One Hour One Life Forums

a multiplayer game of parenting and civilization building

You are not logged in.

#51 2018-08-21 00:43:11

startafight

Re: Having Fun and Messing Around is NOT Griefing

ive never used reddit before but i imagine it looks a lot like this thread. anybody here smoke weed?

#52 2018-08-21 00:47:08

Mirelli

For the record, I was the one who stabbed you. And especially after reading through all of this BS, I don’t feel bad about it at all. I figured it would have taught you a lesson but clearly, teaching you anything is impossible and just not worth the effort. But I’ll still be around and I’ll continue to kill people like you so the people who actually want to play the game will have good experiences smile

I usually play as Eve Storm. If you’re named Phoenix, Bear, Winter, or Summer, it’s probably me smile

#53 2018-08-21 01:14:09

hihibanana

Doctor Steve wrote:

Post.

If you're killing someone because you think someone is griefing, by your logic, you are a high liability. Unstable and triggerhappy people are bad for society, and bad for this game.

Everything else you're saying is wrong, has no basis, and hinders on I should excuse you for being so ignorant. No.

Mirelli wrote:

Post.

If you're going to decide on what is right based on the majority, then you're going to screw someone over. Stop following trends unnecessarily. It's not good for the game, or anyone.

Edit: if you're confused on where I drew that conclusion, look how fast you've changed your point of view, and how much it was based on what happened in this thread.

Last edited by hihibanana (2018-08-21 01:15:54)

#54 2018-08-21 01:24:13

Mirelli

My opinion never changed so I’m not sure where you got that from. I thought how I felt was pretty clear when I stabbed you in the gut in game. My feelings were only reinforced after seeing your behavior in this thread, calling people mentally ill just because they have differing opinions. Lmao but you do you and I’ll do me smile

I usually play as Eve Storm. If you’re named Phoenix, Bear, Winter, or Summer, it’s probably me smile

#55 2018-08-21 01:31:12

hihibanana

This isn't at all what is happening, though. You never felt that way until just now, and your differences between post tone is proof of this. If you're following the opinions of others in this thread, that is the only way you'd draw that conclusion. Think for yourself.

Last edited by hihibanana (2018-08-21 01:31:41)

#56 2018-08-21 01:32:11

Auner

Pharo- you know what, you're an amazing asshole. It's incredible. Nuances to situations go right over your head, and your version of truth is the only truth, everyone else just can't possibly have a good time.

Like I'm honestly thankful you play this game- not because of your nazi-level stance against 'griefers' but your ability to control the situation -- why the historical and political nuance you introduce but wont even understand will be up their in satisfaction.

But hey, if you go all nazi on my clan, I'll rise up against you. Your sway is limited by those who question those who demand power.

Once upon a time there was a lizard who wanted to be a dragon...

#57 2018-08-21 01:36:22

Mirelli

I’m glad you know exactly what’s happening in my head, banana! Can you tell me what I’ll have for dinner tonight too? What am I thinking right now?!

#58 2018-08-21 01:36:43

Doctor Steve

hihibanana wrote:
Doctor Steve wrote:

Doctor Steve's post.

First of all, your post has a lot of assumptions in what I'm talking about. No amount of words are going to justify making an assumption in an argument. Isn't this amateurish? For someone who knows so much about argument (again, you're being a hypocrite).

Crime and crime-fighting in real life isn't perfect. Why would it work in this game, when often, we're convinced that it's working when it's not?

Do you not think people can be sympathetic and understanding in a post? You think people turn a blind eye to other people's emotions? I can tell Pharo is mentally ill, and you're pretending I'm insulting him by pointing it out? This mindset silences many many people who have real illnesses, and shames them from speaking up about it. Illumination allows healing. Please don't be an arse.

"No amount of words", what is it that you have against words? What did words ever do to you?
Let me break it down for you. Not once have you ever responded to my arguments directly. All you have done is try to insult me by telling me that I don't know what I'm doing or that I'm an amateur. The fact that you have failed to address my talking points says to me that you have no solid argument, and when you resort to name-calling you're just reinforcing my suspicions.

hihibanana wrote:
I Am Pharo wrote:

I Am Pharo's post.

I'm completely serious. Your actions mimic that of a depressed, anxious psychopath, and it would be healthier for everyone if you were to leave and work on yourself. I am not insulting you. I am stating my observation that I 100% believe, and know that you're not mentally stable. The correct way to act is to respect others, and express your emotions in a healthy manner. Even with this, we can see that you're not stable. It's ok to be mentally ill, because it's not something you can help. Working on yourself will allow you to get through it.

