You are not logged in.

#1 2018-09-15 18:24:20

helloworld

Is the curse system different now?

Before it was simply:
Curse point decay at 1 hour per curse points. And maximum curse point was at 10
10 curse = black speech bubble.

You can curse every 2 hour.

My question is did jason change the system? i heard him talking about (total life time curse point/20)^2 == 1 curse point decay.

Did he change the maximum curse point?
ex. Max 10 to unlimited

Cause if it is, i dislike jason’s approach to the curse system.

He Already implement donkey town (exile)
And i think there should be max curse point as before, just a bit higher like 15 max

That way u have to live in donkey town at max 5 hours of real life time (which is a lot) but can still come back to civ. (Redemption)

Cursing is not always about griefers so the curse system has to be build on soild numbers.
Overall i like the new donkey town (exile) implemention. Think it makes griefing and curse whore less robust.

Also a way to check ur total curse point in menu maybe? Ive been curse two times i know of (like a month ago). But who know when or how i get cursed so i like to know whats happening since curse system is becoming more enforced and powerful.

I also dont get curse too often due to only playing in small eve camps. I can only imagine the nightmare that is big civ with bunch of roleplaying children.

Last edited by helloworld (2018-09-15 18:28:05)

#2 2018-09-15 18:27:56

Jk Howling

Re: Is the curse system different now?

I'm fairly sure he considered it but hasn't implemented it.

He did lower the curse cap from 10 to 8 though. I don't know what happens to those who already gathered 10 curses prior. They might have to live out 3 hours to get out of donkey town instead of one.

Tbh it would've made a little more sense to me to lower the black-text/devil mark to 8, and then add a second tier punishment [donkey town] at 12. You get the best of both worlds that way- drama and panic at having a cursed child born to your town, and the worse griefers get exiled.

-Has ascended to better games-

#3 2018-09-15 18:39:49

Redram

Jk Howling wrote:

He did lower the curse cap from 10 to 8 though. I don't know what happens to those who already gathered 10 curses prior. They might have to live out 3 hours to get out of donkey town instead of one.

I think what he did was make Donkey-town exile happen at 8 curses, but the cap is either still 10, or was removed.   It should definitely be removed.  These and the increased visibility were good ideas. 

However, he may have created a problem if he implemented the permanent curse tracking.  Because that will turn cursing itself into a form of griefing, that will catch possibly innocent players, but almost certainly those who are firm and ready with the knife to kill sponges and such, but are not really griefing, not in the true sense.  I really hope he didn't implement permanent curse tracking yet because he for sure needs to remove note cursing first.  That would make it super-easy for griefers to run up innocent players' permanent curse score.

#4 2018-09-15 18:55:10

helloworld

Thanks for the info. Also there should always be max curse point. With my new found understanding. I will say im in favor of 1-3 hour max donkey town! Heh i dont want all the griefer to disappear, cause then i wont have anyone to kill in big civ.

#5 2018-09-15 19:02:43

AmyJ

Jk Howling wrote:

Tbh it would've made a little more sense to me to lower the black-text/devil mark to 8, and then add a second tier punishment [donkey town] at 12. You get the best of both worlds that way- drama and panic at having a cursed child born to your town, and the worse griefers get exiled.

+1

Griefers made things exciting

#6 2018-09-15 19:03:07

Superfun2
Banned

1+ Game is too stale without grievers

I name my self Amyx after my hot 8th grade science teacher  and my baby names are after hot girls in my school. big_smile

#7 2018-09-15 19:19:41

boggers

Superfun2 wrote:

How could you possibly know that when you've been living in Donkey town?

#8 2018-09-15 19:55:20

Tarr
Banned

Superfun2 wrote:

We still have griefers in game though or at least in the version we play in. I'm sure in donkey town you guys are all good boys who dindu nuffin.

fug it’s Tarr.

#9 2018-09-15 23:10:51

UnnoticedShadow

The curse system is good, but the permanent curse count should be changed, as even the nicest player gets cursed occasionally, and those curses will stack, eventually to infinity.  This means that when said person does do something bad, or even gets framed by a note or something, they will be cursed for a RIDICULOUS amount of time.

#10 2018-09-15 23:36:56

Broken_Milk

Jk Howling wrote:

This this this!! I'm not a griefer but they were fun ;-; Having the drama AND the soft ban would be good!

#11 2018-09-15 23:45:19

Turnipseed

Ive had fun without people bringing bears, scarfing carrots, and stabbing girls... though i was griefed a lil its happened alot less often

Be kind, generous, and work together my potatoes.

#12 2018-09-16 11:36:34

boggers

Only dispute I've seen since the patch was over dogs. Someone was breeding in a town with too many dogs already, someone killed them, then they got killed. Both players got a couple of curses, someone wrote a cursed note which still works.

#13 2018-09-16 12:38:24

MultiLife

boggers wrote:

Only dispute I've seen since the patch was over dogs. Someone was breeding in a town with too many dogs already, someone killed them, then they got killed. Both players got a couple of curses, someone wrote a cursed note which still works.

Do you remember who's name is on the cursed note? I may have been in that town when the killings took place.

Notable lives (Male): Happy, Erwin Callister, Knight Peace, Roman Rodocker, Bon Doolittle, Terry Plant, Danger Winter, Crayton Ide, Tim Quint, Jebediah (Tarr), Awesome (Elliff), Rocky, Tim West
Notable lives (Female): Elisa Mango, Aaban Qin, Whitaker August, Lucrecia August, Poppy Worth, Kitana Spoon, Linda II, Eagan Hawk III, Darcy North, Rosealie (Quint), Jess Lucky, Lilith (Unkle)

#14 2018-09-16 13:01:15

boggers

Yeah it was just "Curse Tommy" IIRC.

I saw it quite a bit after the dispute, read it by accident. Not sure which of the two (if either) the note was directed at.

Board footer