One Hour One Life Forums

a multiplayer game of parenting and civilization building

You are not logged in.

#1 2018-08-06 08:00:50

The_Llamacorn

The Story of Gump

Gonna make this a short one (hopefully):

So got born into a decent sized town on server 3 to a pretty dumb mom, never talked to me (I don't even remember her name) but she named me Jack, Jack Gump.

Only a few seconds later I see this girl running past and she had a black text bubble. I knew what this meant and I was baffled at the fact that her mom had raised her until she was old enough to take care of herself despite this. But weirdly enough I didn't try to avoid her and did the opposite instead as I had never seen a black text bubble before. Her name was Abby Gump II.

I started to get to know her and she wasn't so bad at all, and before I knew it we were married and had a daughter named Jack II. She was the towns cook and I tried to help out but I just fucked up everything. We went on to have 5 kids together some of which we sacrificed to the burrito god because they didn't love their mother, and others just starved to death. In the end, we ended up with 2 kids, our firstborn daughter, Jack II, and our last born son, Jack II (who looked just like me).

But when we got older my wife suddenly went out on a killing spree murdering everyone except our kids and grandkids. Sadly, my only son got killed in the action by a rattlesnake. But this didn't stop Abby, she was determined. Despite her sudden craziness, I still supported her and I wasn't gonna let those fools kill my wife so I fed her and protected her. After every last one was gone I understood why she might have gotten that black text from. But our last daughter still loved her mother just as much and she loved her back.

We got to meet multiple grandkids including Jack Gump IV.

After that there's not much more to tell, someone came back and tried to kill Abby again but missed. I died of starvation at 50 and my wife died a little while after that. Good ol' times were had.

Family tree (on my side): http://lineage.onehouronelife.com/serve … &id=796857

Family tree (on Abby's side): http://lineage.onehouronelife.com/serve … &id=796870

Noobs are fine, but noobs that don't listen and refuse to learn, get on my nerves. Your ignorance will lead you to Donkey Town one day.

"Hugs from grandma"
-Rose Winter

#2 2018-08-06 09:02:24

Catfive

Re: The Story of Gump

Ahh I was born as grandson to Abby and she made sure I was fed when mom turned out to be a little scatter brained. I had intended killing Abby when she was older as she was a typical attention seeking teen and they die the best with lots of screaming and swearing and she was kind of just fucking up the colony for a giggle after all, but it was late in my timezone and I didn't have the patience at that time of night so instead I left you to it. Black text is always a death sentence in my eyes anyway smile
Sounds like fun as the husband in that scenario though, your 'now dear that's enough' made me chuckle

#3 2018-08-06 13:30:21

FishRfriendsnotfood
Banned

Neat, I haven't seen myself on anybodies shared family trees yet.  I was Jim gump born to Eva gump.  I'm honestly surprised there were 11 gens.

I'm fish, deal with it or don't, idgaf

#4 2018-08-06 20:04:18

Ribbz

I'll never understand you roleplayers.
I was Gyasi Gump, the boy who was trying to kill your "wife".
http://lineage.onehouronelife.com/serve … _id=797000

A couple of things I want to point out.

Jack Gump II didnt love her, read her last words.
Jack Gump IV suicided, I'm guessing because this playthrough left a bad taste in her mouth.

#5 2018-08-07 07:13:56

The_Llamacorn

You're literally "roleplaying" just by playing the game, only some decide to really put their heart into it.
What's the point of playing if all you do is work and not "roleplay" with anyone, people like that, who never say goodbye to their mother when they die, always seem kind of heartless to me.
This game is set up to be a roleplaying game, to build family-like relationships with people you've never met before. I think it's pretty wonderful, you always find lots of friends, and if you're lucky, even a husband or wife!
So I don't understand your complaining about "roleplayers", like you think you're better than them for some reason. It's just another way to play the game.
Also, your rage against my wife was pretty nasty, you can even see it in your last words; "Whore".

Jack Gump II was probably just smart enough to realize that if she said she didn't love her mother she would get killed so, kudos to her.

Jack Gump IV probably just had to go like her last words suggest, not because of how "horrible" my wife was, she probably wouldn't have casually said goodbye to everyone then.

Last edited by The_Llamacorn (2018-08-07 07:14:24)

Noobs are fine, but noobs that don't listen and refuse to learn, get on my nerves. Your ignorance will lead you to Donkey Town one day.

"Hugs from grandma"
-Rose Winter

#6 2018-08-07 08:49:55

JonySky
Website

I do not like murders in this game, and I do not defend them ... but there are assassins that give game, and assassins that give laughter ...

the killers that give laughter are those who kill an entire village without understanding the game, without any goal, without any reason ... kill everyone as if it were a game of PVP ... first attack fertile women. .. until they are alone ... finally put their typical phrase "I have killed them all" and commit suicide ... very absurd and simple.

But there are also murderers who give a game ... those who have a goal (for example the purges) or who want to reset their lineage and only leave those of their own blood ...

I repeat, I do not defend any murder to innocent people, but if someone has decided to be a mass murderer ... do not be a simple absurd and senseless murderer ...
Create your story, create an adventure so that others can tell it later ... create a role, a character.

damn it until Michael Myers has a story!

Board footer