Wow.

This has got to be the trashiest thing I have ever seen.
Assume that you said this to someone who was suffering from depression. Saying "you're obviously depressed, please leave and don't come back until you're better" is the worst possible thing to say.

You do not respect people.

You're just a nasty person who thinks they are morally and intellectually superior to anyone who disagrees with you.

#59 2018-08-21 01:39:18

hihibanana

Auner wrote:

The only people that won't be swayed by him are those that think for themselves. Those with not enough well-being (pein) to draw their own conclusions will follow him, and the mindsets he promotes, like sheep to a shepard. He might not know it, but he is leading an army of mentally unwell individuals. If he wasn't in this community, you would see no thread about "so many griefers," you wouldn't have a "griefing" problem in the game, and other people in-game would not be kill eachother for "griefing."

People who are unwell will grief. They will kill eachother, mess with eachother's progress and express their frustrations on other people. This is a huge distinction from trying to play the game. Look at what a griefer does: hides, messes with the farm, hides, is always trying to move items around, and hiding. You won't find a griefer, because they're always doing something. If you do, they look busy. If they're killing people, they're leading them off into the distance. Again, you won't see them. A true griefer will always find a way to cover their tracks, because of the inherent shame of having insecurities and mental health issues.

A griefer will accuse other people of griefing to hide their actions. People who support killing people for, "sponging" are griefers. Make no mistake. Do not fall for their (weak) manipulation. They're just going to try to lead you to do that same things.

Jason doesn't deserve to have zombies in his community.

Mirelli wrote:

I’m glad you know exactly what’s happening in my head, banana! Can you tell me what I’ll have for dinner tonight too? What am I thinking right now?!

Yes, though with dinner, I might be wrong.

Doctor Steve, do you know what narcissism is? Please look it up and work on your self-confidence issues. Other people aren't a tool to make you feel better. If you think I'm going to reply just to walk into a mental trap, nope. You're not the first narcissist I've met.

Last edited by hihibanana (2018-08-21 01:44:48)

#60 2018-08-21 01:45:59

Doctor Steve

hihibanana wrote:
Auner wrote:

The only people that won't be swayed by him are those that think for themselves. Those with not enough well-being (pein) to draw their own conclusions will follow him, and the mindsets he promotes, like sheep to a shepard. He might not know it, but he is leading an army of mentally unwell individuals. If he wasn't in this community, you would see no thread about "so many griefers," you wouldn't have a "griefing" problem in the game, and other people in-game would not be kill eachother for "griefing."

People who are unwell will grief. They will kill eachother, mess with eachother's progress and express their frustrations on other people. This is a huge distinction from trying to play the game. Look at what a griefer does: hides, messes with the farm, hides, is always trying to move items around, and hiding. You won't find a griefer, because they're always doing something. If you do, they look busy. If they're killing people, they're leading them off into the distance. Again, you won't see them. A true griefer will always find a way to cover their tracks, because of the inherent shame of having insecurities and mental health issues.

A griefer will accuse other people of griefing to hide their actions. People who support killing people for, "sponging" are griefers. Make no mistake. Do not fall for their (weak) manipulation. They're just going to try to lead you to do that same things.

Jason doesn't deserve to have zombies in his community.

Mirelli wrote:

Yes, though with dinner, I might be wrong.

Doctor Steve, do you know what narcissism is? Please look it up and work on your self-confidence issues. Other people aren't a tool to make you feel better. If you think I'm going to reply just to walk into a mental trap, nope. You're not the first narcissist I've met.

abf.png

#61 2018-08-21 01:46:44

hihibanana

Do you know what projecting is...? Hypocrisy is very common with narcissists btw.

Until you look up narcissism and work on yourself, this conversation will go nowhere. I'm mature enough not to engage (replying isn't engaging unless I talk about what you're talking about directly, which is your mental trap, disguised as "discussion"). You, on the other hand, will keep going. Stop while you can, and reflect.

Edit: I know as soon as I reply to someone else, you'll be up-and-at-em with a very very long post, pretending to be some sort of hero, again. You must stop, and reflect.

Last edited by hihibanana (2018-08-21 01:52:21)

#62 2018-08-21 01:53:32

Doctor Steve

hihibanana wrote:

Do you know what projecting is...? Hypocrisy is very common with narcissists btw.

Well butter my backside and call me a biscuit, I do know what projecting is! It's almost as if I'm an educated individual who knows what they're talking about...weird, right? Who would have thunk it?

