One Hour One Life Forums

a multiplayer game of parenting and civilization building

You are not logged in.

#1 2018-10-09 12:11:30

Roblor

The story of Guy Whatstheirname

Ok.
Gather around my children.
For what I am about to tell you is the story of a man called Guy Whatstheirname.
A man who lived many an update ago...
Guy Whatstheirname was born of a wild amazon on horseback. The moment he plopped out, his mother startled so that her horse ran straight unto a sneaky snek.
The wagon of the horse tipped over, but the horse was fine. Guys mother instantly ran to gather rope from the wild milkweeds growing nearby.
Meanwhile lil' baby Guy was left standing there among the wreckage, but his spirit did not waver - for he was one brave babe!
His mother on the other hand was so fertile that whilst out in the forest picking milkweed, she somehow begot him a brother, whom also she couldn't care for.
Guy Whatstheirname, through his shrewd baby intuition, knew his mothers grave predicament - for she was responsible for a horse and a carriage, which sadly can't be used to transport babies (yet).
Therefore he offered his kind, yet troubled mother to feed his baby brother while she did her errand.
She was grateful for this, and told them to venture west when they were grown.
For there lay the home of their people.
And become grown they did.
Thus the two brothers starting trekking westward.
They ventured far and ran for years and years, side by side.
Guy, however eventually strayed during their trek and went towards a bell he had once faintly heard as babe. For he did not believe the chances of reaching the motherlands were great at all.
But, thus the two brothers separated and were ne'er to see one an other again. :,(

Guy Whatstheirname barely stopped for food, but still, as if in some cliche movie montage, grew while running; into a big, stronk man, full of ruggedness and more stronkth.
Having ran for many a 'k' he stumbled on a vast city with many a house. It was totally abandoned as far as the screen could see, all for but one lone woman, for whom Whatstheirname asked to be made husband of.
She as well had heard the beckoning chime of the far-off bell in her youth and made an equally, if not more, amazing journey to reach this distant place. Now they both were full grown woman and man and naturally a baby followed suit. Together this new-founded family explored the many wonders in the ghostly remnants of this once a great city.
Among these wonders was a library filled to the brim with ancient lore and bad poetry (Yes it was the same town as Aurora lived in in that youtube video), big fields of gooseberry and mysterious roads leading off to only Jason knows where.

Guy and Missus Whatstheirnames' baby grew to become strapping young lad of much more stronkth and virility.
Seeing this, Guy Whatstheirname decided that the boy was to become a hunterboi and took him into the woods to snare the elusive rab. This was however to be the fatal mistake which cost Guy Whatstheirname his one and only child. Having lived for such a long time alone in silence, he now chatted carelessly away about the many tricks of the snare, totally neglecting the tricks of how not to starve to death.
The polite boy died politely while politely listening to his old man talk about rab hunting and ne'er got to see what more unfolded.

So distraught was Guy Whatstheirname, that he ran crying back to his wife, who after the many o' years they'd been out hunting, had become as old and gray as himself.
No longer having a future to busy themselves with, they now strolled along the wooden streets dejectedly. That's when Guy Whatstheirname spotted a man.
'Where did you come from?' He exclaimed!
The man replied naught.
'Are there more people around?'
The man replied naught.
'Who are you talking to love?' Missus Whatstheirname asked.
'I am talking with this here man' he replied, but his wife said that she did not see him.
That's how Guy Whatstheirname realized that he was talking to a ghost! yikes
He carefully tried to prick the man with the tip of his knife.
The man responded naught.
'There stands a ghost my wife'
They quickly moved along not to further provoke the specter.

Guy and Missus Whatstheirname spendt a few more years happily together until Missus Whatstheirname met her timely end.
Thereupon Guy roamed the city aimlessly throughout the next few years, until one day when he stumbled upon the spectral man once again. However this time, the man moved about quite busily, where as he had once stood still.
The ghostly man was moving hither and thither conducting his business in the town. And Guy Whatshisname spoke to him:
'I tried to speak to you and nothing you replied. I tried to stab you and nothing you acknowledged. My wife tried to see you and nothing was shown. Who are you?'
The man came to an halt and looked at Guy Whatstheirname.
'Well... You could say that I'm the architect of this place.' The man replied slyly.
A light flashed before Guys eyes as he proclaimed;
'You are Jason.'
And died.

Last edited by Roblor (2018-10-10 20:23:19)

IT PUTS ÞE BERRY IN ÞE BASKET OR ELSE IT GETS ÞE HOSE AGAIN !

Board footer