#26 2018-08-14 08:25:57

JonySky
Website

Re: Some interesting statistics

JonySky wrote:
MultiLife wrote:
JonySky wrote:

CAUSES OF DEATHS:
first I discovered that there are very few players that reach 60 years and that the murders are far from being the first cause of death in the game

Tantos ancianos se mueren de hambre después de que la alarma de hambre deja de sonar, podríamos tener tantas muertes más en la vejez. Muchos mueren de hambre mientras hablan o explican cosas.

yep ... but that is practically impossible to find out ... tomorrow I will review the elderly who reach 57 years old, the results will be approximately what you say

Today in the morning I have reviewed this data and I have created a graph showing all the deaths (any reason for death), this is the result
2018-08-14_09_54_20-_Microsoft_Excel_-_OKOKOKOK.xlsx.png

finally I have decided to count from 55 until 59
The figure is very high !!

I have also changed a graph because the data was not understood correctly

Last edited by JonySky (2018-08-14 08:29:05)

#27 2018-08-14 19:12:10

MultiLife

JonySky wrote:

Today in the morning I have reviewed this data and I have created a graph showing all the deaths (any reason for death), this is the result
(image)

Oh my god the drop from 55-59 to 60! big_smile That must be the alarm sound stopping, or then people dying mid-sentence due to the small stomach. I think most 55+ players are aiming for 60 so I want to believe that the majority were truly going for 60 but starved accidentally.

Maybe sometimes they are giving their items to someone in cold or hot area and far from village's foods (safer to give the items to the other player when far away from the town) and can't make it back in time to eat.

Thank you for the graphs! Fun stuff!

Last edited by MultiLife (2018-08-14 19:15:25)

Notable lives (Male): Happy, Erwin Callister, Knight Peace, Roman Rodocker, Bon Doolittle, Terry Plant, Danger Winter, Crayton Ide, Tim Quint, Jebediah (Tarr), Awesome (Elliff), Rocky, Tim West
Notable lives (Female): Elisa Mango, Aaban Qin, Whitaker August, Lucrecia August, Poppy Worth, Kitana Spoon, Linda II, Eagan Hawk III, Darcy North, Rosealie (Quint), Jess Lucky, Lilith (Unkle)

#28 2018-08-16 05:01:56

elpargo

where is this data source?

#29 2018-08-16 12:03:42

wondible

elpargo wrote:

where is this data source?

https://onehouronelife.com/forums/viewtopic.php?id=2529

https://onemap.wondible.com/ -- https://wondible.com/ohol-family-trees/ -- https://wondible.com/ohol-name-picker/
Custom client with  autorun, name completion, emotion keys, interaction keys, location slips, object search, camera pan, and more

#30 2018-08-16 14:41:09

TrustyWay

Dying at 60 is kinda a lost of time and waist of food, better die between 55 and 59 ofc

#31 2018-08-17 03:33:20

elpargo

JonySky wrote:
JonySky wrote:
MultiLife wrote:

Tantos ancianos se mueren de hambre después de que la alarma de hambre deja de sonar, podríamos tener tantas muertes más en la vejez. Muchos mueren de hambre mientras hablan o explican cosas.

yep ... but that is practically impossible to find out ... tomorrow I will review the elderly who reach 57 years old, the results will be approximately what you say

https://s33.postimg.cc/kt4529hsv/2018-0 … K.xlsx.png

This happens a lot to me by mistake I'm trying to do/finish something and I die of starvation at 50+ maybe it's something to look at  not sure if the sloop is too high but I almost always forget to eat enough.

#32 2018-08-17 23:15:05

Auner

Thank you so much for the data! i love this thread.

ALL FEAR THE NEW MOON!!!! hahhahaha

Once upon a time there was a lizard who wanted to be a dragon...

#33 2018-08-18 03:18:17

Schlorghan

JonySky wrote:
Schlorghan wrote:
JonySky wrote:

the people who respawn with a mother are much taller than the eves
https://s33.postimg.cc/9o00ptob3/2018-0 … o_de_M.png

Taller?
I dont get what you mean by being taller, all I can think about is their height. and we all have the same height in the end.
Explain bitte und danke

true, it was not understood very well, it is the fault of my English speaking
I have already changed the text

Thanks!

I prefer kidnapping to giving birth.

#34 2018-08-18 10:00:36

jord1990

Yeah I always let myself starve from 54+ and I know for a fact many others do it on purpose aswell.

your barely usefull and a huge food drain past 54. Its selfish to just keep eating in my eyes.

