One Hour One Life Forums

a multiplayer game of parenting and civilization building

You are not logged in.

#76 2018-03-12 16:30:35

VintageXP

Re: Chill out server

I just can't understand why someone spends $20 dollars on a game to ruin other people's fun. If that's their ideia of fun, then they might need some counseling.

#77 2018-03-12 17:17:47

33Spectre

VintageXP wrote:

I just can't understand why someone spends $20 dollars on a game to ruin other people's fun. If that's their ideia of fun, then they might need some counseling.

Must be some form of inferiority complex. Like being irritated by people working together and not failing.
Maybe cooperation seems boring and weak to them and they want to be the apex predator for some sociopathic pleasure...

I might just be seeing too much in it and it might be some FPS brickhead that's dissapointed at the lack of shooty-bits and some ego patting leaderboard. This game is almost clean of such toxic competition, you know...

#78 2018-03-12 20:44:02

Antichthon

A warning to those who surround their property with adobe: Put in a door before you finish, or else you leave yourself particularly open to griefing. All someone has to do is put in a partial adobe wall at the opening and the entire area is lost. Even better, don't use adobe, use fences.

this is especially true now that you can't kill griefers.

Last edited by Antichthon (2018-03-12 20:45:22)

#79 2018-03-12 21:14:49

Left4twenty

Antichthon wrote:

A warning to those who surround their property with adobe: Put in a door before you finish, or else you leave yourself particularly open to griefing. All someone has to do is put in a partial adobe wall at the opening and the entire area is lost. Even better, don't use adobe, use fences.

this is especially true now that you can't kill griefers.

They can just make a wall in front of your door I think, but it's good thinking, placing enough fences outward that it becomes more hassle than worth might be better.  You can take your fencing apart to my knowledge

Be strong.
Mother loves you.

#80 2018-03-12 22:04:52

HellOo

How do I join? I edited the settings by deleting the localhost in the custom server address file and put a 1 for the use custom server file too. But when I logged on , I couldn't be born, plus it was laggy.

#81 2018-03-12 22:18:00

Hydromancerx

Crazy rise and fall of civilization on this server. Some have tried population control. But it seems like it is a hard battle to maintain.

#82 2018-03-12 22:46:14

AVTCamel

Unfortunately, this server is not for people who want to learn the basics of the game in a safe environment.

I logged on knowing only a few things about the game: farm carrots, eat food, and feed your children.  I was hoping to learn how to make fires, dye clothes, bake pies, that kind of thing.  At first, I was amazed at the buildings, plentiful food, and advanced technology the city had to offer.  I didn't do too much but tour around and eat as little food as possible.  I learned how dyes worked, and helped to gather some dyes on my own.  I realized I should be doing something more productive, so I tried to bring the babies running around the place to the fire and feed them.  A woman came over, called me a fucking idiot, and told me not to care for the babies.  Thinking she had already claimed that job, I walked away with a "Sounds good to me.  Gl, babies."  Came back when I had a kid myself, and... nope.  No feeding.  The only principle I knew - feed your children - wasn't... a thing?  I fed my kid, and the woman swore at me again and left.  Two other people asked if I was a troll, called me an idiot again, and THEN they explained why I can't feed my kids.  Population control.  Got it.  That's all I needed to hear.

I understand that part of the problem was that I didn't have Discord, so that's another thing.  Have Discord.

I decided I clearly wasn't worthy to be here, so threw my clothes in the clothes building (furs and a red hat I dyed myself) and went off to commit suicide.  How's that for population control?  lol

So yeah, don't play this server if you're just a casual newb like me.  It's much more suited to more organized people who know what they're doing.  I appreciate that it exists, but... I'm gonna go play Overwatch.  Less toxicity. hmm

Last edited by AVTCamel (2018-03-12 22:47:34)

#83 2018-03-12 23:29:34

Left4twenty

AVTCamel wrote:

Unfortunately, this server is not for people who want to learn the basics of the game in a safe environment.

hmm

Not really true, there's still reduced hunger(I think?) try heading to Northtown or westtown and develop them further if the population is too high in the city.

Be strong.
Mother loves you.

#84 2018-03-13 00:36:21

Norgg

And so it came to be
That the internet had its way
The trolls danced their dance
And the bears came out to play

#85 2018-03-13 01:29:30

Phate

Norgg decided to combat the trolls,

All players now have the right to Bear Arms.

#86 2018-03-13 01:58:23

Baker

Right now i'm the only human in an all bear town. Am I the only human on the server?

Edit: I was eaten by an actual bear that wandered into town. I thought that he was one of us but I was mistaken. Thanks Phate for being my Bear mother.

Last edited by Baker (2018-03-13 02:11:57)

"I came in shitting myself and I'll go out shitting myself"

#87 2018-03-13 02:11:50

Karlore

What is the discord for this server?

#88 2018-03-13 02:17:19

specialbreh

I played a little as soon as I found out about this server.
I was crowned as a King at birth in the major settlement, but didn't last long thanks to my noobishness.

