One Hour One Life Forums

a multiplayer game of parenting and civilization building

You are not logged in.

#1 2018-10-17 22:23:12

Catfive

EVE Churchill and the family that skipped lives to reach the bell

I wish I could put together one like multilife does but mine are only text, sorry.

I spawn as Eve and have four suicide babies in quick succession, well one or two i may have left behind right at the start hmm Then the bell rang, 3.6k away! I can make that and not spend my last hour's play just starting another settlement but maybe easier? I set off toward the bell and before long have a son. I tell him we run for town with bell maybe 15 minutes but you get a long life there, he thinks about it as I run carrying him then says 'nah', damn..

Next is Cherie, a smart kid who says yes to the plan and I'm thinking great, she will carry our line on at town. She grows in my arms and eventually has legs long enough to keep up. This is going to be great! But no, I lose her, looking back on the lineage I lost her possibly less than 2k from the bell sad
I know i'll hit menopause just as i reach it so please one more baby, I hope my little girl makes it to town!

I have a boy next and with this surname why not? Winston is born and I carry him forever, stopping every time he does and we're about 700m form town when no food but what he has in his basket and i'm not taking his, no food biomes close and I know I won't make it. I die with him still going ahead. I never got to tell him to steal babies and name them to keep the line on, ah well I still hope he does, plucky little fellah!

http://lineage.onehouronelife.com/serve … id=1252094

I'm reborn to the Scholar family and as a girl, seemingly the only surviving girl to a reasonable sized town. Everyone is getting on with reviving the place and as I'm toddling around Winston appears and people are talking to the drifter that rolled in telling his story! I am so happy he made it, i tell him using my 3 characters at a time text box, in fact i tell anyone that stands still long enough hahah. We get on reviving the place and after a whil everything is running good. I have many kids (and stupidly didn't get winston to name a couple to put the line back together..) I realise i have one surviving daughter but all my kids seem to be getting on with stuff, some being incredibly helpful and obvious vets like Jerusalem, some complete noobs but doing what they can. It's actually a pleasure to see.

Time pases, I barely pause and the town is truly coming to life I notice as I check by on my kids. One of 'those lives' I will remember.
I grow old but Winston my son from earlier is ofc older still. We exchange last words and I tell him I hope we meet again, Elise my only daughter who survived has a couple of girls I know of before I die and they too look like productive kids!

I hope I meet you all again kids!
Taliana Scholar Who's great grandma rediscovered the town that rang the bell Eve Churchill and her kids ran for!

http://lineage.onehouronelife.com/serve … id=1252208

Last edited by Catfive (2018-10-17 22:26:08)

#2 2018-10-18 00:39:13

happynova

Re: EVE Churchill and the family that skipped lives to reach the bell

OMG!  That is an amazing story, and I'm glad I got to hear all of it, because apparently I missed the punchline!  I was your grandmother, Tulip, and Winston showed up right before I died.  I walked past him and suddenly did this comic double-take as I realized he wasn't anyone related to me.  He told me he was a drifter and had been born on the way to this town.  I had just enough time to welcome him and explain that my mom had spawned in as an Eve and that we were reviving the place, before I died.  So I never go to hear your story about having been his mom.  That is wild!

I wonder, now, if it was my mother who rang the bell, or if it was the last people who died out in that town before she arrived.

#3 2018-10-18 09:54:05

Catfive

happynova wrote:

OMG!  That is an amazing story, and I'm glad I got to hear all of it, because apparently I missed the punchline!  I was your grandmother, Tulip, and Winston showed up right before I died.  I walked past him and suddenly did this comic double-take as I realized he wasn't anyone related to me.  He told me he was a drifter and had been born on the way to this town.  I had just enough time to welcome him and explain that my mom had spawned in as an Eve and that we were reviving the place, before I died.  So I never go to hear your story about having been his mom.  That is wild!

I wonder, now, if it was my mother who rang the bell, or if it was the last people who died out in that town before she arrived.

I fully believe it would have been your mom ringing the bell that we followed due to the timing of it. I remember talking to you too just before you passed on smile

#4 2018-10-18 10:36:18

Izzytok

Great story, but did I miss something? Can you steal kids that are not yours and name them now?

#5 2018-10-18 10:50:00

Catfive

Izzytok wrote:

Great story, but did I miss something? Can you steal kids that are not yours and name them now?

You can name any unnamed kid if you are an adult yes

#6 2018-10-23 16:50:08

VioletLily

I can't believe I missed this post.

I was Jerusalem. I remember Winston! I never realized he was your son from a past life. That is so cool! I actually had an experience very similar to that in the past. I wrote about it here:
https://onehouronelife.com/forums/viewtopic.php?id=3612

You missed some drama around Bethany Scholar too. She killed Shade and couldn't give a good reason as to why. She claimed he killed her daughter (her daughter starved), and that "he ate food" (still not sure what she meant by this. Maybe he ate too much or ate her food?). I had to kill her. I couldn't risk having a murderer in the village. She was only five minutes away from aging and just had a little baby boy right before I stabbed her, so it was unlikely she would have another girl.

I still regret this though. We had two other girls in town at the time. One girl starved shortly after and the last woman never had another girl.

I disconnected after telling the last girl that there were no others. I probably should have waited to kill Bethany until she aged... Sorry ma.

Board footer