One Hour One Life Forums

a multiplayer game of parenting and civilization building

You are not logged in.

#1 2018-09-01 04:15:19

startafight

miss you steven - stark family

my mother birthed me in a field of berries, surrounded by family and friends. she lifted me up and declared, "you are sex".

i promptly ran off, devastated by the embarrassing name she had given me. the swamps were cold and ready to receive my corpse but a fourth cousin chased after me with a berry in hand. i ran from him for a bit but his persistence convinced me to stay. he scooped me up and took me back to the berry field and my sister took over from there.

i grew up quickly and ran into my savior again. but this time he had a name. he was steven. he picked me up and put me back down over and over again.

"bon. ding." i said

"bonding?" he asked

i nodded. i liked steven. he was a father i never had.

by then my hair had grown in and i was ready to work. as i grabbed a bowl a familiar figure came into view. it was my mother

she was shocked to see me. "i thought you died" she exclaimed, picking me up again.

"why *did* you run?" added steven

"you. name.d. me. sex. im. sad"

"the game changes the names it doesnt matter what i named you," mother chided

but i was adamant. "you d.ont. love. me" i cried

"no, no. i love sex!"

the two worked to convince me that i had a good name. and i finally gave in. "ily. ma"

"ilyt" she responded

and so my childhood unfolded. steven recruited me and a cousin to help build his pen. he was a faster clicker than i, but i tried my best to help. he was a brilliant man, combining the massive grave field we had, making a semi-grave semi-pit pen. as he finished the pen i wandered about, trying to find the rope i had seen so early in my infant-hood to get sheep for the pen. i wanted to delight my adoptive father by bringing in a sheep soon.

but it was not meant to be. as i returned to the camp i saw my cousin who had worked on the pen with steven and me. he was crying over a corpse.

"steve!!!" he wailed.

in disbelief i went up to the corpse and saw it truly was our friend, steven.

we mourned our fallen cousin. calling out his name despite the knowledge that he would never rise again. he would never wield another shovel. he would never dig another pit

wiping away the tears from my eyes i made it my mission then to get a sheep for the pen that steven had built.

i wandered about the wilds. it was pretty easy to find a rope and make an arrow and i knew we had a bow at camp. i even found an apron with a knife in it while i was looking around. but i ran into a spot of trouble when i tried asking a cousin, stacy to help me.

she had a backpack and i did not. but i could not carry both the bow and arrow as well as the rope to the mouflon which was quite a bit away and i didnt want to make two trips. so i asked her to shoot the sheep for me and she agreed. as i passed the rope a small blonde girl snatched it and ran off.

"ooooof. this makes me mad. if i was less of a man i'd get stabby" i told stacy

"what was the girls name?" she asked, "im not above killing"

"not sure. she was just some blonde child" and so stacy ran off to find the girl and i had to get another rope and the milkweed was a bit of a walk.

when i returned more drama unfolded. stellar had stabbed stacy for taking down the bell tower. this set my plans back even further. now i had to recruit another to help carry my stuff to the sheep.

unfortunately, my knife apron and arrow made convincing people to follow difficult. i understood their fears but it took years off my life as i tried to convince an older woman (i think she was my sister) to lend me her backpack. she did not.

time grew even shorter as i stopped to chat with alpha, a nephew i had named a while back. he was ruminating on the fact he would not have a child. seeing the lonely man in the field i filled with pity.

so i went up to him and screamed, "waa. F. feed meee"

and he did! he chuckled as he fed me a few berries and i went off on my merry way, knowing that i had helped a cousin, even if it was a little bit.

by then i knew that nobody would help me carry my stuff. i made another bow out in the wilds, near the mouflon, despite the fact i thought it was a waste. and i was not fond of having too many weapons so near the camp. (by then i had amassed two knives and had there was another in camp. with the new bow i crafted there were 5 weapons).

but finally, i had captured a sheep. i took it back to camp and raised it.

"i wish steven could've seen this" i muttered to myself.

i spent the remainder of my life collecting rocks to build wells, even getting help from another young man (i think it was bobby).

the knife apron i gave to a clever girl feeding the sheep. "im making an apron" she had told me as i entered the pen. i simply took mine off and offered it to her

the knife backpack i gave to a girl who had asked so desperately as a child for my bag. "i want to get iron!" she had cried. but i went and got it instead.

when i returned i saw that the little girl had grown. she was a woman now with children of her own. i relented at the sight and relinquished my pack. "be good" i told her. and she was. after receiving the pack she went off to smith right away

i died digging a single well.

in all it was a sweet, simple life. i was one man who got help from many. but every day i missed my fallen family dearly. near the end of my life i had gone off to look for alpha and my cousin who had helped build the pen (did his name start with a k? im not certain, my memory started to fail as i aged) but i could not find them. i died so lonely, despite my crowded birth.

my final thoughts, "i miss him so much"

steven: http://lineage.onehouronelife.com/serve … _id=992210

me: http://lineage.onehouronelife.com/serve … _id=992210

was it you kohan?: http://lineage.onehouronelife.com/serve … _id=992210

Board footer