One Hour One Life Forums

a multiplayer game of parenting and civilization building

You are not logged in.

#1 2018-03-10 21:03:16

Gouranga

Black screen when first loading the game.

This happens since the game forces fullscreen on 1980x1080, the fix is to go into the options and edit fullscreen.ini from a 1 to a 0.
Now I've had to force-restart my computer 5 times before finding one random post in this forum that didn't even have the same problem but gave that solution, I also tried deleting bigpointer.tga but obviously that didn't work.

The reason I made this post.. God dammit, don't force fullscreen!! I shouldn't be the one telling you this! I know it's annoying when you install a new game and it doesn't force fullscreen the first time, but that's for a reason!
I'm probably not the first one telling you that force-restarting your computer isn't healthy for the motherboard, it's pretty alarming when your whole computer turns black and you can't alt-tab out of it, and CTRL+ALT+Delete doesn't respond, my God, why? You knew this was an issue, from the bigpointer.tga to some high resolution issue, why? At least it wasn't a virus.. right??

For the record, I'm running on Windows 7 x64.. The game loaded now, but it's all trouble that could've been avoided.. Needless to say, other new users that aren't me might panic way more than I did and ask for a refund, 20$ is a lot for a 2D game after all.
Anyway.. I needed to rant.. I understand it's an indie game and we all learn from mistakes, just please.. For the sake of future users, disable forced fullscreen on the files new users download.. They'll put fullscreen on if they fancy it.

Last edited by Gouranga (2018-03-10 21:05:55)

Board footer