a multiplayer game of parenting and civilization building

You are not logged in.

#1 2018-10-12 18:15:48

Vexenie

YES or NO: War and armory?

Okay, maybe not war, but equipment is must

Yea, more ways for griefers to kill others so maybe now weapons
BUT, ARMOR
And if you've seen YES or NO: royalty update, then in this is included the same new ore: copper

Weapons:
Sword:
heated blade blank + flat stone = hot blade on flat rock
hot blade on flat rock + heated blade blank = two hot blades on flat rock
two hot blades on flat rock + hammer = sword blade blank
sword blade blank + short shaft = sword blank
sword blank + grindstone = sword
Allows to stab two times, basically knife used two times, then slow down

Broken chest plates can be reforged into ingots and again into chest plates
Grindstone:
large boulder + chisel + hammer = loose grindstone
grindstone + two long straight shafts = grindstone

Spear:
long straight shaft + blade = spear
Allows for player to knock off other player from horse and also stab

Armor:
Iron, copper and gold chest plate:
ingot + hammer = metal (iron, copper, gold) plate
metal plate + metal plate = two metal plates
two metal plates + metal plates = three metal plates
three metal plates + metal plate = four metal plates
four metal plates + hammer = metal chest plate

Reason why armor is good, because it protects you from stab or shot, but doesn't stop the killer
iron armor = 3 hits
gold armor = 2 hits
copper armor = 1 hit

Last edited by Vexenie (2018-10-12 19:20:58)

I enjoy the simpler things in life, but only if I'm calm.

#2 2018-10-12 18:59:45

UnnoticedShadow

Re: YES or NO: War and armory?

More weapons encourage greifing, and are not really needed.  Besides, when the new steam people hear about this update they will get the wrong idea...

#3 2018-10-12 19:28:47

Booklat1

honestly, just swords and maybe armour to keep one safe from bows would be great. Currently bows are somewhat easy to make and find and it's wounds are hard to heal. Maybe giving some last girl armour could help (there should be still be people with knives to hurt the villain if armoured or heal the girl if stabbed)

Swords I think would be needed as a single purpose only item, killing. this way those people with swords could hurt others real bad, but have no excuses for carrying a sword at all.

#4 2018-10-12 19:41:44

Tarr
Banned

The thing is any sort of battles have only lasted a few hours at max. Through my nearly 1000 hours of gameplay I can only note a few specific times anything of the sort has occured.

The city of Ducks had a lot of violence occur in between it and its sister cities. I think it was about a full day of people just raising children to send off to kill each other.

I remember lineages fighting in Ovenpost a few times and maybe a few different occasions of raiding parties showing up to towns. This game isn't exactly suited to war as you'll eventually just lineage ban all your children soldiers from both sides. As great as curses are I think it discourages any sort of this behavior as you'll just end up in donkeytown for this sort of gimmick idea.

War just isn't feasible with the small player base.

fug it’s Tarr.

#5 2018-10-12 22:10:50

Booklat1

I agree there is no need for war in the game. There is barely reason to secure resources or land or to take it from others since it's probably easier to get the same stuff for yourself.

Nevertheless, i think a new weapon and armour option would push industry in that direction a bit (at least for armours), which is a goal in itself. Also, as more rare resources and important landmarks are added we'll be needing to keep those close.

Imagine this, would there be war if civs needed late game resources like oil? What if those were rare? Cause right now its much easier to find gold, for example, than to find another city.

#6 2018-10-13 21:48:57

GreatShawn

I doubt Jason accept ideas anymore. I send him a suggestion via email and all i got is him saying "More updates like this is coming soon!".

#7 2018-10-14 02:22:46

Booklat1

GreatShawn wrote:

I doubt Jason accept ideas anymore. I send him a suggestion via email and all i got is him saying "More updates like this is coming soon!".

Because the right way to make suggestions is going to reddit and he is working on steam.

I've got responses like that too but it's just he's busy, you know? what did you suggest anyway?

#8 2018-10-14 02:37:39

Tarr
Banned

GreatShawn wrote:

The thing is Jason does take ideas from the community and implement them. Some people thought it'd be cool to have dogs, now we have dogs (little rushed but we know they'll be looked at eventually.) People had been asking for tree farming since like the start of the game guess what we got? Hell Jason even spent last week dealing with different methods of door griefing and made fences more viable (They're not but if you like fences cool beans.)

Anyways Jason does take our ideas just because he didn't implement whatever you suggested right away doesn't mean he isn't listening. He's just a one man team that sneaks in whatever ideas he likes when he gets the chance.

fug it’s Tarr.

#9 2018-10-16 00:36:37

parker

i think this could be a good idea, and itd be cool if you could get even better weapons by making brass by:
iron ingot + copper = brass crucible

Did you know 8/10 babies commit suicide when most needed? Dial 1-800-420-BEBE to find out more today.

Board footer