You're just mad because you're wrong.

#63 2018-08-21 01:55:50

hihibanana

Doctor Steve wrote:

Doctor Steve

67c.gif

Edit: then you know you're projecting your insecurities about being educated enough in a passive-aggressive manner, as well as directly projecting your insecurities about the direction of this conversation (whether or not I'm wrong).

Last edited by hihibanana (2018-08-21 01:58:31)

#64 2018-08-21 01:58:09

CynderR

Bah, I say let the sponges be sponges. Maybe they learn a new trick or two.
Love players who are rp, but please try not to be offensive. Some of those sponges are 8yo.
One thing ya gotta keep in mind is some people are rp as murderers, trying to kill you for any reason including false accusations, and some as town protectors.
I say play but don't get worked up over anything. After all it's only you who can choose to be upset or happy.

#65 2018-08-21 02:17:23

Ben_efitThe7th

Well, I see a useless person and,
That’s a stabbin!

Don’t try to defend sponges that sit around and eat up the food and resources that productive players have made.

Sure, you have the right to play the game your own way, but at least try to cooperate with the players who want to work, like being useful WHILE role playing. I’m not the only one who said this and you seem to not understand.

I’m still going to stab people who just eat up resources and stand around, basically, give back what you take or a stabbin for u.

A person comparable to an awkward joke.

Curious's eve, Stew defender

#66 2018-08-21 02:45:13

I am Pharo

Woah, that GIF is pretty aggressive, why are you so mad?
Is it because your "truths" have gotten more shit from the community than wet compost?
Also, why can you never answer a question directly with out changing the subject, discrediting, and dismissing someone else?

How come you are the one using manipulative tactics like your many straw-man arguments,
yet you call me manipulative, multiple times.  Kinda Orwellian.

Show me one example of trying to manipulate people. 
I want to see what you define manipulation as. 
Is me asking you to do this manipulation to you?

#Questions

I have so many questions.

#67 2018-08-21 02:45:16

hihibanana

Ben_efitThe7th wrote:

Why?

Pharo, it's time to take more breaks. I can tell you're very close to a mental breakdown. What you're doing right now is trying to be manipulative, using the community as a tool to demean and break someone down. This is because you're trying to break yourself down because of self-consciousness and lack of well-being (this is known as projection). Relax, take a break. Work on yourself, because it will get better.

I thought the gif was funny.

Last edited by hihibanana (2018-08-21 02:48:49)

#68 2018-08-21 02:46:55

I am Pharo

Ben_efitThe7th wrote:

Sure, you have the right to play the game your own way, but at least try to cooperate with the players who want to work, like being useful WHILE role playing. I’m not the only one who said this and you seem to not understand.

I’m still going to stab people who just eat up resources and stand around, basically, give back what you take or a stabbin for u.

Exactly

#69 2018-08-21 02:48:48

I am Pharo

He says it right here, hihi

Ben_efitThe7th wrote:

sponges...sit around and eat up the food and resources that productive players have made.

That is why.

#70 2018-08-21 02:49:32

hihibanana

That isn't relevant to my question. Also, try to edit your old posts, so you don't double-post in the future.

Last edited by hihibanana (2018-08-21 02:53:19)

#71 2018-08-21 03:01:18

Tarr
Banned

Last time I'm going to post in this thread as OP is very clearly not here to have an open discussion but to throw insults around when someone disagrees.

hihibanana wrote:

A griefer will accuse other people of griefing to hide their actions. People who support killing people for, "sponging" are griefers. Make no mistake. Do not fall for their (weak) manipulation. They're just going to try to lead you to do that same things..

Even if Pein was to disappear or have never played the game in the first place people would still be upset with people who sponge. These people are essentially like your lazy coworker(s) who get nothing done while the rest are working double time to pick up for their slack. Yes, Pein can be on the extreme side at times I'm sure no one is here to disagree about that but regardless of whether he plays or not we would still have issues with griefing problems. If Pein was the only "griefer" we had in game I'm sure there wouldn't be other people running around with black text bubbles constantly.

I have no idea why you think griefers are some sort of god players. I personally used to think something along the lines until I started doing something about it. If you see someone running off into the woods with supplies to make a knife and they don't return with the file? That's probably someone who has no good intentions for your town. You see someone purposely picking up all the sterile pads and dropping them everywhere? Probably not someone you should be trusting. No one is perfect and eventually they'll get caught in their current life or the next.

