One Hour One Life Forums

a multiplayer game of parenting and civilization building

You are not logged in.

#1 2018-09-01 14:20:13

Kerbal weapons inc.

My theories of the future of the society

Well as the technology advances so does societies so I will try to guess what societal advances will happen.

1. Communication and Trading Networks
Once we get a mailing service up and running we have the possibility of sending important messages between towns and possibly even set up trade to get rid of things we have too much on for the things we need

2. The Concept of Group Property
I would doubt individual private property would pop up but it is possible that concepts like family or town or even class property will pop and that concept will be useful in trading and may even be used by a monarch to establish proper classes

3. Feudalism
Eventually the city state will no longer be the dominant system and a loose grouping of towns may become  one state for the sake of making it easier to distribute resources.

4. The Resurgence of War
If the concept of property and territory takes hope I would expect the resurgence of war for resources and possibly even for a monarch's personal reasons

#2 2018-09-01 14:42:28

SomeRandomPerson

Re: My theories of the future of the society

Trade seems fun, Curious if we'll ever get things like shops and money.

#3 2018-09-01 15:52:11

Turnipseed

SomeRandomPerson wrote:

Trade seems fun, Curious if we'll ever get things like shops and money.

As roleplay probobly but the timeframe of the game makes it impractical

Be kind, generous, and work together my potatoes.

#4 2018-09-01 16:07:06

Booklat1

Kerbal weapons inc. wrote:

or even class property will pop and that concept will be useful in trading and may even be used by a monarch to establish proper classes

You try to stablish classes, I try to kill people that do it.

#5 2018-09-01 17:48:35

Turnipseed

Booklat1 wrote:

or even class property will pop and that concept will be useful in trading and may even be used by a monarch to establish proper classes

Death to monarchs!!!!

I hate when someone pretends like they are king and ride around on a horse with all the knives. Doing nothing but making up rules, and threatening people.

Doing that is a sure fire way to catch my arrow in your back.

(Nothing against crowns personally i think they should be used as labels, farmer=carrot crown shepard=wolf crown ect... no idea why people want them though... its like painting a target on your head)

#6 2018-09-01 18:55:37

Jk Howling

Death to monarchs!!!!

I hate when someone pretends like they are king and ride around on a horse with all the knives. Doing nothing but making up rules, and threatening people.

Doing that is a sure fire way to catch my arrow in your back.

(Nothing against crowns personally i think they should be used as labels, farmer=carrot crown shepard=wolf crown ect... no idea why people want them though... its like painting a target on your head)

There are some "monarchs" that actually do their "job" pretty well. I've had a reigning king in a large city approach me, my husband, and our clutch of kids in a nearby outpost town and ask if we needed anything. He happily fetched soil on his horse-drawn cart and later, a bow+arrow and a rope for us to catch our own mouflon.

I've had others who go around asking what needs to be done, if anyone needs help with something, what items we're lacking, and help distribute jobs to those who recently got their hands.

There can be a place for these "monarchs" outside of roleplaying if they do it correctly. The annoying ones are the ones who take it too far and start demanding things, or don't work a single job in their lifetime, or start stabbing "rebels" and what not.

On the rare instances I get a crown, I tend to work even harder, whether people acknowledge me as a king/queen or not. I try to help out where needed, keep an eye out for griefers, and talk to people a lot more than usual [asking if there's been any problems, they need any help, etc.] Eventually I pass down the crown to whichever of my children seems to be the hardest worker.

Last edited by Jk Howling (2018-09-01 18:57:35)

-Has ascended to better games-

#7 2018-09-01 18:58:35

PeaGirl

Turnipseed wrote:
Booklat1 wrote:

Some people aren't just as clickactive and smart enough to anything to village other than practicing cosmetic roleplaying. I have seen some kings and queens who really did something practical and useable, but some kings and queens are just... doing nothing very useful, bit like some new people who are still trying to learn things up. I remember being crowned very few times, and those times I didn't really just go stand about, I just wanted to help and keep the relation between other families who came to with the ring of the bell. I personally see no reason in crowns, since it only stresses other families when someone is more selfish and won't contribute gold ore for bell tower, but for crowns... Yeah.

