT GETS ÞE HOSE AGAIN !

#37 2018-10-27 09:55:06

MultiLife

Roblor wrote:

Play less.

Then even more lineages will die out. hmm

#38 2018-10-27 09:56:49

Roblor wrote:

Play less.

So I should have to stop playing a game I fished out $20 for because people don't wanna be respectful and accept my playstyle?

I don't mean any offence, but that's ridiculous.

It takes about 5 secs to not be an ass and ask do you want to live?

If they say no and you don't need them

Let them go!

I can't tell you how many times my personal suciding has saved a lineage. I could show you my life logs, many a times I was either eve or the last girl of the village.

I don't think it's too much to ask you give us the decision to let us sucide and do what we want with our own time.

Last edited by 673751 (2018-10-27 09:58:30)

#39 2018-10-27 10:06:19

MultiLife

Funnily enough my Eve lineage from yesterday died at Gen 2 because my adult daughter got 0 kids. They were all stuck in some bigger mango/paint towns I guess. I don't mind my lineage cut short though, but if it was someone else, they'd have hoped that a person like 673751 suicides their way to them to rescue their family.

#40 2018-10-27 10:10:31

Like this family, my mom died the second i was born, i was the only girl. If i hadn't sucided the last life of a big town with 5 girl kids in it, i never wouldve made it.

http://lineage.onehouronelife.com/serve … id=1284020

(Thanks gma for feeding me)

More examples where that came from too.

Last edited by 673751 (2018-10-27 10:11:16)

#41 2018-10-27 10:18:23

Roblor

673751 wrote:
Roblor wrote:

Play less.

So I should have to stop playing a game I fished out $20 for because people don't wanna be respectful and accept my playstyle?

Don't stop playing.

Play less.

If you do a thing too much, it becomes boring.

IT PUTS ÞE BERRY IN ÞE BASKET OR ELSE IT GETS ÞE HOSE AGAIN !

#42 2018-10-27 10:19:00

Or take this one, i was Maniah Stone as well. Again, if i hadn't of suicide the last life, i wouldn't have made it to be the last girl of the stone family. Who if you look at the family tree, made a come back from me helping the gen 13 shortage, to make it to gen 21! GJ Fam!

I don't remember who the last family was, i just know they didn't really need me.

http://lineage.onehouronelife.com/serve … id=1282211

I also note that in this life, my daughter Kendra wanted to suicide, but i asked her to stay, and seeing that i needed it, she did. And she worked her butt off the whole time i knew her.

I Also thank April from this life, she kept me fed and fed the fire so i can have ideal conditions to revitalize the town. Which when she was old enough i then returned. (We thought it was funny to joke how she was a child slave and then when i was her slave, it was funny to muse about how elder abuse worked lol. But that didn't stop her from feeding me berries as i lay on my death bed that's for sure.) was so proud when you smiled and showed your first living daughter to me, its unlike anything i have ever felt in my real life. This one hour family felt like my real family (like it often does)

Last edited by 673751 (2018-10-27 10:27:06)

#44 2018-10-27 14:40:50

ShadouFireborn

673751 wrote:

Just saw someone stab an old woman, just for saying shed suicide to the life she wanted because she wants to be a girl (it came up in discussion). What has this game come too? Are people like me really not allowed to voice such an opinion without being oppressed?

Thats just messed up. You don't agree with someones anti suicide opinion and you gotta worry about getting stabbed if you say anything.

What a nice environment.

I have been the Eve that had one, boy, child her entire life, along with an endless string of suicide babies. I have been the lineage's last fertile girl, and watched my lineage die because every baby suicided.

I wasn't the only one. It was a problem for both large towns and small, and something needed to be done. People BEGGED Jason for an answer. This is what we got.

Baby suiciders was a HUGE problem, no matter how you think of yourselves. It literally did turn into an 'us and them' scenario, since 'they' were literally killing lineages and preventing Eve camps from getting the players they needed to survive. When the problem blew up as big as it did on these forums, there's going to be a period of unsettlement while people find a new equilibrium.

You don't like the answer. That's fair, because we didn't like having endless strings of suicide babies. At the very least, this gives me a chance to pick up my daughter and give her a name when I'm 35+ and childless, so I can curse the little miscreant that ended my lineage.

Last edited by ShadouFireborn (2018-10-27 14:43:12)

One person can easily destroy what has taken dozens of people to build. And they don't see anything wrong with it. They like to do it even. They fiercely defend their right to destroy. They'll do whatever it takes to get around any measures in place to prevent them from doing so.

What we do when there are no real consequences to our actions makes a rather sad statement about human nature.

#45 2018-10-27 14:54:51

ShadouFireborn wrote:
673751 wrote:

What a nice environment.

I have been the Eve that had one, boy, child her entire life, along with an endless string of suicide babies. I have been the lineage's last fertile girl, and watched my lineage die because every baby suicided.

I wasn't the only one. It was a problem for both large towns and small, and something needed to be done. People BEGGED Jason for an answer. This is what we got.

Baby suiciders was a HUGE problem, no matter how you think of yourselves. It literally did turn into an 'us and them' scenario, since 'they' were literally killing lineages and preventing Eve camps from getting the players they needed to survive. When the problem blew up as big as it did on these forums, there's going to be a period of unsettlement while people find a new equilibrium.

