One Hour One Life Forums

a multiplayer game of parenting and civilization building

You are not logged in.

#1 2018-10-05 21:00:52

Tea

The Life After My Death

I don't remember who said it and I might butcher his/her words but someone once wrote, that after every bad life waits your favorite one. And I agree if you let it happen.

I was born a girl to the West Family and had a quiet, normal (almost boring) life. I found an apron and later a knife that I used to kill some sheep that we had too many of. Made a cart and spend most of my time carrying mutton meat to the bakery.

Then one girl, Ophelia West, started to run around with bow and arrow, way to often close to me. I had the feeling that she was targeting me. But I didn't wanted to kill her without having someone to back me up. So after bringing the meat to the baker, I went to see Danny West, the shepherd, who I trusted. Unfortunately, right as I was going to tell him my plan, I got shot. I had the only knife, no one could heal me.

Everyone was standing around us, in shock, and only started to curse that girl after I cursed her and told the people to kill her with my knife.

I was boiling with rage. Not only was I angry at this girl but at myself as well. How did I not see her come to me ? Why do I always need to have someone on my side instead of trusting my guts and kill the person ? Why me ?

Frustrated and still mad, I started my new life in the North Family. I wasn't motivated to live this new life and wanted to end it. As my mother hold me in her arms, I realized that I was getting way too upset for a small thing.

Yes, she killed me, but only me. I wasn't the last female and everyone saw her shooting me. She could have killed way more people but decided to kill only one and for that, she got killed and got at least three curses.

So I stopped, breathed and told myself that my anger shouldn't effect my new life. Even my mother wanted me to stay. So I decided to work at the Bakery, a nice quiet place to calm down.

And it worked. My mother trusted me her knife and I made lots of bread, learned how to make butter on my own, enjoyed the sight of our zombie goose and had a nice chat with the towns people.

Towards the end of my life, I made paper for our lovely garden, a bit north from the bakery. There, we decided to bury our people who were special to us. I wanted to make for every grave a little note but only managed to make one for Randal North before I passed away.

I felt sad to leave this town. But happy. My past life didn't seem that important anymore.

I'm glad to have lived as Stefan North.

The one and only Eve Kelderman

#2 2018-10-05 21:09:06

Catfive

Re: The Life After My Death

Another little consolation maybe: she was closer to 6 or 7 curses at least as some women even passed on the story to their grandchildren!

#3 2018-10-05 21:25:43

MultiLife

Hi Stefan! I was from North gen 17, you ended up being a descendant of my sister. smile I was Darcy North.
It was I who said that in another thread, how the next life may be your favorite one. Glad it stuck! big_smile I tried to find the thread where I posted it to get the original sentence correct but I just can't find it! D:

But yeah I also had some zombie goose time during my stay!
kxIiVkc.jpg

And uh. Some really bad trips. :'D
xvUJ62j.jpg

Notable lives (Male): Happy, Erwin Callister, Knight Peace, Roman Rodocker, Bon Doolittle, Terry Plant, Danger Winter, Crayton Ide, Tim Quint, Jebediah (Tarr), Awesome (Elliff), Rocky, Tim West
Notable lives (Female): Elisa Mango, Aaban Qin, Whitaker August, Lucrecia August, Poppy Worth, Kitana Spoon, Linda II, Eagan Hawk III, Darcy North, Rosealie (Quint), Jess Lucky, Lilith (Unkle)

#4 2018-10-05 21:50:38

sarannwrap

If I wasn't Ophelia's mother I would be surprised... I love the name Ophelia.  If I was, I am sorry.  I do my best to keep my kids in line.  Anyway, someone really needs to put that damn chicken out of its misery.  It's been there forever!

#5 2018-10-05 22:04:46

Hiboupreufen

I remember spending an entire life in the forge, and seeing that poor headless bird still moving every time I went out for kindling. I was still looking at it from the door when I died at age 60, instructing the new smithie - to whom I gave my smithie snake boot - to threaten people with the knife I had made if they came in and cluttered the forge, for they would quickly tidy it up.

