One Hour One Life Forums

a multiplayer game of parenting and civilization building

You are not logged in.

#1 2018-07-27 09:23:25

Catfive

Deliberately lagging server out

This has just happened in a thriving community where a teleporter spammer in a rock walled sealed room spammed milkweed seeds incessantly.

Don't tell me 'you could have found a pickaxe blah blah then a knife etc' unless you are saying the game is hunting out griefers?

Needs a fix to stop teleporters working altogether imho. I can't think of a single reason to have that bug in game

#2 2018-07-27 09:27:16

Catfive

Re: Deliberately lagging server out

Just as an explanation it caused massive lag and game became unplayable - in my book that's an account ban?

Character name Tom White time stamp 10 minutes or so before this post

Last edited by Catfive (2018-07-27 09:28:05)

#3 2018-07-27 09:57:13

Berry Good

Here are some screenshots of his antics:

griefer_a.jpg

griefer_b.jpg

griefer_c.jpg

As Cat described, Tom White sealed himself in a stone room with pies and used a teleporter to shoot milkweed seeds across the village. When the milkweed plant despawned, he planted a new one and started the process over again. Meanwhile, his friend (Lorenzo White) murdered all the females in the town.

The lag experienced is game-breaking. I really suggest a nerf to milkweed.

#4 2018-07-27 10:07:38

JonySky
Website

Catfive wrote:

Just as an explanation it caused massive lag and game became unplayable - in my book that's an account ban?

Character name Tom White time stamp 10 minutes or so before this post

I think it would be better to place the genealogical tree of the griefer
And if ..., the problem of griefers, teleporter systems, and intentional lag is a real problem right now

thinking: when this problem is solved, other things that griefers can take advantage of to continue with their absurd shits

Last edited by JonySky (2018-07-27 10:10:53)

#5 2018-07-27 10:29:22

Berry Good

JonySky wrote:

I think it would be better to place the genealogical tree of the griefer

Here he is.

#6 2018-07-27 11:12:32

FounderOne

A lot of griefers are out there atm. A few days ago I spawned in a civ - found several bears running around. No one cared for me. Next Civ like three bears, also no one cared. Third one, again two bears. I got fed and grew to a young boy, meanwhile all women ran into the bears and left were one boy and a old lady... Who let the bears out? I dont know! Curse you unkown fucktard!

Its a rought world - keep dying untill you live <3

#7 2018-07-27 11:20:44

Dacen

Same here, since yesterday morning, three live, two with griefers, one with seed trick, one with bears and weapons... With the influx of new people i guess we can't only have the good guys.

But i must say this room looks like some efforts have been put in, all is well prepared, to annoy people is a serious task for this Tom.

#8 2018-07-27 12:06:42

Tarr
Banned

From the looks someone left a building unfinished and the guy ended up having to put up two walls. If you're looking to nerf the seeds just reduce the time to pick seeds from a fruiting milkweed since it's the only one that's debris last more than a minute (Fruiting lets you pick seeds from its debris for up to ten minutes.) Either that or just limit the seeds. 

If he kept replanting the milkweed in the center you could have easily built your own teleporter outside and either used a child to go inside and eat up his supplies or sent a kid in followed by a knife to dispatch of him. Clearly it's easy to look back and solve the issues without actually being there to experience it first hand.

fug it’s Tarr.

#9 2018-07-27 12:25:54

JonySky
Website

I do not understand how he managed to live 60 years locked in a room with only 7 cakes

Last edited by JonySky (2018-07-27 12:41:44)

#10 2018-07-27 12:32:44

Alleria

JonySky wrote:

I do not understand how he managed to live 60 years locked in a room with only 6 cakes

Easily. 7 carrot pies will get you to 60.

"Words build bridges into unexplored regions"

#11 2018-07-27 12:53:36

YAHG

Lol... You guys curse him?

"be prepared and one person cant kill all city, if he can, then you deserve it"  -pein
https://kazetsukai.github.io/onetech/#
https://onehouronelife.com/forums/viewtopic.php?id=1438

#12 2018-07-27 13:32:29

Catfive

Tarr wrote:

From the looks someone left a building unfinished and the guy ended up having to put up two walls. If you're looking to nerf the seeds just reduce the time to pick seeds from a fruiting milkweed since it's the only one that's debris last more than a minute (Fruiting lets you pick seeds from its debris for up to ten minutes.) Either that or just limit the seeds. 

If he kept replanting the milkweed in the center you could have easily built your own teleporter outside and either used a child to go inside and eat up his supplies or sent a kid in followed by a knife to dispatch of him. Clearly it's easy to look back and solve the issues without actually being there to experience it first hand.

Limiting the seeds seems the simplest, smartest way to act by the devs.
I've no experience of sending stuff through teleporters but understand the concept of the glitch.

Causing the game to perform sub par (Ddos, causing lag intentionally etc) are usually dealt with by a banned account and a fix following swiftly in everything I have played in my 20+ years online gaming. I hope to see the same here. Common griefing such as murder rampages destroying crap and the like I can deal with using legit, standard in game mechanisms.
I'd happily see an account curse for this however, then he still has access but will be on the receiving end, every time he spawns smile

Yes of course we cursed him, not many know how to do this surprisingly though.

#13 2018-07-27 17:21:57

Neo

Pretty sure you can just make a fire and burn the seeds as he spawns them.

