One Hour One Life Forums

a multiplayer game of parenting and civilization building

You are not logged in.

#1 2018-09-09 09:20:52

Keks

Canis lupus - Wolf Pet Idea

I think a lot of people have already thought that taming a wolf will eventually become a feature within OHOL.

I figured I draw my ideas out here and share them with you. I'd love to hear your thoughts and ideas as well !

__________________________________________________________________________________________

1. Location

According to the International Wolf Center , Wolf pups don't follow their mother around and don't leave their den until they are 8-16 weeks old. ( https://www.wolf.org/wolf-info/basic-wo … velopment/ )

So I figured you don't have to use the old "Shoot-the-mom-take-the-kid" method. Instead you can find Wolf-Dens around the Bad lands.

Den.png
Currently it is empty.

den_2.png
Seeing two eyes glow in the darkness indicate a puppy inside the den  ( and mother probably not too far away )
___________________________________________________________________________________________
1.2 Taming

By interacting with the den with a rope, you scoop out a puppy.
caught.png

dog2.png
That puppy grows into a tamed wolf that can be feed with mutton and shows no aggression towards human as long as it is kept fed. Eventually the wolf will get puppies of their own.

baby.png
I figured I give the tamed wolf a collar ,so people don't mistake it for a wild wolf. ( Though I must admit that the collar is barely visible lol )

dog1.png
It is going to remain at his mother side until his diet changes from milk to meat. Or perhaps you need milk to tame it - making the wolf a much late-game Pet.

dog3.png

Making a Collar will enable naming the pet and binding it to your human ( not quite physically though ,it just follows you around )

_________________________________________________________________________________________

2. Purpose

I figured the purpose of a tamed wolf would perhaps be keeping danger away from the village by "Shooing" away bears. A lot of kids that suicide or adults/teens that don't want to continue their lives often run off and sometimes stumble upon bear caves. For whatever reason, they decide to lead the bear into the city. A wolf would prevent this by not letting the bear roam around the village but rather shooe it away, causing the bear to retreat into the cave.

I tried to search if a wolf would be able to kill a hog ,but apperently it would require more than one and the boar needs to be weak,so I figure they can only chase them away from the village.

I'm not quite sure how the wolf route would end up and how he'd know where to be ,but perhaps the dog could be bound to some person - as in, the wolf follows his owner around.

attacking_dog.png
Attacking dog.

• Chasing away bears
• Killing Rattlesnakes
• Chasing away Boars.
• Perhaps Hunt ?

#2 2018-09-09 09:59:29

boggers

Re: Canis lupus - Wolf Pet Idea

Not bad, but easier to get than even a sheep. Maybe wolf pup yelps when collared which agros adult wolves within a certain radius, so you have to clear the area of wolves first, or have backup with a bow ready.

Another possible use for tamed dogs: Feed it some meat and that spot becomes "home" it will then roam around and chase any loose livestock it sees towards home.

Rather than killing or chasing away wild animals they should bark at them to alert people. They could also follow and bark at murderers if they witness someone in murder cooldown...

#3 2018-09-09 14:39:56

Anshin

+1 for wolf-dogs

Those pictures are so bleeping adorable!
They fit the style too! Love them smile

#4 2018-09-09 16:58:58

karltown_veteran

Nice drawings, wow! I'm all for this!

.-.. .. ..-. . / .. ... / ... - .-. .- -. --. . .-.-.- / ... --- / .- -- / .. .-.-.-
ˆ ø˜ç´ ƒ®åµ´∂ å˜ ˆ˜˜øç∑˜† å˜∂ ©ø† å∑å¥ ∑ˆ†˙ ˆ†
he xnt bzm qdzc sghr, xnt zqd z enqlhczakd noonmdms
veteran of an OHOL town called Karltown. Not really a veteran and my names not Karl

#5 2018-09-09 18:21:53

Keks

boggers wrote:

Not bad, but easier to get than even a sheep. Maybe wolf pup yelps when collared which agros adult wolves within a certain radius, so you have to clear the area of wolves first, or have backup with a bow ready.

Another possible use for tamed dogs: Feed it some meat and that spot becomes "home" it will then roam around and chase any loose livestock it sees towards home.

Rather than killing or chasing away wild animals they should bark at them to alert people. They could also follow and bark at murderers if they witness someone in murder cooldown...

Yeah, I think the dog should be a mid-game Pet. A village close to badlands and bear caves would love these big_smile

A murder alert would be useful as well. No more sneak killing hunters lol

Anshin wrote:

+1 for wolf-dogs

Those pictures are so bleeping adorable!
They fit the style too! Love them smile

Aw, thank you big_smile I hope to draw a few more ideas c:

karltown_veteran wrote:

Nice drawings, wow! I'm all for this!

Thank you ! I hope jason sees them big_smile

Board footer