One Hour One Life Forums

a multiplayer game of parenting and civilization building

You are not logged in.

#1 2018-10-21 09:52:48

jinbaili83

The last of Groot

The last of Groot
Born as the last child of Anna Groot, since young age i knew i want to build something special for our town. A wolf farm.
Soon i realized that there are no girls in town and i will be the last member of our family.
Town was stocked with food and tools so i could be fully focused on my project.
Once old enough to venture further from town i collected branches for small fence.
Thanks to abundance of maple trees i finished enclosure just before my hair started to thin out.
I crafted arrow and shot wild boar to feed pups with its meat.
All i needed now was breading stock that will start my fur industry.
Where will i find wolfs? At first i looked west as i was more familiar with those parts of wilderness,
but found only small patches of badlands- no wolfs there.
Back in town i grabbed fresh pie and headed to unknown- to the north.
This time it seamed i was more lucky not far away was a gigantic gray biome stretching in all directions,
but i was to late hunters ware here before me.
One next to another i found three shot wolfs, bow an arrow close to old pile of bones. A hunter maybe?
Then came my biggest mistake i decided to continue scouting this badlands even though i knew i had no home marker. It was so close to town after all.
Lured by sounds of wild animals i run in circles in hope to find a wolf, but all i saw was muflons and roaming bears.
I decided to go back to town and return bow and wolf pelts i found earlier.
I headed south and soon signs of human activity started to emerge- bones, sharp stones, broken branches, milkweed seeds.
I knew i was close, but then i found no more of those just untouched wilderness- wild onions and plenty of milkweed.
This was bad. I went back north to were i found bones and tried going west and than east but could find no more signs of civilization than stray skeletons.
I panicked. Will i wander in wilderness till i die? I decided to scan this whole area , galloping on horse east and west i was moving slowly to north again. My pie supply was no more.
I had to make some space in cart for more food, wild berries could not nourish me as much as pie.
Finally i found two wolfs and decided to feed one to get rid of raw mutton.
Risking deadly bite i chased one wolf, fed it and ran back to safe distance.
Just seconds later - "yip" - puppies ware born, but taking one now was out of question, it would not survive my aimless wondering.
Still feeling strong and young i hoped to find my town and get to this place again to finish my grand project.
But just in few minutes of methodical scanning of wastelands i saw a bunny emerging from its hole, a sign that no one was here before.
All this time i was moving in wrong direction.
I was getting old and weak now my chances to find town ware getting smaller every minute.
Where to go now? South again, i ride straight ahead dodging snakes and wild boars.
Just ass last of my gray hair fall and wrinkles covered whole face i notice something unusual- old grave of hunter in its wolf hat and fur cloths.
Not far away cut trees mark a path to small berry farm in middle of swamp. Is this part of my town or some other settlement?
Should i stop and spend my last minutes here by the bush or look further. I take few berries for a road and move south again.
More cut trees all around now and finally stone walls, i remember this place. I'm smiling again.
Streets littered with cloths and bones, i recognize blue hat of my cuisine. All of them now gone, soon i will join them in death.
Last things for me to do. I tie horse to a fence, eat berry before i starve and place my backpack on ground.
Just enough time to say my last words: I am the last of Groot....

#2 2018-10-21 16:09:18

D3mon1cblack

Re: The last of Groot

im so sorry to hear it ended like this it was quite the good spot
im so proud of all the players makin this town get this big
but as all things have a end so do civilizations in ohol
rest in peace groot fam

im eve groot or eve degroot and if i dont care and spawn next to an item ill call myself eve (itemname)
420 mushroom cultist and proud of it!

Board footer