One Hour One Life Forums

a multiplayer game of parenting and civilization building

You are not logged in.

#1 2018-10-24 19:34:08

jasonrohrer
Administrator

Anyone with an ultrawide monitor? I need your help

Mouse coordinates can be off in OHOL for ultrawide monitors.  A similar problem affects other games, too.

I'm trying to fix this.

If you have an ultrawide, and the mouse click location is messed up in fullscreen mode, I need your help.

Please email me (jasonrohrer AT fastmail DOT fm) with answers to these questions:

1.  Does playing in windowed mode fix it?

2.  Does playing in fullscreen borderless fix it?

Note that if your mouse is messed up, you may have trouble manipulating the settings screen.  You may have to edit files in the settings folder directly (with Notepad) in order to change settings.

#2 2019-11-20 14:35:51

weazelbear

Re: Anyone with an ultrawide monitor? I need your help

I downloaded the game for the first time last night and started playing. I'm on 3440 x 1440. I cannot access the top/bottom or sides of the screen with my mouse. There's a point where a "Back" button is up top and I can't reach it and have to close the game. I tried using "native" cursor option, but it made it way off sync and my actual cursor selection was several inches from where it showed on screen. I restarted. Put it in windowed mode and borderless, restarted. Never fixed it. Put the mouse back on drawn and it fixed the sync issue, but the top/bottom and sides of the screen are still inaccessible. I'll grab some screenshots when I get home.

#3 2019-11-20 14:52:20

Coconut Fruit

I don't know if it will fix your problem but you can try changing screen height and width in OHOL setting.
Open game folder then open settings folder (To me it is: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\One Hour One Life\settings). There are files screenHeight and screenWidth, just change values there.
Hopefully you won't get any fps issues after setting that big values.

Making own private server (Very easy! You can play on it even if you haven't bought the game)
Zoom mod
Mini guide for beginners
website with all recipies

#4 2019-11-23 15:30:22

ShekelCorp

I am noticing in the main menu that mouse coordinates are highly restrictive. I am restricted to a box within the menu. Are you still looking for info on this?

Last edited by ShekelCorp (2019-11-23 20:36:14)

#5 2019-11-23 20:36:18

ShekelCorp

On an ultrawide screen it looks like this:

42frgNh.jpg

My cursor cannot go about 10 pixels above the hunger bar and same on the top. I can only stay within the play area and not the black to the left/right. Do not have full use of wide screen.

Playing with Linux Mint 19

#6 2019-11-24 01:12:32

ShekelCorp

Taking it off Full screen gives me full motion across screen.

#7 2021-03-24 12:45:13

PeachyCheech

Just got a new pc and ultrawide monitor and am experiencing this issue. Playing in widowed mode fixes it but the screen size is not exactly ideal. I cannot seem to play in windowed mode on full screen it forces borderless.

If you're not smithing get out of the forge area, dammit! mad

OneTech is your friend, visit them every so often. big_smile

#8 2022-05-23 04:16:21

sblom

We're nearing a fix for this! I have fully characterized the bug here. There's a pull request linked to that issue as well.

#9 2022-05-23 08:41:24

Wood

Damm, it's just a necro

A fool thinks himself to be wise, but a wise man knows himself to be a fool.

Board footer