If you ever enter Pea (Helkama turns into random name) family, you need the lottery ticket picked up. My baby names given can be absolutely random.
"Are you fueled with peasoup or why you keep running off from temperature tile?"

#8 2018-09-02 05:09:43

Kerbal weapons inc.

Well monarchs or any kind of leaders will have to pop up eventually if city state system is going to be rid of it is possible that we never get rid of it

#9 2018-09-03 03:02:13

Turnipseed

Well monarchs or any kind of leaders will have to pop up eventually if city state system is going to be rid of it is possible that we never get rid of it

And i will kill them

Death to monarchs!!!

Work or die! Bossing people around is not working

#10 2018-09-03 06:45:17

helloworld

lol so your the one who says death to monarch in-game. think is bit silly, but I create majority of the crown you see in game haha. And also think your being silly for thinking crown = king/queen (or any thing of that sort). Altho I admit some people with crown seem more asshole then without.

I also like the drama the crown create further down the generation (since some people like to roleplay or think they have extra power). If I happen to be born into the same family again, I usually create another carrot crown to make (king carrot & queen leaf).

is funny cause, I dont even like role playing lol. just not much to do in big civ (I enjoy eve's child run the best)

Last edited by helloworld (2018-09-03 06:46:01)

#11 2018-09-03 07:09:33

Turnipseed

I dont kill people wearing crowns i kill people acting like the crown means they are the boss, and get to order executions, or tell people what to do. Crowns are great designators of jobs. Especially the carrot crown for farmers.

Plenty of people just like the pretty hat, but some take it to far and need to be taken down a peg.

And im not the only one who yells "death to monarchs" i actully stole the idea from some other player after i stabbed a king that decreed that we were to kill all brown people. Someone ran up and yelled Death to monarchs with a bunch of !'s

Thought it was a great way to explain why they died. Also a good indication that i killed someone is that i stand still for questioning after i kill anyone. If i die i die if not i get back to work. Ill also own up to it any time i see people asking what happened. If you wanna retaliate i dont try to run.

#12 2018-09-03 11:49:32

SomeRandomPerson

Turnipseed wrote:

I dont kill people wearing crowns i kill people acting like the crown means they are the boss, and get to order executions, or tell people what to do. Crowns are great designators of jobs. Especially the carrot crown for farmers.

Plenty of people just like the pretty hat, but some take it to far and need to be taken down a peg.

And im not the only one who yells "death to monarchs" i actully stole the idea from some other player after i stabbed a king that decreed that we were to kill all brown people. Someone ran up and yelled Death to monarchs with a bunch of !'s

Thought it was a great way to explain why they died. Also a good indication that i killed someone is that i stand still for questioning after i kill anyone. If i die i die if not i get back to work. Ill also own up to it any time i see people asking what happened. If you wanna retaliate i dont try to run.

I guess it depends on weather they are doing a compotent job. An experienced player might be able to organize a town and get them moving in the right direction, assign people jobs and allocate resources accordingly.

That being said, Tyrants should be overthrown. What if we tried a democracy, Let everyone have a vote on the next king. No more random babies getting crowned.

#13 2018-09-03 15:43:11

Turnipseed

SomeRandomPerson wrote:

I guess it depends on weather they are doing a compotent job. An experienced player might be able to organize a town and get them moving in the right direction, assign people jobs and allocate resources accordingly.

That being said, Tyrants should be overthrown. What if we tried a democracy, Let everyone have a vote on the next king. No more random babies getting crowned.

Id like to see a competent king. Ive yet to see one do anything but roleplay or wave his/her dick around. Some sort of organizer could serve a purpose the problem comes from the assigner knowing what everyone is capable of. Telling a noob to be a shepard, and pein to tend berrys is going to ruin the sheep pen.

The time scale is going to prevent a good king from being feasible without out of game chat with the whole town

Board footer