One Hour One Life Forums

a multiplayer game of parenting and civilization building

You are not logged in.

#26 2018-09-13 17:33:48

Aurora Aurora

Re: Forums as of now are a MESS. Proposal for more categories.

Turnipseed wrote:
Aurora Aurora wrote:
SomeRandomPerson wrote:

You mean Boriom and Uncle Fus

I just don’t like being told what to post what, and I really like my garbage forum the way it is

Wow... horrible reasons...

I LIKE MY GARBAGE

One of the original veterans.
Go-to person for anything roleplay related.
4 years in the community.
Unbanned from the discord.

#27 2018-09-14 05:09:04

Jk Howling

+1

I do have my doubts on how it'd work though. The moderators would have to start enforcing posts being on-topic and be able to move threads to appropriate categories if misplaced. Some sort of warning system for repeat incidents might also have to be put in place since, as the game grows, the griefers so prevalent in-game will likely reach the forums at some point.

Lack of that, it'd probably be a benefit.

I could envision something like:

• Creative Commons - Includes stories, fanart, anything involving roleplay, possibly mods

• Help & Guides - Would contain guides and be the place to ask questions if you need help with something.

• Suggestions & Ideas - Anything involving new or changed features in the game or forums. I never did understand why these were on Reddit when the official forums exist.. Mods could go here as well, perhaps.

• General Discussions - Miscellaneous threads involving anything else.

Something along these lines are what I'd imagine it like.

Edit: Slight fix to the image and a phrase rewording.

Last edited by Jk Howling (2018-09-14 05:15:59)

-Has ascended to better games-

#28 2018-09-14 05:09:40

Turnipseed

Your entitled to garbage i think people are just saying tbey want to have a choice whether or not they see it, and want to be able to filter to the topics they are looking for.

Be kind, generous, and work together my potatoes.

#29 2018-09-14 07:08:08

Joriom
Website

Jk Howling wrote:

The moderators would have to start enforcing posts being on-topic and be able to move threads to appropriate categories if misplaced.

Moderators already have more than enough options to manage forums, just no forum structure to work on.

Most topics would not need moderation - people who want their stuff to be found would still post in the correct category, trust me. And even moving topic somewhere by moderator - thats just single button.

And even in the worse case scenario - it does not work, people still use only one board to post everywhing and additional ones are not used... We get more flexibility while loosing nothing, right?

#30 2018-09-14 11:28:42

Sharlank

Jk Howling wrote:
  • Creative Commons - Includes stories, fanart, anything involving roleplay, possibly mods

• Help & Guides - Would contain guides and be the place to ask questions if you need help with something.

• Suggestions & Ideas - Anything involving new or changed features in the game or forums. I never did understand why these were on Reddit when the official forums exist.. Mods could go here as well, perhaps.

I like these categories more than the ones in the original post, I added them in the original post as another possibility smile

#31 2018-09-14 11:48:25

PeaGirl

Clock Tower = Main Forum
Old Wisdom = Guide Forum
Random Ramblings = User Stories
Delusions = Suggestions
Coal Pen = Fan Art
Trash Pile/Litter Box/GrudgeHour = Griefing/Ranting forum (drooling for anticipation to see ppl getting bloody)

I mean, come on it's not typical flowers and bunnies online game. It's wild west, baby! I think having forum sections for all kinds of players would be fitting. The game, after all is sometimes pretty heating, so giving people a chance to unleash some steam for example on Litter Box would help one either find their rival or just make themselves feel little better.

Last edited by PeaGirl (2018-09-14 11:49:12)

If you ever enter Pea (Helkama turns into random name) family, you need the lottery ticket picked up. My baby names given can be absolutely random.
"Are you fueled with peasoup or why you keep running off from temperature tile?"

#32 2018-09-14 16:38:53

Keks

Perhaps the best way to contact jason with this idea is by Email and not forum post. I think he doesn't check the forum as often as he does his Email :b

#33 2018-09-14 16:46:03

Sharlank

Keks wrote:

Perhaps the best way to contact jason with this idea is by Email and not forum post. I think he doesn't check the forum as often as he does his Email :b

Ye I tried to send a DM on Discord, I'll try to contact him by email in a couple of days if he still doesn't see this.

#34 2018-09-14 17:30:10

Stylingirl

+1

#35 2018-09-14 19:37:12

Jk Howling

Joriom wrote:

Moderators already have more than enough options to manage forums, just no forum structure to work on.

Most topics would not need moderation - people who want their stuff to be found would still post in the correct category, trust me. And even moving topic somewhere by moderator - thats just single button.

And even in the worse case scenario - it does not work, people still use only one board to post everywhing and additional ones are not used... We get more flexibility while loosing nothing, right?

That's fair, I suppose thinking about it there's really not a whole lot that truly needs moderation atm. Aside from the occasional argument between two 12-year-olds hurling insults at each other, not much goes on here.

Honestly I wasn't sure if mods even had the ability to move posts around on this forum. Assuming they do [and if they don't, can be given the ability] then there's really no big down side. I assume most cases of wrong-topic posts would be new people or those who are unsure where to put it in the first place.

I guess there is no big downside, unless you count upsetting Aurora.

Sharlank wrote:
Jk Howling wrote:

I like these categories more than the ones in the original post, I added them in the original post as another possibility smile

Glad you like them ^ ^ I was trying to go along the lines of "slightly broader but still sorted" categories. Smaller, stricter categories aren't bad but would leave things a lot more spread out, with a bunch of stuff left out in the general discussions.

There's also a link of how some I think some of the recent threads would be sorted with this system: https://i.imgur.com/SgA0hoa.png

Last edited by Jk Howling (2018-09-14 19:39:45)

-Has ascended to better games-

Board footer