One Hour One Life Forums

a multiplayer game of parenting and civilization building

You are not logged in.

#1 2018-09-16 17:32:57

SirCaio

Dog-Related Itens and Mechanics

Some dog-related itens and mechanics I consider a must for them to become useful, balanced and interesting:

-Leashes and collars: as soon as a dog has been given a collar you can use a leash to walk around with it or tie it to an object (similar to horses)
-Naming system (similar to naming babies)
-Puppies must be fed at least once (milk, meat, kibble...) to grow into adults
-Following system: the dog will follow the person who fed it when it was a puppy
-Limited lifetime: dogs will live up to 40 min before dieing of old age
-Unique traits and abilities: every dog type should have an unique ability

That's all I could come up with for now
Feel free to add upon this ideas as you see fit wink

#2 2018-09-17 10:13:43

Erudaru

Re: Dog-Related Itens and Mechanics

I must confess. I made a request on Reddit. About... Dogs. *shiver*

It wasn't my idea, but I helped drawing Jason's attention to it. Though, I thought they will be hard to get, rare, like horses. I thought that towns will barely manage to have one or two dogs. I thought that the dogs will have a purpose, that they will be helpful. I never asked for a Dogocalypse.

Instead we got this mess with moving pieces of trash ruining every other town.

I agree with you and would like to urge everyone to upvote this new suggestion someone made on Reddit: https://www.reddit.com/r/OneLifeSuggest … _training/

I hope Jason fixes it soon so I can start playing again.

#3 2018-09-17 15:46:38

Falsewall

Wolfs to dogs.
Pigs from boars, ah.
That is novel!

#4 2018-09-17 16:09:52

boggers

This won't be popular with everyone crying about the poor pitbull's reputation, but it'd be pretty great once there are limits to the number of dogs you can make, if pitbulls stayed around where you fed them and guarded the area, in that they are aggressive to everyone but the person who fed them as a pup.

Other people could still feed them again of course, making more pups, so there would be shenanigans of feeding a pitbull then replacing the mother with the new pup so the original owner gets a hilarious surprise!

Board footer