One Hour One Life Forums

a multiplayer game of parenting and civilization building

You are not logged in.

#1 2018-10-26 14:10:51

PeaGirl

Eve chaining, best single player, better with friends. Anyone agree?

Title says it all. Been few days sitting in silent server building up my stew factory with decent fenced sheeps and cow. It feels like there is no limit for what I would do next comparing in public, where you are either ordered to do something or do whatever you wish, probably with very limited amount of resources. I have noticed that it is rather easier to just play on your own, when you know what you have done so far and what you need, though that is really my own thought. I just want to hear your own experience while pursuing your own Eve chain! What accomplisments you did after you finished your chaining?

For those who don't know what this is, you need to survive without dying to any animal attack, player attack, starving or other natural causes other than old age while having a home marker placed somewhere in your possible base (or you could just carry skewer and stone with you while travelling and trying to find perfect spot.) The emptier the server is, more often the likely chance you spawn nearby your previous homemarker. It's neat imo!

If you ever enter Pea (Helkama turns into random name) family, you need the lottery ticket picked up. My baby names given can be absolutely random.
"Are you fueled with peasoup or why you keep running off from temperature tile?"

#2 2019-02-06 18:37:23

Anandamide

Re: Eve chaining, best single player, better with friends. Anyone agree?

Yesterday I got a multipurpose newcomen in a 5 eve chain. I want to keep going today but I think ive exhausted all of my iron in every nearby direction, and im too afraid of the fever to search out more. I have caught it twice on iron runs already and was just really lucky to be right next to snow and have a backpack of food. I kinda wanna build a car (or even a plane) solo but I think ill need to scout a better spot next time. I think I could do third gen multipurpose newcomen in a good spot. I think I will mostly skip farming next, and just try to fine a good desert, badlands, and swamp intersection with lots of cacti and go ham. I also like the idea of bringing in a couple people after set up

Last edited by Anandamide (2019-02-06 18:37:39)

#3 2019-02-06 22:46:39

FranViera

I started a little town Sunday with another player because I really wanted to learn higher tech in peace (never had the chance before). We played about four gens. The town is still pretty basic, but in a nice location. Today a player helped me finishing a sheep pen and mine an iron vein. I then spawned at their town and they were so kind as to teach me how to operate machines and make a car (despite my clumsiness haha). I even got to joy ride it in the end! I am so grateful for that experience.

For my future Eve-chain I hope to expand my farm, get some compost going and mine anorher iron vein and a gold vein. My ultimate goal is to learn how to drill oil as there is some nearby smile

#4 2019-02-06 23:10:42

gnahc

I usually eve chain these days.  Its sometimes fun to join a chaotic random town but I prefer building my own from the ground up.  I'm currently building a place i named Snowman Ranch.  Initially found someones lost base with no iron and three wells and just improved on it.  A couple days later someone found it and decided to use up most of the available iron and wheat to make a castle for some reason which was a bit of a surprise the next day for me haha.  A couple days later two other people joined me as children for a day and made a nice mother grave after i died which was nice of them and one of them even showed up today to spend most of his time making alot of burritos what a chef.
FluxBB bbcode test

#5 2019-02-06 23:13:19

sigmen4020

Ever since I began playing with other players while communicating through Discord, I've been chaining on the empty servers relatively often. We've mostly made camps on server 8, where I believe other people ended up joining the server as well every time. (Surprisingly none of them were griefers trying to ruin the fun for a few)

The longest we've gotten up the skill tree was this family, where we managed to get kerosene as well as a kerosene water pump:
http://lineage.onehouronelife.com/serve … id=3173040

I think people starting joining our family around gen 10 or so, and we constantly made sure that we were spawned in as girls quickly through the /die command. Where we afterwards used each other as spawn points, making sure to kill ourselves when we grew infertile.

While doing this I've also tried doing stuff I wouldn't normally do on the big server, like breeding wolves and pigs. As you can see in this last family line we ended up getting killed by the mean pitbull we bred. (Felt kind of bad leaving the last two people Jade and Drake with the mean pitbull in camp, but it doesn't seem to have been what killed them)

Edit: Forgot to link the dog breeding family line: http://lineage.onehouronelife.com/serve … id=3269476

Last edited by sigmen4020 (2019-02-06 23:13:56)

For the time being, I think we have enough content.

Board footer