One Hour One Life Forums

a multiplayer game of parenting and civilization building

You are not logged in.

#1 2018-03-09 15:19:55

boxy

New update brings new potential for total Civ Collapse.

Earlier this morning I was spawned into a fairly large farm. There were around 3 women and 2 adult men.
The farm had roughly 15-20 tilled rows and carrots were becoming somewhat scarce but the women were working hard to reproduce

Me and two other children were brought onto the farm and I had figured trapping would be the best use of my time for the extra food and to clothe everyone.
After I had trapped about 15 rabbits and was getting prepped to cook and skin all of them, I take a second to check our carrot farm.

To my absolute horror every single carrot had turned into a seed as no one had taken the time to transfer the carrots to baskets.
We had no food and no ability to reproduce and of course we all perished.

This brings me to my new greatest fears
could surplus in civilizations be an even greater threat to collapse than before?
Before if there was a surplus in a society it often lead to everyone doing their own thing and neglecting reproduction until it was too late.
But now if there isn't at least one farmer and a constant surplus of baskets/berries/soil it could mean huge consequences.
For either the current society or future generations who will need to find fertile soil or the ingredients for compost.
It also means we'll be on constant 24/7 noob patrol for people eating berries willy nilly instead of using them for compost.

Thoughts?

#2 2018-03-09 15:44:39

yvanhooe

Re: New update brings new potential for total Civ Collapse.

My thought is that when you see there are seeds around and mature carrots, harvest them unless someone stops you. Also I have seen many civs having hidden "backup" plots already seeded with a full pouch/bowl next to them.

#3 2018-03-09 16:14:26

jord1990

Re: New update brings new potential for total Civ Collapse.

there is already posts about this, but yes at the current time it seems we have been kicked back to a migrating lifestyle since a sustainable farm will fail in 2-3 generations and drain all the natural resources. It is a true shame.

Board footer