One Hour One Life Forums

a multiplayer game of parenting and civilization building

You are not logged in.

#1 2018-10-23 16:38:20

Anshin

Death and Disease

I'd like to see some random death rolls. Real life top three causes of death are:

- cardio vascular disease AKA embolisms AKA heart attack & stroke
- cancer
- accidents

We have plenty of accidental deaths in the game.
Embolisms could just strike you down suddenly with the simple death cause message telling you why.
Cancer could manifest as you getting slower and slower. The screen could occasionally flash red with pain and your energy bar permanently loosing a pip. This continues until you die.

I believe this fits the emotion of the game; Teaching respect for life and how we manage it.

bFJLynD.jpg

#2 2018-10-23 17:38:17

Vexenie

Re: Death and Disease

The cancer and such, could be in game, but stroke or heart attack is just wrong, just minding your own business and BAM! unexcpected death, you won't believe, how many people would be mad, because they died suddenly
If it's going to be in game, atleast make it possible at the age, where women can't give birth anymore, also on men

I enjoy the simpler things in life, but only if I'm calm.

#3 2018-10-23 18:34:47

Anshin

My last life ended in surprise bear attack. I think the ocasional "ACK! HEART ATTACK!!!" is more realistic... and it is supposed to be shocking and upsetting. Just like real life.

#4 2018-10-23 21:00:58

Aurora Aurora

+1

One of the original veterans.
Go-to person for anything roleplay related.
4 years in the community.
Unbanned from the discord.

#5 2018-10-23 21:49:22

Lum

This is still a game and it has to be fair. You say there are accidental deaths in it, that's just not true. All deaths are caused by you failing at something in this game.

ign: summerstorm, they/them

#6 2018-10-23 21:56:31

parker

i think cancers or the plague would be good
if you lived in a society that never dumped graves far away from the main populous, they could turn green after like 5 minutes and anyone who walks by them has their hunger bar slowly reduced
cancers could make you slower and slower, and give you a unique facial expression of pain
heart attacks would suck tho. you just immediately DIE. i think if they were executed differently i support them. there should be a cause for them like eating too much pies, as this could be a way to prevent pie gobblers and increase food diversity

Did you know 8/10 babies commit suicide when most needed? Dial 1-800-420-BEBE to find out more today.

Board footer