#35 2018-08-18 11:52:51

tana

TrustyWay wrote:

Dying at 60 is kinda a lost of time and waist of food, better die between 55 and 59 ofc

jord1990 wrote:

Yeah I always let myself starve from 54+ and I know for a fact many others do it on purpose aswell.

your barely usefull and a huge food drain past 54. Its selfish to just keep eating in my eyes.

i kind of disagree on that one, although i understand the logic.

if you're clever about the yum bonus, you can pretty much spend your end of life without eating.
I like to work till the very end, plus i usually eat only berries or popcorn so the waste is minimalized, i'd like to think that the work i keep doing kind of compensate the bit of waste of food.

I will be eve tana. If not an eve, my kids will be called numerically : Primo, Duo, Tertio, Quattro, Quintus, Sextus, Septimus, Octavius etc... ending with an -a if you're a girl.

#36 2018-08-18 12:24:55

MultiLife

tana wrote:
TrustyWay wrote:

jord1990 wrote:

i kind of disagree on that one, although i understand the logic.

if you're clever about the yum bonus, you can pretty much spend your end of life without eating.
I like to work till the very end, plus i usually eat only berries or popcorn so the waste is minimalized, i'd like to think that the work i keep doing kind of compensate the bit of waste of food.

Yes, I don't mind dying at 40-59 if I am in a camp that struggles with food as that's when you will be a drain, BUT! In good towns, with Yum bonus mastery, I think I should live as long as I can because I often teach others or tell all important locations like iron sources, bunnies and such to the next generations. At 55-60 I usually still save bushes and only sit in warmth and make sure to pass my knowledge on and I always make sure I work more than I eat (and I too feel like I have some rights over the food in the fields I have tended throughout my life).

And as an Eve in a good base, I totally want to live to 60 so I can keep spawning there and have people spawn in again too.

Last edited by MultiLife (2018-08-18 12:25:48)

Notable lives (Male): Happy, Erwin Callister, Knight Peace, Roman Rodocker, Bon Doolittle, Terry Plant, Danger Winter, Crayton Ide, Tim Quint, Jebediah (Tarr), Awesome (Elliff), Rocky, Tim West
Notable lives (Female): Elisa Mango, Aaban Qin, Whitaker August, Lucrecia August, Poppy Worth, Kitana Spoon, Linda II, Eagan Hawk III, Darcy North, Rosealie (Quint), Jess Lucky, Lilith (Unkle)

#37 2019-02-20 07:04:26

JoshuaN

jasonrohrer wrote:

Good stuff!

Would also be interesting to see line graphs of some of these stats as they change over time with the various updates.

Excellent idea! Would like to see a comparison of old data with data after the new temperature update!

Sustenance~   ( ・・)つ―{}@{}@{}-

#38 2019-02-20 09:22:47

stew

You have to consider that a lot of oldagers die at something like 57, that will as starvation.

#39 2019-02-20 17:56:40

JonySky
Website

Then I review it better and try to get more statistics, this data corresponds to today in the big server 2
2019-02-20-18-57-29-Microsoft-Excel-Libro1.jpg

Here I have not eliminated the deaths of less than 1 year (these can be suicidal babies and alter real deaths from hunger), when I have a few minutes I will clean the results

Last edited by JonySky (2019-02-20 17:58:47)

#40 2019-02-20 18:01:14

JonySky
Website

stew wrote:

You have to consider that a lot of oldagers die at something like 57, that will as starvation.

I will try to discover that percentage of people who die of hunger at age 57 ...

#41 2019-02-20 19:16:41

Tarr
Banned

stew wrote:

I mean you get to a point where it's just better to suicide in your elder years rather than to hit 60. I could reach 60 every life if I really wanted but my ability to work goes down significantly unless building yum chains to keep me working until the very last moment. I'd rather just suicide and come back as a baby to collect my gear and return to working.

fug it’s Tarr.

#42 2019-02-20 19:24:36

fragilityh14

I only starve as old if its a food crisis. Usually I pass on knowledge and encourage my descendants etc. Other times I'm tending berries or making pies till the last second.

For statistical purposes, deaths over 55 should count as old age.

Sudden infant death is a disconnect right?

Wait, what are animal deaths? that's a major form of death.

Last edited by fragilityh14 (2019-02-20 19:25:07)

I'll tell you what I tell all my children: Make basket, always carry food.

Listen to your mom!

