One Hour One Life Forums

a multiplayer game of parenting and civilization building

You are not logged in.

#1 2018-09-03 22:11:52

Solbusaur

Odin the Cursed

I was born into a dying villa with brown bushes everywhere. The children were so similar, and split into separate tiles to make nursing them easier. It turns out there were two groups of twins who were born with me.
They and I grew up into this village to fight the famine and harvest as much food as possible. Unfortunately, the idea of having twins was scary to too many of us. A man named Tim took it upon himself to strike an arrow into one of the sisters' hearts. From my berry patch, I could hear her wail as she passed on.
I came to the scene to see rejoice. Tim was praised for his execution of the girl, and I thought nothing of it. The other twins were getting on edge.

Many years later, I haven't heard anything about the twins. Everyone was getting on normally, we had just grown a large patch of carrots to keep the compost and sheep going, and the berry patch was starting to look alive again. The forge was chugging along while some soup was stirring up just south west. That was until I heard yet another shriek. A young boy, among the twins, also had an arrow plunged into his chest, screaming "Murder!!" and "The man did it!". Everyone was so confused, the boy had been innocent and was helping as far as I knew. The mention of a man and the arrow wound suggested to me that it was Tim, the 'saviour'. He came limping, blood on his bow. I wanted to know why, of all people, Tim had shot the boy. He had nothing to say.
I was distraught and unsure of how to feel. He went to get some stew for his now empty stomach, when I called him out.
Excuses came spluttering out, "He was my twin", "He asked to die", "He thought it was funny". All of those had lies written all over them, and I said so as he crumpled to the floor. I now knew that it was all for sport rather than justice.
I told the rest of town and they were disgusted. One of them even dared to curse the bastard, inspiring others to take vengeance on him. They all chanted "Curse Tim", certain to twist his next life for the worse.

A long period of time had passed, and I was old enough to explore. I had never been beyond the village walls, and was curious. I found bits of garbage lying around; dirty pads, broken tools, empty bowls etc. I came across an oiled file sitting just behind a tree. I thought to myself "Oh this must belong to the forge", taking it in my hands to carry it back. Just before I left, a young ginger was running to that same tree with a blank blade in his hands. His appearance reminded me of Tim. Odin was his name
I had grown suspicious, assuming dark intents. A boy with a file and a blade hidden outside of town out of the residents' view.
I ran away with the file and blurted out in my panicked state about what just happened. Some of them listened, I had earnt their trust over the years. They agreed to keep an eye out, with the hands poised as if they would switch out their knives if needed.
But the boy had followed me.
From the berry bushes, Odin heard my accusation, and intended to object. His voice, it was dark and twisted. We all looked at eachother the same way, and our suspicions had hardened. Even worse, in his bag was a newly crafted knife. We agreed to stick together as there was strength in numbers, and we knew he was smart enough to stay away from crowds. He had left after that, and we hadn't seen him for a while.

I started to wonder if this was Tim's reincarnation. I pushed it aside, thinking it was stupid. That could be any cursed, but my friends insisted that it was a possibility. It became a large discussion as people were drawn in, only for an old woman to bring terrible news. A girl, Rose, had been attacked outside of town, and our suspicions had been confirmed. We sprinted to the scene to find Odin's own body cut up next to Rose's. Her attacker had been attacked in vengeance of Rose, and the village was finally safe from harm.
http://lineage.onehouronelife.com/serve … id=1009838

After that life, I had spawned as an Eve in a grassland location where I gave birth to my first child, Michael. He was my favourite child as he was one of those who accepts their beginnings rather than running away from them. Soon I would find out he would be my only human son too.
I gave birth to a lass who spoke with a dark voice like last time. I knew who it was: Odin. And she answered "Y". So I took her to a cold spot and watched her starve as I said to her "Fuck you".
She would be born to me and many other mothers repetitively only to be rejected and starve.
http://lineage.onehouronelife.com/serve … id=1010166

Last edited by Solbusaur (2018-09-03 22:12:13)

Favourite Lives: MrDryer/ChirpChapley (Eva II) Town Nurse (Beth Storm) Ma's Best Li'l Helper (Law Autry), The Latex Lord (Kevin Youree), 60 Years a Blacksmith (Victoire Mom) The Egglord's Apprentice (Thomas II), Big Blood Brother (Dante), Horse racer on doomsday (Lilly Tana)
Profile Picture by MultiLife

#2 2018-09-03 22:59:15

Roblor

Re: Odin the Cursed

The system works

IT PUTS ÞE BERRY IN ÞE BASKET OR ELSE IT GETS ÞE HOSE AGAIN !

#3 2018-09-04 00:24:28

startafight

was there for that! i was the old woman who brought the news after seeing the cluster of old folks chatting by the bushes (lol). i dont think odin was too bad on his own tbh. only killed a couple ppl n didnt really try to wipe out the family or anything but i guess my standards are rock bottom at this point tongue .

http://lineage.onehouronelife.com/serve … id=1009838 <- me. i starved after dueling toby for fun (your younger brother i think)

#4 2018-09-04 06:34:38

Solbusaur

startafight wrote:

http://lineage.onehouronelife.com/serve … id=1009838 <- me. i starved after dueling toby for fun (your younger brother i think)

Poor Toby. He said his goodbyes to us and his brother, so I said "Oh, better luck next time".

Favourite Lives: MrDryer/ChirpChapley (Eva II) Town Nurse (Beth Storm) Ma's Best Li'l Helper (Law Autry), The Latex Lord (Kevin Youree), 60 Years a Blacksmith (Victoire Mom) The Egglord's Apprentice (Thomas II), Big Blood Brother (Dante), Horse racer on doomsday (Lilly Tana)
Profile Picture by MultiLife

Board footer