One Hour One Life Forums

a multiplayer game of parenting and civilization building

You are not logged in.

#1 2018-03-09 15:44:49

Bayo

Bears/Wolves

Maybe its just my bad luck but i have gotten pretty annoyed with bears and even wolves killing me.
During my last hours of game play, if i dont starve, i get eaten by one of these beasts eventually.
Some times bears just wander into the village and cause a massive panic, but most of the time i just die while looking for seeds/milkweed/water.
One time i was born in a decent village and wolf just wandered in and snacked me. So i guess wolves only avoid adults but hunt children?

#2 2018-03-09 17:41:19

TLyon

Re: Bears/Wolves

All I can say is run. Most of the time when you move towards them they wont kill you instantaneouly, but if you let them catch you, you will be almost certainly dead, so you have to react quickly.

#3 2018-03-09 18:41:57

Computer1633

It is part of life. Being mauled and eaten was a constant threat for the first people on the planet as they learned how to survive and thrive. They can be killed, or you can run. But don't forget, your in their home, and they are hungry too!

#4 2018-03-09 18:58:54

Twinsen

Based on my observation, after certain ticks (probably by certain amount of seconds), Bear targets your last clicked location. Therefore, it's important to keep changing moving direction once you see the bear.

As for wolf, I don't have much experience with it (not because I never die from wolf, but I died so many times starving as infant instead) but I would assume that it follows the same logic once the wolf decides to hunt. Whether if it specifically target children, I would say it's certainly in real life; but whether this behavior is really implemented in the game, I do not know. It's quite possible that there is really an inherit percentage of targeting children.

Board footer