One Hour One Life Forums

a multiplayer game of parenting and civilization building

You are not logged in.

#1 2018-03-09 19:14:00

shoukanjuu

Suggested feature: Photo Albums to represent a life lived

After playing for a few hours, I've had so many different lives (not even counting the countless times I've died as a baby), they all blur together. It would be nice to have some sort of log file of all my lives, with some basic information about what transpired. Something like a small photo album, with snapshots at "significant" moments (birth, new life stage, death). I'm not sure what the technical limitations might be, but if a log file was able to record enough information to reconstruct an image (without having to save the actual image), then if a larger number of "snapshots" could be recorded, then the player could (optionally) choose which were the most significant of a handful of images to represent their entire lifetime.

If a feature like this was implemented, it would be wonderful if you could see all the photo albums of your ancestors, all the way back up the matrilineal line. And see the photo albums for your descendants, like an enhanced family tree.

I have no idea how hard this would be to implement, or how resource-intensive it would be…I'm just imagining a point where all the lives lived blur to a point of meaninglessness, with no way to recall significant experiences…

#2 2018-03-09 23:13:13

Phate

Re: Suggested feature: Photo Albums to represent a life lived

I think you could just do that manually with screenshots, and post threads about it, people would likely read it.

#3 2018-03-10 02:23:16

shoukanjuu

Re: Suggested feature: Photo Albums to represent a life lived

Like I have time to take screenshots when I'm running around trying to survive?

Board footer