One Hour One Life Forums

a multiplayer game of parenting and civilization building

You are not logged in.

#1 2018-09-10 21:13:23

marsrider
Website

Last name bug

I just came across this strange naming bug - how come a Rainbow family member named the baby China Still? Is it indented - like if you give your child first and last name, the line would continue with a new last name? That would defeat the whole purpose of the lineage. Any comments guys?

https://s15.postimg.cc/456b9qlu3/Screen … e_Life.png

What's the most cruel sight you can see on OHOL? A bloody baby torn apart by a grizzly bear.

I'm Eve Planet, my children are usually called by planet names (Mars, Venus, Saturn etc), also Sun, Moon. Jedi, Joda and Skywalker are usually in the mix as well.

#2 2018-09-10 21:16:58

Jk Howling

Re: Last name bug

I doubt it's a bug. Chances are more likely that a new eve spawned in the town and named their child before the parent could, or perhaps the mom died/abandoned the baby and a new eve/descendant of said eve raised it instead.

Anyone can name a baby and pass down their last name to it, so long as the baby stays in their arms long enough to receive the name. If Eve Still picked up an unnamed baby and named it China, it would be China Still, but would remain on the Rainbow family tree.

This is why I'd like a little added section to the family tree. A tag similar to being murdered, but instead of "Killed by x" it'd just say "Adopted by x" with a link to the other family tree. Seems way less confusing and would permanently link their family trees together. You'd be able to see more of the story.

Last edited by Jk Howling (2018-09-10 21:17:58)

-Has ascended to better games-

#3 2018-09-11 05:11:21

boggers

It'd be nice if you could set your own surname if you are old enough to have children and are still unnamed. Though more people might try to avoid being named if that were the case...

#4 2018-09-11 08:28:10

marsrider
Website

Awesome, thanks for clarification guys, it make sense!

What's the most cruel sight you can see on OHOL? A bloody baby torn apart by a grizzly bear.

I'm Eve Planet, my children are usually called by planet names (Mars, Venus, Saturn etc), also Sun, Moon. Jedi, Joda and Skywalker are usually in the mix as well.

Board footer