One Hour One Life Forums

a multiplayer game of parenting and civilization building

You are not logged in.

#1 2018-10-04 13:11:03

MegaLlama

Don't Joke about Griefing

Just learned the hard way to NOT joke about murder sprees.

It was in the unofficial town square, next to the forge and bakery. I thought to myself it might be funny to scare the people of the town with a little prank.

Yeah, that ended badly.

As I stood by the forge with the knife I took from a corpse in my pack, I loudly announced that I had just realised that I could go on a killing spree, right there. I never meant to actually do it, but I guess I underestimated the blacksmith's will to defend the town. I never actually saw the killing blow (my internet is lousy at the moment), but within seconds the whole town had gathered around me, staring at the gaping wound in my stomach. At first, I was angry at the blacksmith, I yelled at her, saying that I never meant to do it, but soon, I realised what she did she did rightfully so. After all, it is better to kill one person than have half the town dead. Some of the towns members were shocked by her actions, one even cursed her, but they didn't know the whole story. At peace with the situation, I soon collapsed, dying at the age of 27.

The moral of this short story?

Don't joke about murders

#2 2018-10-04 14:04:09

PeaGirl

Re: Don't Joke about Griefing

At least you know that such thing is no joking matter, as it is in real life. I bet it was lot of shit and giggles when you did it. I though usually am more subtle when it comes for making sarcasm near someone who has knife in their apron.

If you ever enter Pea (Helkama turns into random name) family, you need the lottery ticket picked up. My baby names given can be absolutely random.
"Are you fueled with peasoup or why you keep running off from temperature tile?"

#3 2018-10-04 14:59:32

Nopik

I had a baby once that responded to my “wanna stay?” with “y i k i l u”. I dropped her immediately. When I refused to feed her, she claimed “jk”, but I let her die. Whether she meant it or not, saying that she intended to kill me when she was dependent on me for food proved that she was too stupid to live.

#4 2018-10-04 15:04:58

MegaLlama

Yeah, looking back now, It was a really stupid move

#5 2018-10-04 17:25:12

Catfive

Yep you have to remember people would brag about what they planned to make everyone's game that bit more shit in the past. I've laid more than a few to rest and encouraged others to do the same if they have promised to be aggro.

#6 2018-10-04 17:26:25

MinnieMoocher

Hey, that was me who shanked you. I regretted it after, felt like I acted too fast. But, I've been in more than one town this week with grief killers (one who terrorized the whole town, killing not just people but all of our livestock), and I didn't want to take a chance. Just wanna say I'm sorry, man.

#7 2018-10-04 19:20:24

Catfive

MinnieMoocher wrote:

Hey, that was me who shanked you. I regretted it after, felt like I acted too fast. But, I've been in more than one town this week with grief killers (one who terrorized the whole town, killing not just people but all of our livestock), and I didn't want to take a chance. Just wanna say I'm sorry, man.

Not sure why you're apologising tbh. The guy isn't crying and whining but rather 'gets it'. Part of this game's design is to see how communities come up with their own rules, this is one smile

#8 2018-10-05 01:00:14

MegaLlama

MinnieMoocher wrote:

Don't worry about it, in retrospect, it was kinda an idiotic move. Also, your last words, were they addressing me?

#9 2018-10-05 23:46:01

Fetch

I saw you do that.  You complained to me, and I said 'well what did you expect'.

Sorry buddy, just hit the 'reborn' button

Board footer