Made a yt about it while I played again the next day but game crashed a couple times doing so.
Fixed that and then was glad to serve as a water fetcher in the same place. Lasted to old age and was happy enough with the experience.
(I haven't played too much of the game itself because I know I can't do a whole lot no matter how much I try to absorb from reading/watching others - and I don't want to be a burden, regardless of the server).

Tried again tonight on my first proper twitch stream. Had a great time even though I didn't see a major settlement until the end - nearly three hours in. Didn't get quite that same loving caring thing I had previously but still got a lot out of it.
As I say, I didn't see anything major until I was old in my last life - my child Bear showed me to a large town. But devoid of people.
It's all changed very much. In the space of a couple of days.
Oh well. I lived until old age, streaming with some good folk and giving birth to bears...
At least on my screen. Here's proof:

https://clips.twitch.tv/HonorableReliab … otLikeThis

Is that a bug just on this server? It was weird but I got used to it. Raised a few bear kids, and as I say, one came back to fetch me in old age. They were all named 'Bear'.
Love all you all Bears!

#89 2018-03-13 02:23:05

Left4twenty

specialbreh wrote:

'Bear'.
Love all you all Bears!

... mama? yikes

Be strong.
Mother loves you.

#90 2018-03-13 02:45:01

parker

wait so can i get a rundown on why were all bears?

Did you know 8/10 babies commit suicide when most needed? Dial 1-800-420-BEBE to find out more today.

#91 2018-03-13 03:50:04

Phate

specialbreh wrote:

I played a little as soon as I found out about this server.
I was crowned as a King at birth in the major settlement, but didn't last long thanks to my noobishness.

Made a yt about it while I played again the next day but game crashed a couple times doing so.
Fixed that and then was glad to serve as a water fetcher in the same place. Lasted to old age and was happy enough with the experience.
(I haven't played too much of the game itself because I know I can't do a whole lot no matter how much I try to absorb from reading/watching others - and I don't want to be a burden, regardless of the server).

Tried again tonight on my first proper twitch stream. Had a great time even though I didn't see a major settlement until the end - nearly three hours in. Didn't get quite that same loving caring thing I had previously but still got a lot out of it.
As I say, I didn't see anything major until I was old in my last life - my child Bear showed me to a large town. But devoid of people.
It's all changed very much. In the space of a couple of days.
Oh well. I lived until old age, streaming with some good folk and giving birth to bears...
At least on my screen. Here's proof:

https://clips.twitch.tv/HonorableReliab … otLikeThis

Is that a bug just on this server? It was weird but I got used to it. Raised a few bear kids, and as I say, one came back to fetch me in old age. They were all named 'Bear'.
Love all you all Bears!

Hey, I'm from that town north of where you were living.  Was watching part of your stream when you came up there.
My other friend dropped you off that water pouch as a good will gesture.
Thanks for cleaning up the remnants of our bodies smile

#92 2018-03-13 03:51:25

Phate

Baker wrote:

Right now i'm the only human in an all bear town. Am I the only human on the server?

Edit: I was eaten by an actual bear that wandered into town. I thought that he was one of us but I was mistaken. Thanks Phate for being my Bear mother.

You bet smile That bear ate me later too sad

But yeah you were special, the human among the bears.

Its weird to think the human being born was the oddity.

Last edited by Phate (2018-03-13 04:24:01)

#93 2018-03-13 05:55:26

Karlore

is the server all bears still?

#94 2018-03-13 07:09:38

Laddy

Karlore wrote:

is the server all bears still?

Yep, and how fucking dumb.
reasons:
-can't use clothes
-can't use backpack
-is that a bear or a human?
-is that a boy or a girl?
-is that a kid?
-is that person old?
-clicking behind people is now even harder

#95 2018-03-13 07:37:26

Baker

It was pretty hilarious but it's probably about time to stop with the bears.

#96 2018-03-13 08:34:54

Hans Lemurson

Baker wrote:

It was pretty hilarious but it's probably about time to stop with the bears.

Is it becoming...un-bearable?
Bearly playable?
Not bearing out as you had hoped?
People losing their bearings?
Is the whole thing just becoming embearassing?

#97 2018-03-13 09:57:24

Baker

It's getting better, human babies have begun to be born. I and the other last bears started work on a settlement. We then started to have human babies. Now as an old bear the town is mostly humans. So hopefully the humans can take back the server.

PS I can tell you put the bear minimum amount of effort into these puns.

Last edited by Baker (2018-03-13 10:32:35)

#98 2018-03-13 15:03:43

lesslucid

Just tried this server for the first time... great fun! Abundance of cltohes and food everywhere meant that the struggle to survive was no longer really a struggle... which I meant I could focus on learning new things, and teaching what I'd learned to others! Great stuff...

#99 2018-03-13 15:38:30

Tanelorn

HellOo wrote:

How do I join? I edited the settings by deleting the localhost in the custom server address file and put a 1 for the use custom server file too. But when I logged on , I couldn't be born, plus it was laggy.

You have to delete 'LocalHost' (or something like that) in the file where you paste the URL.

#100 2018-03-14 00:30:42

Left4twenty

Does anyone know if the main city been lost, last few runs I haven't been able to find it

Be strong.
Mother loves you.

Board footer