Last edited by Neo (2018-07-27 17:32:49)

#14 2018-07-27 17:52:56

Tarr
Banned

Seems weird now that I double check that this caused lag. I very much used to do this sort of thing with corn kernels to teleport when we originally thought they were toys. Attempting to replicate this on an empty server as eve provided no lag but take that as a grain of salt considering it was just me spamming the teleporter passed max capacity.

If it does happen to cause lag you can only probably replicate it in a rather busy and filled town (Bigger than uber alles or the one with houses next to the teleporter.)

fug it’s Tarr.

#15 2018-07-27 18:37:03

Berry Good

YAHG wrote:

You guys curse him?

The curse system wasn't very effective here.

Because there were two griefers working simultaneously, a few cursed Tom White while others used their tokens on Lorenzo White for killing their daughters.

I'm sure he didn't die with anywhere near the curses needed for black speech in his next life.

#16 2018-07-27 19:08:03

Berry Good

Neo wrote:

Pretty sure you can just make a fire and burn the seeds as he spawns them.

True, but this style of griefing has become extremely popular as of late.

If this game turns into "Jason Rohrer's Seed Burning Simulator 2018", I think it's fair to say that players will mosey on over to greener pastures, lol.

#17 2018-07-27 19:40:16

willfrank84

Heh. I was in that town at the tme. My mom was lily white. I saw her get murdered and I ran to tell everyone but everyone said maybe it was a mistake. I went to make a bow and arrow but a boar got me. Came back as a female but at the age of 4 or 5 Lorenz stabbed me. I ran aground town saying Lorenz again as the guy in the house laughed. Had they killed Lorenz the first time maybe they would have made it.

#18 2018-07-27 20:44:00

Star

I was the very first child of the eve of this line. It makes me sad to see how it turned out.

Bob <3

#19 2018-07-27 21:45:36

FeignedSanity

Catfive wrote:

This has just happened in a thriving community where a teleporter spammer in a rock walled sealed room spammed milkweed seeds incessantly.

Don't tell me 'you could have found a pickaxe blah blah then a knife etc' unless you are saying the game is hunting out griefers?

Needs a fix to stop teleporters working altogether imho. I can't think of a single reason to have that bug in game

While I do agree that teleporters should be fixed, you should also take it upon yourself to do what is in your means to counter. I will tell you to get a pickax and a knife; because as long as there are people that are trying to build, there will be people trying to destroy. And honestly, that's part of the beauty of this game; it doesn't take care of these people for you. It's up to you to take matters into your own hands. You have the tools, they just need to be used. Luckily, you can just throw these in a fire. While it is a pain, at least they didn't have dried corn and a flint chip.

Believe you're right, but don't believe you can't be wrong.
-----------------------------------------------------------------
Days peppers/onions/tomatoes left unfixed: 120
Do your part and remind Jason to fix these damn vegetables.

#20 2018-07-27 22:28:32

third.eye

I'm impressed by the ideas people come up with though. In the end it helps fixing the game. ;-)

Last edited by third.eye (2018-07-27 22:30:28)

#21 2018-07-27 22:49:12

Uncle Gus

That's kind of like saying "criminals are good because without criminals we wouldn't have the police!"

#22 2018-07-28 12:34:54

Anthraxes

Star wrote:

I was the very first child of the eve of this line. It makes me sad to see how it turned out.

Hey Charly, it's me, Eve White! We didn't talk too much but thank you a lot for helping me out on that spawn. It wasn't the best area but we worked like crazy lol.

I wish I could've spawned in that Town once more, tried to respawn for like 6 times until I gave up on it.. It's sad to see what happened to it, we ran around like crazy working on that farm to get the Berry bushes up.. The only time I checked on the lineage I saw Lorenzo being the "killer" of the Town by stabbing others (Someone mentioned it with his last words)

I do hope that griefing teleporter stuff gets fixed, it's causing a huge mess if not only for lag it will mess up the whole area.

Lorenzo & Tom I'll never forgive you two to waste all my efforts as an eve like that!

#23 2018-07-28 20:51:27

Star

Anthraxes wrote:
Star wrote:

Hey Charly, it's me, Eve White! We didn't talk too much but thank you a lot for helping me out on that spawn. It wasn't the best area but we worked like crazy lol.

I wish I could've spawned in that Town once more, tried to respawn for like 6 times until I gave up on it.. It's sad to see what happened to it, we ran around like crazy working on that farm to get the Berry bushes up.. The only time I checked on the lineage I saw Lorenzo being the "killer" of the Town by stabbing others (Someone mentioned it with his last words)

I do hope that griefing teleporter stuff gets fixed, it's causing a huge mess if not only for lag it will mess up the whole area.

Lorenzo & Tom I'll never forgive you two to waste all my efforts as an eve like that!

I actually made it back in a whole other family! It was thriving. Both lives were really fun.

Bob <3

#24 2018-07-28 20:54:29

Anthraxes

Star wrote:
Anthraxes wrote:
Star wrote:

I actually made it back in a whole other family! It was thriving. Both lives were really fun.

I wish I could've seen that place one more time.. A thriving village developing from that little plot of berrybushes we planted smile

#25 2018-07-28 20:56:42

Star

Anthraxes wrote:
Star wrote:
Anthraxes wrote:

I wish I could've seen that place one more time.. A thriving village developing from that little plot of berrybushes we planted smile

We had plenty of pies. I can say that. There were various food sources but looking at the lineage, it only lived for a few more gens.

Bob <3

Board footer