One Hour One Life Forums

a multiplayer game of parenting and civilization building

You are not logged in.

#26 2018-09-27 03:43:57

SomeRandomPerson

Re: Can we change recipe for pine panel?

Glassius wrote:

Dear Jason, crafting in this game is quite far away from reality. Examples:

1. Sticking a rabbit on skewer takes the same effort as digging a well. I understand engine does not allow to simulate difference action times, but maybe some actions should consume food bars? In this game hard, physical work does not affect burnt callories.
2. You cannot cook rabbit over campfire. Strange, as I was cooking many things over campfires.
3. Sheeps are spamming lambs without eating.
4. Crafting first soil: pick it up from wild soil deposit. Such a thing almost don't exist in reality, as it would be covered pretty quickly with plants. Such a phenomena can be created by eating boars or falling tree, but it is temporary.
5. U need berries and carrot to make compost. Corn, cabbage is unacceptable.
6. You can acquire feather from wild goose, but not domestic
7. You cannot eat seal.
8. Backpack is possible to do only from rabbit fur, despite seals, pigs and cows available in the game.

And so on, and so on. This just a simulation and you are a single developer. We understand the lack of crafting versatility. Please, just don't justify these lacks with reality aspect, like you did quite often with arrow in the chest, before medicine update.

To be fair, one minute is an entire year. So it would take at least a year to gather all the stones for a well, a few more to drain the ponds and probably 10-20 years initially to get tools from scratch. All depends how much resources you have on hand.

I do agree with some of the realism tho.

Board footer