One Hour One Life Forums

a multiplayer game of parenting and civilization building

You are not logged in.

#1 2018-03-10 12:21:09

Hydromancerx

[Sudgestion] More Ponds

Either have the existing ponds give different types of animals or add different types of ponds.

Such as ...

- Frog Pond with Lilly Pads. Frogs can be caught as well a lily pads roots can be harvested for food.
- Coy Pond that can be caught and domesticated in artificially made ponds.
- Beaver Pond with a Beaver Lodge. Beavers can be caught and skinned.
- Crayfish Pond. Traps can be added to ponds much like snare traps to rabbit holes.
- Alligator Pond which spawns an Alligator much like bears.
- Turtle Pond which you can either kill for meat or take their eggs for food. Shells can be used as containers/bowls.

Note they should all allow you to get water too like the Canadian Goose one.

Last edited by Hydromancerx (2018-03-10 12:23:01)

#2 2018-03-10 13:54:31

Sr.Hikari

Re: [Sudgestion] More Ponds

I think no need more pons. We need rivers or something

Last edited by Sr.Hikari (2018-03-10 13:54:58)

#3 2018-03-10 14:13:45

Persona

+1 on rivers, and irrigation to automate farming a bit. Someone should not have to play an hour just tending carrots...kinda unfair/unfun once the novelty wares off

#4 2018-03-10 14:18:22

Sr.Hikari

Automate is so much. I see problems, when i found a good place for live, but dont have ponds or the ponds dry quickly, and can't manage the farms

#5 2018-03-10 14:19:50

Sr.Hikari

Another think, rain. When rain, the pounds regenerate quickly

#6 2018-03-10 14:30:38

Persona

@Sr.Hikari - never said fully automated, but perhaps lower the amount of "tending" needed - once you reach irrigation you will still need to seed perhaps, but no one needs to constantly fetch water and water individual rows.

Would allow the farmer to craft do other things while farming is more watching harvesting and planting and not so constant grind

#7 2018-03-10 14:33:06

Marakitus

I know its difficult for Jason because it's pretty much a one-man team, but that is something I think the game is missing is more dynamics, weather like rain or drought, day/night cycles.

I think rivers and perhaps small hills or mountains would be great. Forward thinking like you said, once the tech is there, irrigation systems could be used off these rivers to take the strain a little bit off of farming. Obviously, you still would need someone to plant, maintain the systems etc, but perhaps that will be implemented later on.

"Good luck in our little game."

#8 2018-03-10 16:59:55

Alveus

Persona wrote:

@Sr.Hikari - never said fully automated, but perhaps lower the amount of "tending" needed - once you reach irrigation you will still need to seed perhaps, but no one needs to constantly fetch water and water individual rows.

Would allow the farmer to craft do other things while farming is more watching harvesting and planting and not so constant grind

I actually posted an idea in my idea suggestion thread on this.

"#6 Irrigation should be possible by shoveling squares adjacent to ponds (for a set distance.) Crops one square away from irrigation do not need to be watered. This seems a bit overpowered in the current meta, maybe this would cause source springs (ponds) to dry out over time. You would now have to feed the source pond with water?"

main thread: https://onehouronelife.com/forums/viewtopic.php?id=341

In this sense I would think of ponds as small source springs. i would suggest implementing various sizes of source springs, however. Maybe the drain on the source spring could be lessened by connecting multiple springs together.

In essence all progress is simply just streamlining. Irrigation is a necessary step in that direction.

Last edited by Alveus (2018-03-10 17:01:33)

#9 2018-03-10 18:01:51

ameliewilde

Jason created a subreddit where he will check out the most upvoted suggestions periodically.

https://www.reddit.com/r/OneLifeSuggestions/

#10 2018-03-10 18:12:15

Auner

This is super real tho--- like how is society going to progress without farming becoming more automatic and less labor-intensive?

Let's assume for a minute you are born into a great empire with crazy progress- you could never work towards electricity or anything because it's pretty much impossible for a civilization to survive- because you gotta eat, but your labor is required on the farm to produce enough for you.

Actually in all realities- all objects that you can create in the game also has to come with an ability to auto-mate it to an extent. Once you have those foundations- then you can progress. But without that automation- civilization is screwed.

Once upon a time there was a lizard who wanted to be a dragon...

#11 2018-03-10 18:40:20

Aprone

Hydromancerx wrote:

- Beaver Pond with a Beaver Lodge. Beavers can be caught and skinned.

There is no shortage of beavers in this game already.  I'm not sure we need to add more.  big_smile

#12 2018-03-10 22:04:37

NIKS YMNI GNIL WARK

rivers
https://www.reddit.com/r/OneLifeSuggestions/
up vote rivers and mountains if you want it!

Board footer