#43 2019-02-20 19:50:08

JoshuaN

Comparing your old pie chart to your new pie chart based on percent of the population...
17.47% Died to disconnects (old) and new: 26.28% of deaths are disconnects.
Another observation is murder rate is much lower, 4.23% then as compared to 0.99% now. People must be a lot less bored now that everyone is starving. I would like an in game murderers perspective of how often they murder now as compared to before the update and if their playstyle has changed. Perhaps it was just a good day.

Another thing to note is the quantity of deaths in your first data set and the current one. Is this just because there are more players now?
If we could compare how many of those deaths were early deaths 0 sudden infant death, 0-2 child starving, and 3-15 early life.
I think its possible that the greater number of deaths correlates to the harder early life for naked & eve players.

Last edited by JoshuaN (2019-02-20 19:51:18)

#44 2019-02-20 19:55:40

JoshuaN

By the way there is data for deaths in list format for each server... but how do you analyze/compute it? I'm not keen on processing data especially in shorthand list format. I could brute force it but i have suspicion that you don't do it by hand, but if you do that's pretty amazing. I would die of old age before i finished that kind of work. I would like a comparison of percent of deaths that were murders and total number of murders a in a week before and after the update. How would you do that?

Last edited by JoshuaN (2019-02-20 19:58:33)

#45 2019-02-20 20:09:15

Greep

Important to note:  I think the rise in disconnects is due to the way that awbz's shift+del works.  Not 100% sure it would end up as that in the pie chart but I think it would.

Likes sword based eve names.  Claymore, blades, sword.  Never understimate the blades!

#46 2019-02-20 20:16:37

CrazyEddie

Tarr wrote:
stew wrote:

I mean you get to a point where it's just better to suicide in your elder years rather than to hit 60. I could reach 60 every life if I really wanted but my ability to work goes down significantly unless building yum chains to keep me working until the very last moment. I'd rather just suicide and come back as a baby to collect my gear and return to working.

You must recognize that you are something of an anomaly, yes?

Most people have a higher investment in the RP aspect of the end of their life.

#47 2019-02-20 21:03:24

JonySky
Website

I explain, to be fair I made another graph with the data of February 19 ... if you think it well the day 20 has not yet finished and the numbers can vary a lot ... the following graph that I show is a full day, without changes of numbers

Sin-t-tulo-1.jpg

Joshuan asked if within deaths by disconnection, sudden deaths are also included ... it is correct ...

I have filtered the total of deaths by disconnection and I have counted the deaths of less than 30 seconds of life (real time)

I remember that sudden death is only available for about 30 seconds + -

Here is the result:
Sin-t-tulo-2.jpg

I'm still reviewing data....

Last edited by JonySky (2019-02-20 21:12:37)

#48 2019-02-20 21:11:25

JonySky
Website

JoshuaN wrote:

Comparing your old pie chart to your new pie chart based on percent of the population...
17.47% Died to disconnects (old) and new: 26.28% of deaths are disconnects.
Another observation is murder rate is much lower, 4.23% then as compared to 0.99% now. People must be a lot less bored now that everyone is starving. I would like an in game murderers perspective of how often they murder now as compared to before the update and if their playstyle has changed. Perhaps it was just a good day.

Another thing to note is the quantity of deaths in your first data set and the current one. Is this just because there are more players now?
If we could compare how many of those deaths were early deaths 0 sudden infant death, 0-2 child starving, and 3-15 early life.
I think its possible that the greater number of deaths correlates to the harder early life for naked & eve players.

If I also noticed that the disconnections are now much more frequent, but remember that formerly we were separated into several servers (maximum of 60 players) and now we are all concentrated in a single server with an average of 150 players, logically the comparisons between the First graphic of this post with these graphics is very complicated.

The murders have gone down a lot, but I do not know if the deaths by snowballs are considered murder, disconnection or hungry ... maybe Jason could enlighten us with this

#49 2019-02-20 21:28:03

Greep

Pretty sure death by snowballs are considered hunger deaths.  It's possible I think to get an actual "kill" by snowball, tarr posted some images of where cause of death was snowball, but you have to repeatedly do it really fast, to the point where it's not worth doing.

Likes sword based eve names.  Claymore, blades, sword.  Never understimate the blades!

#50 2019-02-20 21:28:37

JonySky
Website

This is the filter of players who die of hunger with 55 - 59 years

I consider that these players could have finished 60 years perfectly, without difficulty, but possibly they have committed suicide ... or they have forgotten to eat because they did not listen to the bell.

At those ages I do not lend much attention to my bar of hunger ..., I consider that I can not do much more for my people ...

Sin-t-tulo-3.jpg

Board footer