Last edited by Hiboupreufen (2018-10-05 22:05:05)

#6 2018-10-05 22:22:53

hmrka

I was Ophelia's son... When I was born I was in the forest with two women, one eating berrys, one chasing my mum with a knife. I ran to the lady eating berries and she fed me, named me later when she could pick me up. As my mum got stabbed I stayed next to her and said bye.
The lady who fed me was waiting to be old enough so she could curse Ophelia, I waited with her there. She took me back and I took care of berries. Then I was a baker, some grandma gave me her backpack and apron. I visited my adopted mom from time to time and she kept getting many kids. I also met my grandmother, Ophelia's mom, she said shes happy that something good came from her evil daughter.
I had to go so I told my adoptive mum to follow me, gave her my backpack and gave an apron to her son. Told her that I love her before dying.

http://lineage.onehouronelife.com/serve … id=1198246

I sign my ingame notes as Gio or Truz.
big baby: https://i.imgur.com/ZoLRpb3.png
most kids: https://i.imgur.com/3Vmffb4.png

#7 2018-10-05 22:39:15

Tea

Catfive wrote:

Another little consolation maybe: she was closer to 6 or 7 curses at least as some women even passed on the story to their grandchildren!

Yes, yes that does make me a little happy big_smile

MultiLife wrote:

... It was I who said that in another thread, how the next life may be your favorite one. Glad it stuck! big_smile I tried to find the thread where I posted it to get the original sentence correct but I just can't find it! D: ...

I had a slight idea that it might be you but it took me forever to find your quote so I gave up xD

Also I vote that the zombie goose stays, he's happy waddling his little feet in the air ! And it's always a great view for all the children and newer players ^^

#8 2018-10-06 09:16:50

MultiLife

hmrka wrote:

I was Ophelia's son... When I was born I was in the forest with two women, one eating berrys, one chasing my mum with a knife. I ran to the lady eating berries and she fed me, named me later when she could pick me up. As my mum got stabbed I stayed next to her and said bye.
The lady who fed me was waiting to be old enough so she could curse Ophelia, I waited with her there. She took me back and I took care of berries. Then I was a baker, some grandma gave me her backpack and apron. I visited my adopted mom from time to time and she kept getting many kids. I also met my grandmother, Ophelia's mom, she said shes happy that something good came from her evil daughter.
I had to go so I told my adoptive mum to follow me, gave her my backpack and gave an apron to her son. Told her that I love her before dying.

http://lineage.onehouronelife.com/serve … id=1198246

Gasp! Victor! My mom was Suze and I got your apron and backpack! I was fanboying over you two, you guys seemed so sweet. It was sad to see you had to leave, I would've loved to be your assistant around the town. I ended up becoming an iron retriever, bringing back two cartfuls (with baskets), apronfuls and backpackfuls of iron to the town, which were immediately taken in to make tools. I kept your stuff all the way to the end, making snake skin boots for the fading town. Very useful to have the apron and backpack, thank you!

DN5nKLx.jpg
c4RKquZ.jpg
8ELA9CD.jpg

Notable lives (Male): Happy, Erwin Callister, Knight Peace, Roman Rodocker, Bon Doolittle, Terry Plant, Danger Winter, Crayton Ide, Tim Quint, Jebediah (Tarr), Awesome (Elliff), Rocky, Tim West
Notable lives (Female): Elisa Mango, Aaban Qin, Whitaker August, Lucrecia August, Poppy Worth, Kitana Spoon, Linda II, Eagan Hawk III, Darcy North, Rosealie (Quint), Jess Lucky, Lilith (Unkle)

#9 2018-10-06 10:48:22

Catfive

hmrka wrote:

I also met my grandmother, Ophelia's mom, she said shes happy that something good came from her evil daughter.

