One Hour One Life Forums

a multiplayer game of parenting and civilization building

You are not logged in.

#1 2018-09-21 05:33:52

Zombeh

Sad story of a Pharo

From the moment I was born, the village was in chaos. Blood coated the ground and bodies lay in massive heaps. There was arguing and my mother swiftly carried me off into the wilderness. I clung to my mom for safety. We survived for a while but mom was unable to support us both. She never let go of me, however. In her desperate attempt to save us both she died on her way back to the village. I was left stranded, unable to feed myself and alone. I wandered to the village, weak and starving. There was a cozy desert tile to stand on and I waited.

No one was in sight and all was quiet. I assumed the worst, but then the sound of footsteps came nearby. On unsteady legs, I wobbled to the source to find an elderly relative. I cried for food and she took pity on me. She fed me and along with another elder lady to help, I grew up. They told me I was the last baby. The last girl. And later found it was the same relatives that were my saviors, that had murdered so many. It was 'needed' apparently, so I meekly agreed. When they passed on, I got both of their knives and clothes.. and I was determined to bring the village back from ruin.

As I worked other long-lost relatives returned. They too had fled during the chaos and survived. Together the village was bustling once more and I took up the job of caring for sheep, smithing and making food. It was a good life from that point on. Having three kids (one died and was reborn to me moments later), I lived out my life happy. I was content knowing the work of former generations would not go to waste.

But fate can be unkind. First, a cousin stumbled into camp, bleeding from a bear wound. We had no medical supplies to help heal her just yet, so she perished. From that point, I set out to make arrows to take down the bear. I had finished one when my eldest daughter stumbled into camp, dying. I wept as she took her final breath in my arms. I was determined now for vengeance and was hard at work. By the time I finished all three arrows, I returned in time to hear the death cries of my only other daughter near the farm. Everyone was dead and I could not find the bear, try as I might.

I was a frail old woman at this point. My bones ached and my entire family was gone. With what life I had left I buried what family I could to the North of the village. I died alone by the graves of my daughters. The last words uttered on my breath an apology.

Signing off, Firdaws Pharo

Ever had more than 15 babies in one life? I have.

So many babies.

#2 2018-09-21 06:25:12

NoraRose86

Re: Sad story of a Pharo

My name was Lisa. My cousin was Amina. You were the last baby girl of our cursed village.

At first, our small village was thriving. We were surrounded by so many resources and duck ponds as far as the eye could see.

But what we didn’t know, was that we were cursed.

You see, only red-headed babies were born into this village. All girls. Never a boy. On and on it went, girl after girl after girl being born. There was no end.

At first it was okay. We managed to plant more berry bushes despite the laziness of the newer generation. They seemed to think that popping out babies meant that they could stand by the fire and eat and do nothing else.

The tipping point was when babies started dying of starvation. There were just too many mouths to feed and too little people willing to work.

Bones were scattered everywhere. Food was running out. Babies kept being born. Red headed babies. Always a girl.

Amina and I told everyone, only keep one child. Your first born. We can’t feed anymore. But no one listened.

The berry bushes were depleted and wilted, our only source of food were eggs but that too was running out.

So Amelia took matters into her own hands, she killed all who disobeyed.

She warned them, of course, but those who went against the 1 child policy had to die. There was no other way.

[It soon became a griefers dream...seriously so many babies popping out left and right and always a red headed girl. Girl after girl after girl. People kept feeding babies and they grew up and had more babies. They were told to stop, but kept feeding abandoned kids too. I think the new genetic modification update needs to be tweaked. We were doomed from the start.]

The town was on the brink of destruction.

Thanks to Amina the town made a great recovery, and people could have and keep babies again.

But the curse continued.

Triplets were born into the village.

As soon as they could speak they only spoke of death. I had to get my hands dirty. I made 2 knives and gave one to Amina. It was the only way. We had to protect the village. I killed my own niece.

In the end the village was deserted as the tale of the ginger-curse spread.

Several younger survivors were able to make it out of the village, but by that point Amina and I were too old to go with them.

We lived out our days together, tending the sheep farm and revitalizing the farm in the hopes that one day the survivors would find their way back.

We were content, just the two of us, when along comes a child abandoned by their mother in the chaos of the cursed exodus.

We later found out that her mother had actually starved to death as she was trying to flee the village.

We gave little Firdaws everything we had. The last thing I heard was Amina telling me, “We did good, cousin”.

And we did.

The future was in the hands of Firdaws, the village had everything needed to start anew. Abundant food sources, wells, duck ponds, and sheep.

But the curse continued, and the Pharo line was ended.

Last edited by NoraRose86 (2018-09-21 06:28:56)

#3 2018-09-21 07:14:13

Baker

Re: Sad story of a Pharo

NoraRose86 wrote:

My name was Lisa. My cousin was Amina. You were the last baby girl of our cursed village.

At first, our small village was thriving. We were surrounded by so many resources and duck ponds as far as the eye could see.

But what we didn’t know, was that we were cursed.

You see, only red-headed babies were born into this village. All girls. Never a boy. On and on it went, girl after girl after girl being born. There was no end.

At first it was okay. We managed to plant more berry bushes despite the laziness of the newer generation. They seemed to think that popping out babies meant that they could stand by the fire and eat and do nothing else.

The tipping point was when babies started dying of starvation. There were just too many mouths to feed and too little people willing to work.

Bones were scattered everywhere. Food was running out. Babies kept being born. Red headed babies. Always a girl.

Amina and I told everyone, only keep one child. Your first born. We can’t feed anymore. But no one listened.

The berry bushes were depleted and wilted, our only source of food were eggs but that too was running out.

So Amelia took matters into her own hands, she killed all who disobeyed.

She warned them, of course, but those who went against the 1 child policy had to die. There was no other way.

[It soon became a griefers dream...seriously so many babies popping out left and right and always a red headed girl. Girl after girl after girl. People kept feeding babies and they grew up and had more babies. They were told to stop, but kept feeding abandoned kids too. I think the new genetic modification update needs to be tweaked. We were doomed from the start.]

The town was on the brink of destruction.

Thanks to Amina the town made a great recovery, and people could have and keep babies again.

But the curse continued.

Triplets were born into the village.

As soon as they could speak they only spoke of death. I had to get my hands dirty. I made 2 knives and gave one to Amina. It was the only way. We had to protect the village. I killed my own niece.

In the end the village was deserted as the tale of the ginger-curse spread.

Several younger survivors were able to make it out of the village, but by that point Amina and I were too old to go with them.

We lived out our days together, tending the sheep farm and revitalizing the farm in the hopes that one day the survivors would find their way back.

We were content, just the two of us, when along comes a child abandoned by their mother in the chaos of the cursed exodus.

We later found out that her mother had actually starved to death as she was trying to flee the village.

We gave little Firdaws everything we had. The last thing I heard was Amina telling me, “We did good, cousin”.

And we did.

The future was in the hands of Firdaws, the village had everything needed to start anew. Abundant food sources, wells, duck ponds, and sheep.

But the curse continued, and the Pharo line was ended.

Hey cousin, I was Amina. We just had to pull a Thanos for the town to recover. It's a shame that they died to a bear despite our efforts. I'm sure the town would've lived if it wern't for the bear.

http://lineage.onehouronelife.com/serve … id=1120929

Last edited by Baker (2018-09-21 07:15:42)

"I came in shitting myself and I'll go out shitting myself"

Board footer