This thread really should be closed. This whole thing has just been a one sided discussion where OP is sticking his fingers in his ears and not attempting to refute any of the points anyone has made. I'm not sure if OP is just a troll attempting to waste everyone's time or someone trying to get others to reaffirm his flawed ideas.

fug it’s Tarr.

#72 2018-08-21 03:04:10

Auner

Ya'll do yourselves a favor by reminding yourself this is a game- and if you aren't having fun play something else.

It's clear here there are two-sides being taken here. I am not to worried because you kill two players, you're red flagging yourself as a griefer as noted above so.

Also let's remember that mental health issues has zero connection with griefing. People with mental health issues are actually more likely to NOT grief because they really would have more fun being accepted than outcasted in-game.  Yes some griefers have anger problems-- but most of them in this game and beyond are just bored! It's getting to be about that time kids are just about all in school- and Jason isn't going to update much- so they're bored and they grief. Really, play a different game if you're bored guys.

Once upon a time there was a lizard who wanted to be a dragon...

#73 2018-08-21 03:18:40

hihibanana

Tarr wrote:

There is no insult being thrown around, unless you think mental illness is something someone should be ashamed for. If you paid attention to the needs of others, even through text, you can tell when someone needs help. You cannot pretend, just because this is only-text, that you cannot pick up on details of someone's behavior through implication, and connecting their replies to what they're replying to.

Pharo is the one causing people to grief by manipulating them to follow him (preaching poetry is just one example; also, did you notice that his name is basically Pharaoh?). Pein is just another follower of Pharo. You would kill your lazy coworker? If half the game are griefers, and the other half are new players, no one is going to get cursed and therefore marked. Griefers will put in all of their effort into hiding their tracks. They aren't gods, just very calculated due to pure passion. If someone is picking up pads and dropping them, I guarantee you it's a new player. If someone takes pads, and puts them into a trash can, or out into the woods, I promise you, that's your griefer.

If you're not paying attention to my messages, you'd draw the conclusion I wasn't listening, sure. But perhaps you should listen to the implications I have; instead of making assumptions based on that the majority of the replies in this thread (mind you, griefers tend to be on this forum due to the following/bad-apple effect). This is how I know you're not really reading in-between the lines, which I expect you to do.

Auner wrote:

Also let's remember that mental health issues has zero connection with griefing. People with mental health issues are actually more likely to NOT grief because they really would have more fun being accepted than outcasted in-game.  Yes some griefers have anger problems-- but most of them in this game and beyond are just bored! It's getting to be about that time kids are just about all in school- and Jason isn't going to update much- so they're bored and they grief. Really, play a different game if you're bored guys.

"Boredom" is often caused by depression. Real boredom drives you to do something productive. Depression drives you to do nothing, which makes you insecure about whether or not you're doing something productive. This causes you to force yourself to do something out of insecurity. Insecurities cause you to project and act out in spite/vulnerability. This is the cause of the griefing. Perhaps they enjoy themselves for a few minutes, thinking they're being productive, but the insecurities kick in, and the next thing you know, people are disappearing from the town, and there's a famine.

Remember, most mentally-ill people aren't able to accept help, and will express their insecurities in unhealthy ways until they stop and reflect. This is where trolls come from. Trolls = griefers. Trolls are mentally ill as well (unless they are a jokester; jokester =/= troll; I know this is a popular misconception). Trolls and griefers are the same thing, but griefers are put in a position to have power, and trolls aren't.

Last edited by hihibanana (2018-08-21 14:27:00)

#74 2018-08-21 03:24:11

I am Pharo

hihibanana wrote:
Ben_efitThe7th wrote:

Why?

Pharo, it's time to take more breaks. I can tell you're very close to a mental breakdown. What you're doing right now is trying to be manipulative, using the community as a tool to demean and break someone down. This is because you're trying to break yourself down because of self-consciousness and lack of well-being (this is known as projection). Relax, take a break. Work on yourself, because it will get better.

I thought the gif was intimidating funny.

What you're doing right now is trying to be manipulative,
using manipulative diversions and personal attacks
as a tool to demean and break someone down.
I'm not breaking.

Thanks for the inspiration

Love,
Pharo

#75 2018-08-21 03:25:19

hihibanana

No, I'm not. You're literally changing my words to suit your own agenda. It's time to stop and reflect.

If you think someone is attacking you when they're telling you to calm down and take a break, then perhaps you should reconsider if you're in the right mindset.

Last edited by hihibanana (2018-08-21 03:32:49)

Board footer