One Hour One Life Forums

a multiplayer game of parenting and civilization building

You are not logged in.

#1 2018-03-08 19:00:16

Zeromus

Bears!!!

The bears have been a really great addition to this game.  My most terrifying moments in this game are when I have a bear hot on my ass.  A particularly nasty area is north of Utopia.  There are three bears up there that will eat the crap out of you as you try to navigate the wetland trees.  One particularly mean bear you will notice by the arrow stuck in him.  They are HUNGRY!

I've also experienced invading bears.  I've had my entire village wiped out by bear attacks.  It's brutal, and great!

#2 2018-03-09 08:04:56

Durtturbine

Re: Bears!!!

They're the worst haha. Like 0.1 seconds after you see them in the corner of your screen ,you're dead.

"I see now that the circumstances of one's birth are irrelevant. It is what you do with the gift of life that determines who you are."      ― Takeshi Shudo

#3 2018-03-09 08:22:50

Baker

Just when I think my civ is doing good and that'll survive we normally get attacked by a bear and I know that my civ is fucked.

"I came in shitting myself and I'll go out shitting myself"

#4 2018-03-09 08:36:57

Tebe

Oh my god, it tickles me endlessly when a bear wanders into a village. It's so funny. Everything - everything is upset. The whole order of a place is thrown into chaos, with everyone dropping what they're doing to run from the bear. I laugh every time. Even if we're making great progress and things are going swell, the bear just makes for a hilarious time. Or when everything seems just ducky, and then someone runs through your screen shouting 'BEAR!' and then sure enough the bear shows up a second later. Oh my sides...

I've noticed they only seem to get terribly aggressive when they've bit hit with an arrow. I've sat my baby ass in front of a fire and just watched the chaos as a bear wanders around mostly harmlessly - I've had bears walk straight through my tile and not been killed.

But the bears with arrows sticking out of them... You bet I'm running for the hills.

#5 2018-03-09 09:40:51

Baker

It's so sad witnessing your entire village get eaten by a bear.

"I came in shitting myself and I'll go out shitting myself"

#6 2018-03-10 02:44:39

shoukanjuu

Could we please not have off-screen bear attacks, though? When the bear charges at you from past the top/bottom of the screen, where it can reach you in a single movement, you don't have time to react. I'm tired of dying that way.

#7 2018-03-10 18:29:17

Aprone

Yesterday (or the day before?) I was with a pretty good sized group.  A few bears charged in out of nowhere, possibly following someone, and tore people up.  In moments we lost 9 of my companions, leaving only me and a female baby.  I grabbed it and ran! I tried going back but the bears camped the area and I eventually just gave up.  Started a new life quite far from the original home, and I died of old age before the girl popped out any kids of her own.  I like to think she survived and started up a thriving community.

I've been given many odd names by my parents... "Bobo", "Rabbit", "JO", but that was the first time someone ended up giving me a name when I was already old.  She ("Sally") called me the bear thief.  Very cool name.  Now if only I could get cool names more often, haha!

Last edited by Aprone (2018-03-10 18:33:07)

Board footer