One Hour One Life Forums

a multiplayer game of parenting and civilization building

You are not logged in.

#1 2018-09-10 18:49:50

marsrider
Website

Jason, there is a bug in cursing

So I spent half of my life preparing and chasing one cursed child/young adult. We've been trying to get each other for a long time, but there were little weapons around. At some point we met among many other people and I start convincing that we don't need any griefers in town - there is a reason he got a bunch of curses before. He obviously didn't liek my speech, so he cursed me and it worked just fine - sound plus some color in his curse speech bubble. Then obviously I had to curse him back - and I didn't use my curse token for a long time, many hours of gameplay. It just didnt work. "Curse Dennis Dawn" did nothing. Other people start doing the same around me, multiple times, none worked, we all were pretty disappointed.

Here is a link to this guy: http://lineage.onehouronelife.com/serve … id=1045497

I search family trees and I saw there was another Dennis Dawn who died 2 days ago. Can this be a cause?

Sorry that I don't have any more debug data, hope this helps and you'll find a bug.

Oh and I finally got the griefer in the end, he killed two people before I got him, but it wasn't critical to the town, they happily lived for another 5-6 generations. Funny thing was, that when I driven my knife into his guts and he went to hell, another cursed baby popped right where we all were standing. It was so obvious it was the same guy and I couldn't be more happy to kill that asshole twice. Everybody cheered and were super relieved that we got rid of him with minimal casualties.

What's the most cruel sight you can see on OHOL? A bloody baby torn apart by a grizzly bear.

I'm Eve Planet, my children are usually called by planet names (Mars, Venus, Saturn etc), also Sun, Moon. Jedi, Joda and Skywalker are usually in the mix as well.

#2 2018-09-10 19:25:16

Trick

Re: Jason, there is a bug in cursing

marsrider wrote:

So I spent half of my life preparing and chasing one cursed child/young adult. We've been trying to get each other for a long time, but there were little weapons around. At some point we met among many other people and I start convincing that we don't need any griefers in town - there is a reason he got a bunch of curses before. He obviously didn't liek my speech, so he cursed me and it worked just fine - sound plus some color in his curse speech bubble. Then obviously I had to curse him back - and I didn't use my curse token for a long time, many hours of gameplay. It just didnt work. "Curse Dennis Dawn" did nothing. Other people start doing the same around me, multiple times, none worked, we all were pretty disappointed.

Here is a link to this guy: http://lineage.onehouronelife.com/serve … id=1045497

I search family trees and I saw there was another Dennis Dawn who died 2 days ago. Can this be a cause?

Sorry that I don't have any more debug data, hope this helps and you'll find a bug.

Oh and I finally got the griefer in the end, he killed two people before I got him, but it wasn't critical to the town, they happily lived for another 5-6 generations. Funny thing was, that when I driven my knife into his guts and he went to hell, another cursed baby popped right where we all were standing. It was so obvious it was the same guy and I couldn't be more happy to kill that asshole twice. Everybody cheered and were super relieved that we got rid of him with minimal casualties.

I don't know if this is intended, but you cannot seem to curse a player who is already cursed.  I thought the whole point was that the curses would multiply if they continued to get them.

But what difference does it make, anyway?  The entire cursing system simply doesn't work.  The cursed person gets born to towns, as usual, and there are some idiots who revere/protect them.  It turns into a badge of honour rather than a punishment.  Not a big incentive to not get cursed, really.

#3 2018-09-10 19:58:20

Tarr
Banned

Basically he made it so cursed people cannot be further cursed so they can be "redeemable." Basically once they hit black bubble they cannot be cursed until their curse count goes back down to nine. The cursed system is way too weak for what it's supposed to do.

Groups of griefers in twins/trips/quadruplets make curse tokens meaningless because who do you curse? As I've suggested in the past cursing one of the group should give everyone in the group a point. You are purposely picking to play with these people so you should be responsible for whatever cruddy thing they're doing.

Curse points should be additive for groups that play together. This allows a mother to decide whether the twins+ are worth the risk of raising in the first place.

Actually implement BHS (Broken heart syndrome). This feature Jason was originally debating on adding in the first place. If one twin/trip/quad was murdered a minute later the other(s) would all die. I'm not sure how many people have ever been in the 1v2 knife fight situation but I really promise it's not fun dealing with two griefers at the same time.

fug it’s Tarr.

#4 2018-09-10 21:10:24

marsrider
Website

I agree 100% with both of you, curse system is very flawed. The only thing that helps a bit is just knowing who is a griefer. If we educate people, they will leave more and more of those to starve or kill them. Jason, you gotta do something about it. Just tweaking the parameters of the existing system would make a huge difference.

What's the most cruel sight you can see on OHOL? A bloody baby torn apart by a grizzly bear.

I'm Eve Planet, my children are usually called by planet names (Mars, Venus, Saturn etc), also Sun, Moon. Jedi, Joda and Skywalker are usually in the mix as well.

Board footer