Yep I was her mum. I had a son also, Grant who was the complete opposite , making stews, sourkraut and on to more before I died. This was one of the rare times I don't have a weapon tucked away somewhere or I'd have killed Ophelia myself.
My own life was quite easy going, restarting the compost chain, gathering carts of wood, teaching son where rabbits were and taking him on a trip to obtain a backpack.
I need to learn to make paper and write now!

#10 2018-10-06 16:23:42

Catfive

Hiboupreufen wrote:

I remember spending an entire life in the forge, and seeing that poor headless bird still moving every time I went out for kindling. I was still looking at it from the door when I died at age 60, instructing the new smithie - to whom I gave my smithie snake boot - to threaten people with the knife I had made if they came in and cluttered the forge, for they would quickly tidy it up.

I was born here again today and that goose is still there twitching away!

#11 2018-10-06 17:42:37

PeaGirl

Ohh, North family. I remember being the only female to this family who had settled to previous Quint family city. It was like a heaven to me. I loved my four beautiful female players who were ready to contribute for the new beginning.
Also, I am sorry son who I didn't name... I must've been too busy then. D:
http://lineage.onehouronelife.com/serve … id=1196827

Last edited by PeaGirl (2018-10-06 17:43:35)

If you ever enter Pea (Helkama turns into random name) family, you need the lottery ticket picked up. My baby names given can be absolutely random.
"Are you fueled with peasoup or why you keep running off from temperature tile?"

#12 2018-10-07 00:49:04

JonySky
Website

unfortunately that city has become horrible, rooms with exits blocked by drawers, murders on all sides, dirt, griefers ... that city is doomed ... even if they all die and a EVE reappears, it is very difficult to reactivate that city

I was born several times there and in my last life, there were 3 bears killing people + 2 assassins + 1 griefer hiding the fire bow drill + a jail where they shoot the girls and throw them food like the animals ....

At least the zombie goose is still there! Hahaha

/sad

Last edited by JonySky (2018-10-07 00:50:03)

#13 2018-10-07 01:18:16

ShadouFireborn

I was born there yesterday, twice. The second time the Willow Family that was there was self-destructing, with a family of griefers sacrificing children to appease the goose. I ran away from that nonsense, and got caught up in the griefer hunt.

When all was said and done, it was me and one other girl that hid herself away that were able to repopulate. I only had one daughter, because suicide babies. I hope my daughter had better luck with kids.

Edit: CURSE ANDROID AUTOCORRECT

Last edited by ShadouFireborn (2018-10-07 01:26:10)

One person can easily destroy what has taken dozens of people to build. And they don't see anything wrong with it. They like to do it even. They fiercely defend their right to destroy. They'll do whatever it takes to get around any measures in place to prevent them from doing so.

What we do when there are no real consequences to our actions makes a rather sad statement about human nature.

#14 2018-10-07 01:44:59

Tea

JonySky wrote:

unfortunately that city has become horrible, rooms with exits blocked by drawers, murders on all sides, dirt, griefers ... that city is doomed ... even if they all die and a EVE reappears, it is very difficult to reactivate that city

Well ... Just spawned there with four other Eves big_smile That was deffinetly enough to reactivate that place !

JonySky wrote:

I was born several times there and in my last life, there were 3 bears killing people + 2 assassins + 1 griefer hiding the fire bow drill + a jail where they shoot the girls and throw them food like the animals ....

At least the zombie goose is still there! Hahaha

/sad

A human zoo sounds exciting big_smile

The city that I loved so much is now a shadow of itself. It took me four lives to rebuild the garden and now it is beyond saving ... boxes at every entrance of each room, cut trees and clutter everywhere.

It will take hours to clear up that mess. But I think that city had her glorious days and it's now time to just put her down and restart a new amazing place!

Wish we could take our zombie goose with us to the new city ^^

#15 2018-10-07 13:58:55

gabal

I have been to the goose city myself yesterday. It was a nice place then and I really enjoyed life I lived there. Sad to hear about it being ruined...

Board footer