One Hour One Life Forums

a multiplayer game of parenting and civilization building

You are not logged in.

#1 2018-08-05 20:37:34

MultiLife

Fanart - Jonathan Lucky and Jess Lucky (blood warning!)

Story of the picture:
Jess Lucky was born as her mother, Vienna Lucky, ran to do her errands (probably never noticing the birth of her daughter). Amber Lucky happened to be around, and took Jess under her wings along with another baby. Amber talked to the two babies, Jess sitting in place as the other baby waddled around.

When Amber picked up Jess to give her a name,
"You are Jes--",
an arrow was shot through her body from behind by a running murderer with his bow.
Jess fell from Amber's arms. The other baby ran away.
"Help", Amber called out to the villagers.

Jonathan, barely an adult himself, ran to the scene with his knife in his apron. Amber started to make her way slowly towards the medic's hut. Jonathan ran after the murderer. Jess couldn't feed herself yet and she was alone, only knowing where Jonathan was, so she waddled up to see the situation.

Jonathan stood in the desert alone with his bloodied knife. He was in the weakened "after-murder stupor" state in the burning heat.
Jess managed to utter a shortened 'thank you' to Jonathan. She proceeded to ask if he was OK. Jonathan requested food. Jess, now being able to hold items, ran off to find food for her savior.

Jess fed him pie, and Jonathan thanked the child. Amber's naming had been interfered which had left Jess unnamed, so Jonathan promised to name her after he was fully functional again. He recovered, and lifted Jess from the ground. As she was picked up, she said:
"Jess",
"You are Jess", he said almost at the same time. Seemed so that he had heard Amber's naming.

Amber had died, and Jonathan talked to Jess about her. She told him;
"She.. was.. my.. sur-roga-te.. mom..",
"Aww", Jonathan said, "I'll give you my apron and knife when I get old".

Jess went to live on as a productive part of the town, enjoying her life. Jonathan would zoom around, helping everyone, also stopping another murderer. He was a busy man, but Jess would always look forward to seeing him.

---Blood warning---
So here is fanart from me inspired by a life I had four days ago in the Lucky lineage (760379, Jess Lucky):
l9vvcFA.png
(Jess, the baby, is not hurt, she just has blood stains on her)

Jonathan Lucky: 760016
Thank you Amber Lucky and Jonathan Lucky! Thank you Amber for raising me up until your death, and thank you Jonathan for stopping the murderers, and working so hard for the town.

Also...
Pie rush!

y3XJIld.png

Last edited by MultiLife (2018-08-05 21:37:07)

Notable lives (Male): Happy, Erwin Callister, Knight Peace, Roman Rodocker, Bon Doolittle, Terry Plant, Danger Winter, Crayton Ide, Tim Quint, Jebediah (Tarr), Awesome (Elliff), Rocky, Tim West
Notable lives (Female): Elisa Mango, Aaban Qin, Whitaker August, Lucrecia August, Poppy Worth, Kitana Spoon, Linda II, Eagan Hawk III, Darcy North, Rosealie (Quint), Jess Lucky, Lilith (Unkle)

#2 2018-08-05 21:02:36

LodiaVDH

Re: Fanart - Jonathan Lucky and Jess Lucky (blood warning!)

Yay ! Another awesome fanart ! Thanks for sharing MultiLife

#3 2018-08-06 04:21:35

Lotus

AmaIng! That’s some raw talent!

#4 2018-08-06 04:47:20

Tea

Aaaaw this is so damn cute !!! <3 Love it so much

The one and only Eve Kelderman

#5 2018-08-06 20:39:36

MultiLife

LodiaVDH wrote:

Yay ! Another awesome fanart ! Thanks for sharing MultiLife

Woop! No problem, happy to hear you enjoyed! Thank you for the comment! big_smile

Lotus wrote:

AmaIng! That’s some raw talent!

Thank you! Years of practice!

Tea wrote:

Aaaaw this is so damn cute !!! <3 Love it so much

Aw, thank you! This game surely has its sweet moments. Warms my heart!

Notable lives (Male): Happy, Erwin Callister, Knight Peace, Roman Rodocker, Bon Doolittle, Terry Plant, Danger Winter, Crayton Ide, Tim Quint, Jebediah (Tarr), Awesome (Elliff), Rocky, Tim West
Notable lives (Female): Elisa Mango, Aaban Qin, Whitaker August, Lucrecia August, Poppy Worth, Kitana Spoon, Linda II, Eagan Hawk III, Darcy North, Rosealie (Quint), Jess Lucky, Lilith (Unkle)

#6 2018-08-07 21:48:15

jasonrohrer
Administrator

Posted to the home page.

Nice work!

#7 2018-08-07 23:08:00

Ribbz

So I highly doubt you'll believe me, but its Jonathon here. If I'm not mistaken I had ran off with either a cart of baskets or a cart and died out in the wild, it's been a minute since that life.

When I first saw this post it seemed familiar and today I decided to check the public life logs to confirm if it actually was me. I used my life as "River Moist" as a starting point so I could check the encrypted email for that life and then I checked the email for "Jonathan Lucky" and it came back as a positive.

Glad that life left a positive impact.

Sources:

Jonathon's life, the player ID is 1026759
Server 1 Life Log
Server 1 Name Log

River's life, the player ID is 185821
Server 5 Life Log
Server 5 Name Log

#8 2018-08-08 18:40:47

MultiLife

jasonrohrer wrote:

Posted to the home page.

Nice work!

Thank you! There is a small spelling error; the home page title says "Jesse" but it should be "Jess". smile

#9 2018-08-08 18:52:24

MultiLife

Ribbz wrote:

So I highly doubt you'll believe me, but its Jonathon here. If I'm not mistaken I had ran off with either a cart of baskets or a cart and died out in the wild, it's been a minute since that life.

When I first saw this post it seemed familiar and today I decided to check the public life logs to confirm if it actually was me. I used my life as "River Moist" as a starting point so I could check the encrypted email for that life and then I checked the email for "Jonathan Lucky" and it came back as a positive.

Glad that life left a positive impact.

Sources:

Jonathon's life, the player ID is 1026759
Server 1 Life Log
Server 1 Name Log

River's life, the player ID is 185821
Server 5 Life Log
Server 5 Name Log

Heyy! Glad you went through the trouble to check it, and happy to hear you found this piece as you were the main inspiration for it! big_smile
Yes, I saw you say that you were off to "get something back" but I didn't see what was going on at that time. If only we had backpacks, we had JUST baked the pile of pies when you took off in a hurry! After you had been gone for a while, I asked some villager if they had seen you (they had not); I wasn't interested in your apron or knife, I just wanted to know if you were somewhere there.

And yep, thank you for the experience, may the artwork speak for my gratitude. big_smile

#10 2018-08-08 22:05:53

Ribbz

MultiLife wrote:

And yep, thank you for the experience, may the artwork speak for my gratitude. big_smile

Your work does speak for itself, hell I wouldn't mind a print of it as long as it was in a decent price range.

Board footer