One Hour One Life Forums

a multiplayer game of parenting and civilization building

You are not logged in.

#1 2018-09-03 19:05:06

PeaGirl

To baby suiciders.

I know, this is contradiction, I myself baby suicide sometimes, but I have my reasons. Though for those who I have come across, I have noticed that there are quite many players who quit really early for various reasons.

- Not ideal spot, either forest area, new eve player etc.
- Not typical village you'd like to contribute in.
- Too overwhelming.
- Already abandoned
- Boy, sometimes even a girl (cause more responsibility especially on eve camps)
- Easy exit, no need of being entwined in responsibility when running asap.
- You have no surname. Sometimes even I begin to run when I notice that family does not have Eve's family name. It often indicates a newbie spot, depends though unless family has moved out to better place.

Though I have slowly noticed that people pose less pity on other people. Even babies as girls leave without even thinking twice. I have seen really promising eve camps turn to dust when all possible girl babies hit F5 as fast as they could, even with basketful of food around and carrot/berryfarm thriving. This is likely very sensitive topic for many of us who like to succeed and try their best at providing best possible results for coming players, only by being slapped in face with carrot. Though some eve camps tend to get better when there is a player dedicated for it. Let's keep this civil and ask players "What is wrong?"

Last edited by PeaGirl (2018-09-03 21:48:44)

If you ever enter Pea (Helkama turns into random name) family, you need the lottery ticket picked up. My baby names given can be absolutely random.
"Are you fueled with peasoup or why you keep running off from temperature tile?"

#2 2018-09-03 19:17:10

Tea

Re: To baby suiciders.

Most of my Eve runs end with me. I have a lot of babies that suicide once they notice that their mom is an Eve. Had three runs where those who stayed where new players who died out of starvation even though there is enough food around and I kept feeding them berries.

It's not fun. You find a perfect place but there are no children to continue the work.

Don't get me wrong, I suicide too. But for various reasons :

- born as a boy to a place with little food and an overpopulation, I suicide so they won't use more resources.
- born to an Eve searching for a place with a newborn in her arms
- etc

I always stay where I am born and try to help and to live as long as possible, especially when born as a girl in an Eve camp. I know the frustration working hard to make this place work just to see no one taking over it.

The one and only Eve Kelderman

#3 2018-09-03 19:30:49

VioletLily

I remember once when I got lucky and found a perfect spot for an eve camp. It had the potential to become a big and thriving city. It had a nice dessert, more ponds than I knew what to do with (Enough that there was a never-ending supply of eggs), and grasslands with all the straight shafts you could ever need. It had Iron on the other side of the dessert. Rabbits were close too. It was better than any location I had seen before, settled or no.

I tried really hard to make this camp a place people would want to stay in. I got an axe, shovel and hoe, planted a farm, and basically did everything I learned a good eve should do.

But none of my girls stayed. I was so heartbroken.

I only suicide if I am a girl born to a traveling eve with another little baby girl in her arms, but even the I usually leave the decision up to my mom.

Last edited by VioletLily (2018-09-03 19:39:17)

#4 2018-09-03 19:35:00

Roblor

Permaban them all.

IT PUTS ÞE BERRY IN ÞE BASKET OR ELSE IT GETS ÞE HOSE AGAIN !

#5 2018-09-03 19:40:43

startafight

i play eve runs pretty often (cos i get lineage banned from all the villages sad ) n tbh baby suicides arent that big of a problem for me. keeping too many kids is also another reason why ppl suicide (or at least players like me tongue ) and since i tend to keep 3 good kids its generally fine in my lineage. its gens 4/5 that always turns into chaos tbh

#6 2018-09-03 19:50:30

PeaGirl

I had a really good eve camp that was considerably good with temp spots. Though all my children suicided. Every single one of them.

If you ever enter Pea (Helkama turns into random name) family, you need the lottery ticket picked up. My baby names given can be absolutely random.
"Are you fueled with peasoup or why you keep running off from temperature tile?"

#7 2018-09-04 01:33:36

Lotus

I suicide if I'm born into a town, usually I play as Eve. Unless the town asks me to stay in which I will.

#8 2018-09-04 02:32:56

boggers

I spent one whole life farming carrots in a big city and had 8 stillborn kids, ie. they died as soon as they were born.

Not sure if it was from really bad lag or just that nobody wants to be a carrot farmer's kid. It is the most thankless job.

#9 2018-09-04 04:13:05

SomeRandomPerson

I had this too, Babies keep running off. Even saying  "F-U" and running around me. It's often the same person that suicides on the same mothers over and over, It's one of the few issues I have with the game.

Weather it's an intentional troll or unfavorable conditions I think we'd benefit from a lineage ban for suicide babies. Problem is the game couldn't tell suicide and abandoned apart.

We should be getting different babies, Not the same guy that will suicide. Yesterday I saw someone chase a suicider with a knife. Said that once they get murdered they won't be reborn thus giving room for different babies to be born.

Last edited by SomeRandomPerson (2018-09-04 04:28:03)

Board footer