One Hour One Life Forums

a multiplayer game of parenting and civilization building

You are not logged in.

#1 2018-08-24 18:30:43

Mirelli

The love story of Laaibah and Sam Storm II

Sam was born to a comatose mother in the wilds before she was quickly whisked back to town by her great uncle Jim. He gave her a name and kept her fed as she grew to toddlerhood in the warmth of the fire. Her blonde curls soon grew in and it was time for her to fend for herself. With berry in hand, she had been looking around her village to see what needed to be done, until she noticed a boy about ten years older than her. He had brown hair and a kind smile. His name was Laaibah.

His mission in life was to make as much paper as possible so they could all leave something behind for the next generations. Sam was intrigued from the beginning and when she saw him preparing coals and bowls of wood shavings, she hopped in to the printing press and began helping him mass produce paper. It was peaceful work and they were very efficient together. She knew she had to see more of him so she went out in search of more short shafts.

While in the wild, Sam almost ran into a bear! She ran home with her basket of shafts and told Laaibah of her close brush with death. He said he would take care of it in a few minutes, but then things quickly turned sour within the town.

There was a blonde man running around with a knife, claiming to chase Platon, but he stood next to a young girl beside the berry farm and stabbed her in the gut. Sam quickly ushered her to the hospital and patched her up, then rushed back to the scene to see Laaibah had stabbed the guilty man. She fed him berries amidst the chaos and the villagers cheered on his heroics.

Her heart full of admiration and love for this man, Sam took a piece of paper that they had made together and ran into the wilds to write in secret. She placed two roses and the note in a basket and hurried home. She found him again at the printing press and he stopped what he was doing when he saw her basket in hand. She placed it at his feet and nervously told him to read the note.

“:Will you marry me?” He read aloud. “Oh, how sweet.” She blushed at his words, so relieved to finally be able to tell him how she felt. He agreed and they affirmed their love and admiration for each other before sealing their marriage with a kiss.

Children came not long afterwards. Violet was their first daughter and Laaibah passed some of his clothing to her. Among the children were Phoenix, Blue, August, and Laaibah Jr. Each of them were given an article of his clothing and Sam came to admire Laaibah’s generosity even more.

Life was peaceful for a while... until the bears came. It roared through the town, devouring babies and the unexpecting. There was no bow to be found in camp, so Sam decided she would make a run for milkweed in the wilds. She caught sight of her husband before she left and shouted for him to be safe while she was gone. Worried but determined, she searched and searched before reluctantly coming home with one stalk short of a rope.

She was disappointed in herself but she came across the sight of her husband standing next to the bear above the bakery and writing down a warning to never touch it. Thankfully someone had fed the bear, and soon after, Laaibah ran into the wilds with a chunk of mutton to feed the other.

He returned shortly, but unfortunately the years had begun to weigh him down. Her heart broke at the thought of being without him soon so she asked if they could make one more batch of paper. “What better way to end my life,” he agreed. Sam ran to the wilds and brought back shafts as fast as she could while her husband prepared the fire and water. Someone had put firewood on their coal fire and he pleaded for them not to. Sam rushed to light another kindling away from the others but sadly, Laaibah had run out of time..

“My time comes. I love you.” He breathed out before collapsing at her feet. Her heart was broken but she continued their unfinished work and made a few more pages. “Here lies Laaibah, loving father and husband —Sam” she wrote before she too began feeling the weight of the years.

As her time ran out, she found her daughter Violet and asked to be buried beside her beloved husband. Violet placed his bones beside a bundle of indigo and ushered her over to her spot. Her heart full, she left the world peacefully beside her daughter and her love. “I love you all.”

I usually play as Eve Storm. If you’re named Phoenix, Bear, Winter, or Summer, it’s probably me smile

#2 2018-08-24 20:02:01

Star

Re: The love story of Laaibah and Sam Storm II

I happened to be Laaibah's mother and Sam's grandmother.
It's great to see the linage last as we were uncertain at my time. smile

Bob <3

#3 2018-08-24 20:15:41

Ribbz

So you were the one I kept force feeding sauerkraut when you were lagging out in Hope's for a bb girl. Jim here and glad we could keep the storm a rolling.

#4 2018-08-24 21:28:23

Tarr
Banned

It really was a nice little life.

Laaibah was born alone and afraid in a quiet almost familiar village. His mother had had been rather busy at the time of his birth and didn't notice the little boy who scurried over to a warm patch by the berry farm. His cries were heard by one of the men from the village who fed the boy and scooped him and returned him to his loving mother. Laaibah admired his Uncle Jim, the man who had saved the young boys life when no one else seemed to notice the little boy crying for food and attention.

Once returned to his mother Laaibah would get his name "You are L." What a silly name for a little boy the child thought. As he grew older he would expand his name from just a single letter to his chosen name of Laaibah. Laaibah loved nature as a child often exploring the various areas around his home for any sort of little treasures a boy his age could carry. On one such adventure he found a skeleton bearing an old wool cap, a pair of snakeskin boots, and a few other goodies to boot. Laaibah prized these possessions and wanted to show his Uncle Jim all the things he found out exploring in the world.

On his trip home the boy came across his older sister blankly staring out into the field when an all too familiar sound was heard. Laaibah would finally get a chance to do as his Uncle Jim had for him as a child. Laaibah promised not to leave this little girl alone in the wilderness and stayed by her side feeding both her mother and the girl whenever they were hungry. As if sensing his nephew needed help once more Jim appeared from the village center to carry the small girl away from the less than hospitable wilderness.

