One Hour One Life Forums

a multiplayer game of parenting and civilization building

You are not logged in.

#1 2018-10-19 01:25:19

parker

more wool era tech

here are some suggestions, i was too lazy to come up wit recipes but you could if you want
-baby wrap
basically in nurseries you could wrap babies in these and it keeps them at absolute balanced temp so you don't have to keep a fire up
-rugs
just better bear rugs, made of wool and rabbit
-more clothing options/dyes
self explanatory

if u got any more plz share

Did you know 8/10 babies commit suicide when most needed? Dial 1-800-420-BEBE to find out more today.

#2 2018-10-19 10:13:17

voy178

Re: more wool era tech

More insulation options would be what wool would be best for. So wall coverings, rugs, blankets, padding, etc. As society progresses it is highly likely to create a class system and it would be very nifty to have finely woven wool clothing as luxury items.

Also, wool can be used as soil fertilizer. For whatever reason, we might be needing that in the future.

#3 2018-10-19 10:29:14

Tarr
Banned

I'd honestly prefer if we got cotton instead of more wool stuff. Sheep are already the only must have animals with the total opposite side of the spectrum being dogs which are even more of a waste than pigs. Loading even more utility into sheep is just not something we need.

For you to get babies at good temp without fire you'd have to dump full kits of clothing on babies in the corner of a stone room and I'm not even sure how close that gets a kid to middle temp off the top of my head.

fug it’s Tarr.

#4 2018-10-19 10:51:42

Carrot-Seedling

We'd need to weave cotton somehow, maybe a loom, or follow 2HOL with the simple weaver? And we could make cotton cloth, and cotton clothing, and, of course, towels.

Cotton towels would be good to mop up spills, like if your pond overflows or you spill your milk. We don't have spills yet, so we might have our dyes spill if we don't use them after a while and if we leave the water on the dead ashes it could spill as well. We would need to wash our towels after, in a lake maybe? (But nobody loves decay, so this may never happen.)
We could wear towels, on the chest slot. Or invent dresses and have towels take both the chest and pants slot, like a dress.
Or wrap up small things (two or three) in a towel and add them to a yew shaft to create a bag on a stick, and have a picnic! Put down the stick to create a floor with all the items that were inside on it.
We can dye towels, and if it mops up a spilled dye, it gets colorful spots you can't remove. The towel still works! You can only have one kind of colorful stain, and only get stained if it's not dyed, to keep from clogging up the recipe viewer.
And we might use towels for low-quality removable rugs or a floor that holds two items, or use the towel as wall decorations as a recipe with the wall.

These ideas would be funny for an end-game civilization, or a very ambitious Eve on Server 15. Towels should give off some kind of warmth.

On another note: Wool pants. Cotton pants. Wool skirts and dresses. Any kind of pants, skirts or dress items that are NOT rabbit fur. Plz.

Edit: More ideas for a towel. I like this idea more than I thought I did. tongue
Re-Edit: Spacing out and refining. I promise not to edit again. smile

Last edited by Carrot-Seedling (2018-10-19 18:35:40)

You have now laid eyes upon the one and only Raidan Allcock on the leaderboards. tongue

Board footer