One Hour One Life Forums

a multiplayer game of parenting and civilization building

You are not logged in.

#1 2018-09-08 03:17:24

SomeRandomPerson

How much Modern Stuff is planned.

I'm curious to what higher tech stuff is coming to the game. I know obviously cars and atomic powered robots.
What's the next step up from Steel tools or farming?

Last edited by SomeRandomPerson (2018-09-08 03:23:33)

#2 2018-09-08 03:30:22

Outrundiamond

Re: How much Modern Stuff is planned.

id say something like a tracktor thing you know thos horse powered plows?

#3 2018-09-08 11:18:18

Catfive

Horse drawn plow would fit well,
Horse drawn carriage for multiple people?
Expending on writing to give books?
Silk farming?
Dogs?
There're tons of choices that fit the slow progress of technology smile

#4 2018-09-08 11:44:21

Anshin

Tree farming.
Deeper mines.
Well digging away from ponds.

These things are required to keep a town alive. Make them complicated, like a deep mine requires an elevator, and dug wells needing an auger. Tree farming should just be realistically slow, like 30min/years for softwoods and 60min/years for hardwoods.

#5 2018-09-08 12:02:18

tana

Anshin wrote:

Tree farming.
Deeper mines.

These things are required to keep a town alive. Make them complicated, like a deep mine requires an elevator, and dug wells needing an auger. Tree farming should just be realistically slow, like 30min/years for softwoods and 60min/years for hardwoods.

something like irrigation system, or even deeper water sources, because as it is now, even with the last update on water that increased greatly the amount of uses (i mean remember when ponds only had 5 uses, how did we ever survived with that big_smile ) as long as a city perdures a little bit, all deep wells are very quick dry

I will be eve tana. If not an eve, my kids will be called numerically : Primo, Duo, Tertio, Quattro, Quintus, Sextus, Septimus, Octavius etc... ending with an -a if you're a girl.

#6 2018-09-08 12:48:05

Anshin

tana wrote:
Anshin wrote:

Tree farming.
Deeper mines.

something like irrigation system, or even deeper water sources, because as it is now, even with the last update on water that increased greatly the amount of uses (i mean remember when ponds only had 5 uses, how did we ever survived with that big_smile ) as long as a city perdures a little bit, all deep wells are very quick dry

Ya, I could see pipes from dry deep wells working too. We used to be able to dig wells anywhere, but I think Jason didn't like the walls of wells that were everywhere. But you're right the current deep wells are still too shallow, and it's one of the major reasons towns die out. It's also part of the really annoying running forever as an Eve issues, because you need to find a space with LOTS of ponds before starting your camp.

#7 2018-09-08 13:43:21

Booklat1

Flint and steel that needs tinder but no leaves. rabbit trappers all around the world will be thanked.

for specifically modern stuff i'd like plastics to be a durable material that could be used in many things. Imagine seeing those abandoned towns littered with it.

#8 2018-09-09 04:29:15

SomeRandomPerson

Booklat1 wrote:

Flint and steel that needs tinder but no leaves. rabbit trappers all around the world will be thanked.

for specifically modern stuff i'd like plastics to be a durable material that could be used in many things. Imagine seeing those abandoned towns littered with it.

A permanent fireplace would be nice too but yeah easier firestarting would be nice. Modern day could give us stoves that work like more convenient fires.

#9 2018-09-09 14:09:10

Booklat1

yeah, I'd like stoves to be somewhat expensive to make but maybe fire could last many times longer in it. There should still be a need to mantain a supply of gas or whatever to it, just a less grindy one.

Board footer