As the boy became a young man he soon found a passion for making paper. He got to enjoy the thrill of the wilds while always coming home to see the smiling faces of his loved ones. One day while Laaibah was working a younger girl had come to ask if she could help him out with his work. Laaibah could sense he knew this girl from somewhere but couldn't figure out where the two had met before. Sam II and Laaibah worked in perfect harmony making plenty of paper for anyone and everyone who could ever want some.

Returning home one day after one of his many trips the man was greeted by Sam with a basket of two roses and a single note tucked in the back. Laaibah reached down into the basket and as he picked up that piece of paper he read out the very words that would change his life. "Will you marry me?" With great joy in his heart he accepted Sam's love and soon the two had a small family together.

With each Child Laaibah would pass on one of his many possessions to his ever growing family. His wool cap was passed to his daughter Violet, now dyed blue in celebration of his first daughter with his wife Sam II. He would distribute the rest of his things to his various children as now Laaibah had learned that the little knick-knacks he had collected in his youth were just mere objects to be enjoyed. The real treasure was his wife and their beautiful children.

Laaibah would do many deeds in his life from stopping a crazed man and keeping bears from destroying their little home but time was not kind to Laaibah. Each and every day Laaibah would grow weaker his walk turning to a slow gait as he fought on to cherish every moment with his family. Sam II seeing Laaibah in such a miserable condition tried to cheer the old man up. "Let's make paper just one more time for old times sake." Sam II would fetch the shavings while Laaibah would prepare the fire for the two. The elderly man turned his back for just a moment and turned back in shock to what he had seen.

A young boy no older than ten had dumped logs onto he had prepared for the two to make one last sheet of paper. His heart had sunk into his chest as he realized his body no longer had the strength to start another fire for the two to relive their youth together. As Sam II had returned to the now roaring fire Laaibah felt his eyes grow heavy. He heard the whispers of his mother beckoning him home as he tried his best to say his goodbye. "My time comes. I love you." and with that his eyes shut for the final time.

fug it’s Tarr.

#5 2018-08-24 22:55:23

Star

Tarr wrote:

It really was a nice little life.

Laaibah was born alone and afraid in a quiet almost familiar village. His mother had had been rather busy at the time of his birth and didn't notice the little boy who scurried over to a warm patch by the berry farm. His cries were heard by one of the men from the village who fed the boy and scooped him and returned him to his loving mother. Laaibah admired his Uncle Jim, the man who had saved the young boys life when no one else seemed to notice the little boy crying for food and attention.

Once returned to his mother Laaibah would get his name "You are L." What a silly name for a little boy the child thought. As he grew older he would expand his name from just a single letter to his chosen name of Laaibah. Laaibah loved nature as a child often exploring the various areas around his home for any sort of little treasures a boy his age could carry. On one such adventure he found a skeleton bearing an old wool cap, a pair of snakeskin boots, and a few other goodies to boot. Laaibah prized these possessions and wanted to show his Uncle Jim all the things he found out exploring in the world.

On his trip home the boy came across his older sister blankly staring out into the field when an all too familiar sound was heard. Laaibah would finally get a chance to do as his Uncle Jim had for him as a child. Laaibah promised not to leave this little girl alone in the wilderness and stayed by her side feeding both her mother and the girl whenever they were hungry. As if sensing his nephew needed help once more Jim appeared from the village center to carry the small girl away from the less than hospitable wilderness.

As the boy became a young man he soon found a passion for making paper. He got to enjoy the thrill of the wilds while always coming home to see the smiling faces of his loved ones. One day while Laaibah was working a younger girl had come to ask if she could help him out with his work. Laaibah could sense he knew this girl from somewhere but couldn't figure out where the two had met before. Sam II and Laaibah worked in perfect harmony making plenty of paper for anyone and everyone who could ever want some.

Returning home one day after one of his many trips the man was greeted by Sam with a basket of two roses and a single note tucked in the back. Laaibah reached down into the basket and as he picked up that piece of paper he read out the very words that would change his life. "Will you marry me?" With great joy in his heart he accepted Sam's love and soon the two had a small family together.

With each Child Laaibah would pass on one of his many possessions to his ever growing family. His wool cap was passed to his daughter Violet, now dyed blue in celebration of his first daughter with his wife Sam II. He would distribute the rest of his things to his various children as now Laaibah had learned that the little knick-knacks he had collected in his youth were just mere objects to be enjoyed. The real treasure was his wife and their beautiful children.

Laaibah would do many deeds in his life from stopping a crazed man and keeping bears from destroying their little home but time was not kind to Laaibah. Each and every day Laaibah would grow weaker his walk turning to a slow gait as he fought on to cherish every moment with his family. Sam II seeing Laaibah in such a miserable condition tried to cheer the old man up. "Let's make paper just one more time for old times sake." Sam II would fetch the shavings while Laaibah would prepare the fire for the two. The elderly man turned his back for just a moment and turned back in shock to what he had seen.

A young boy no older than ten had dumped logs onto he had prepared for the two to make one last sheet of paper. His heart had sunk into his chest as he realized his body no longer had the strength to start another fire for the two to relive their youth together. As Sam II had returned to the now roaring fire Laaibah felt his eyes grow heavy. He heard the whispers of his mother beckoning him home as he tried his best to say his goodbye. "My time comes. I love you." and with that his eyes shut for the final time.

I am very sorry I left you! I was lagging and quite busy.

Bob <3

#6 2018-08-26 04:15:45

Lotus

Well-told and beautiful. Thanks for sharing.

Board footer