You don't like the answer. That's fair, because we didn't like having endless strings of suicide babies. At the very least, this gives me a chance to pick up my daughter and give her a name when I'm 35+ and childless, so I can curse the little miscreant that ended my lineage.

You guys can be mad about it all you want, but that doesn't give anyone  a right to try and dictate my life, or call me trash, or refer to us as "you people" it's amazing how I didn't realize just how disrespetful people are.

My suciding helps many lineages.

But even if it doesn't doesn't make those other things right.

This right now is a matter of respect everytime you make someone stay it's disrespectful to both child and parent. Every time you try to take a real live players choice away. Disrespectful. Everyrime you call us "you people", or "trash", disrespectful.

I'm not saying that suciding is always respectful, cause it's not. But before this update, I bothered to at least greet the damn mother. Now I can't take the chance because people who think they can dictate our lives,  would make me stay if I used even a second to mutter the world.

Why, because they don't agree with us. And how we play. I don't always agree with everyone either, but if you are a decent person, you respect their ideals and opinons any way.

I don't think it's at all too much to just ask for players to show some damn respect.

And give us a choice.

I've been that eve too, trust me many times. But I don't make them stay, because I wouldn't want them to make me stay.

Like Jason likes oh so much, it's called realism not every eve camp will be successful just like not everything in real life is successful.

Last edited by 673751 (2018-10-27 14:56:28)

#46 2018-10-27 15:00:05

People say no honor among the thieves or the wicked, I meanwhile get myself banished to donkey town, because there doesn't seem to be much in the general public either...

I do aknwokdge there are some exceptions, but not very many it would seem.

Last edited by 673751 (2018-10-27 15:01:52)

#47 2018-10-27 15:12:05

Put me down pls, doesn't work.

But on a far off idea, I tried fu instead, that worked...

Just what are we trying to teach here?

This new update is only making things more tense and hostile.

I don't wish to be a jerk in game, id really don't want too.

But if I have no other choice...

Last edited by 673751 (2018-10-27 15:12:48)

#48 2018-10-27 15:33:48

ShadouFireborn

Like I said. This was a huge problem. You may claim you were only suiciding from boy lives or lives that didn't need you. Not all baby suiciders were the same. And you want to proclaim the virtues of choice... Why is your choice that much more important than mine? Why should I have to play a childless old maid Eve, because you didn't want to be my child? I wanted to be the start of a lineage. I wanted to build a new town. I wanted to come back to the town 10 generations later and see what was made of it. But I don't have that choice, because all I get for kids is baby suiciders. Same goes for any kids I have that actually stay.

You want to claim baby suiciders are just trying to get to a life they can be helpful? A life where they can be a hero? WHERE ARE MY HEROES?! All I see is an endless string of baby suiciders!

Say what you want. But baby suiciders are just selfish players that don't want to play unless they get the perfect life they want. To put it as was said in the suicide is op thread... They wake up and see daddy isn't wearing a Rolex, and go, "Nope, not playing this life. GG, I'm out."

If baby suiciders wasn't a problem, we wouldn't have had this solution. To be honest, I'm not surprised that some players are sticking it to baby suiciders now that they can. You don't understand how much it was HATED to have constant strings of kids running away to die, or dropping dead in our arms, when we're an Eve or the last fertile female. You're reaping what you have sown.

One person can easily destroy what has taken dozens of people to build. And they don't see anything wrong with it. They like to do it even. They fiercely defend their right to destroy. They'll do whatever it takes to get around any measures in place to prevent them from doing so.

What we do when there are no real consequences to our actions makes a rather sad statement about human nature.

#49 2018-10-27 15:37:42

VioletLily

673751 wrote:

This is getting rather heated...

Truthfully, the problem is that people who suicide to get the life that they want are playing in a way that the game developer (Jason) did not intend for his game to be played. Jason has said on multiple occasions that in this game, you are meant to play the life you are born into.

We all bought this game knowing that it is constantly changing. Yes, there is a chance that it will change in a way that some of us don't like. That is a possibility that should be accepted before anyone purchases this game. You are getting what you bought, through and through.

For example, for reasons I don't feel like getting into at this time, I have used some form of a zoom mod for quite a while. If at any time Jason finds a way to implement a way to keep people from using such a mod I would be extremely disappointed, but would accept it and move on. Like your suiciding, my use of a zoom mod often helps others in the game. I may find the game unplayable without a zoom mod, but it doesn't matter. Jason has the right to dictate how others play on his servers. We all bought this game knowing that fact.

I'm sorry that the last update has made the game less enjoyable for you, but it happens. I believe it is best to accept this and either find a way to enjoy the game despite this update, or choose to do something else with your time that you find more enjoyable.

Last edited by VioletLily (2018-10-27 15:41:14)

#50 2018-10-27 15:46:10

hmrka

Haha whenever I see a suicider baby acting butthurt about being held I taunt them, theyre so pathetic lmao you didn't buy this game to play a specific life (like as last girl).
If I really dont like a place I will try to run of course but I wont be a little sh*t about It and threaten my mom to drop me or ill kill her.

I sign my ingame notes as Gio or Truz.
big baby: https://i.imgur.com/ZoLRpb3.png
most kids: https://i.imgur.com/3Vmffb4.png

Board footer