One Hour One Life Forums

a multiplayer game of parenting and civilization building

You are not logged in.

#1 2018-07-25 10:25:02

Spot

Is 'One Hour One Life' worth it?

Hey,
I just discovered this game yesterday from youtube gameplays and I really enjoy the life concept of this game.

I wanted to ask you if it's worth it?

1. Does the main servers work really well? No lag or speed-up (or other glitches I've seen on youtube)?

2. How often the apocalypse happens?

3. MOST IMPORTANT: Are there hackers? (that use infinite health/speed-up/infinte items/etc.)

Last edited by Spot (2018-07-25 10:37:59)

#2 2018-07-25 10:34:04

Alleria

Re: Is 'One Hour One Life' worth it?

1. Every game has lag and other bugs. While OHOL is no different in that regard, it does have an excellent developer who is constantly bug-fixing and optimising the game while also adding new content. Over the past couple weeks there has been a notable spike in lag, but it's only a minor nuisance and is currently under investigation and it looks like Jason has found a few potential fixes.

2. The apocalypse hasn't happened in a few months and likely won't until the tech tree advances to a point where it's genuinely difficult.

3. No, none whatsoever.

I want to emphasise that this isn't a competitive game and more a cooperative experience.

"Words build bridges into unexplored regions"

#3 2018-07-25 10:56:31

FounderOne

Spot wrote:

Hey,
I just discovered this game yesterday from youtube gameplays and I really enjoy the life concept of this game.

I wanted to ask you if it's worth it?

1. Does the main servers work really well? No lag or speed-up (or other glitches I've seen on youtube)?

2. How often the apocalypse happens?

3. MOST IMPORTANT: Are there hackers? (that use infinite health/speed-up/infinte items/etc.)

What a question!

Its an awesome game. Go for it! The 20 bucks for main server access are worth it.

Its a rought world - keep dying untill you live <3

#4 2018-07-25 11:57:37

Anshin

Yes! Totally worth it!

1. It's a new online game, there's little hiccups but optimization is happening all the time.
2. The apocalypse is turned off for now.
3. There are no hackers but there is a healthy mod community.
    I recommend the Zoom mod (hopefully it makes it into the official game soon...)
    https://onehouronelife.com/forums/viewtopic.php?id=1467

This is a one man indie game that actually delivers, and deserves all the support it can get!
It gets better and better every week smile

#5 2018-07-25 15:33:43

Lotus

1.) Since it is a fairly new online game, there are a few bugs that need to be squashed. But the developer Jason has weekly updates and has taken care of the majority of the glitches. There is a bit of a lag issue, as stated by Alleria, but it should be taken care of soon.
2.) The apocalypse was turned off at the end of April and hasn’t been available dense. Monoliths are still around the world, but unusable and more as decor and a tribute to that dark time.
3.) There are no hackers or exploiters. Just annoying griefers, like every game has.

I recommend buying it. I play for 5-8 hours a day and I never get bored. It’s a great experience!

If I ever see you IG, I’ll try to teach you.

#6 2018-07-25 15:43:06

Alleria

Lotus wrote:

3.) There are no hackers or exploiters. Just annoying griefers, like every game has.

Not necessarily a con though. There's nothing more satisfying than plunging a knife or arrow into the heart of a filthy griefer!

"Words build bridges into unexplored regions"

#7 2018-07-25 16:41:00

Turnipseed

You will get your moneys worth

Be kind, generous, and work together my potatoes.

#8 2018-07-25 17:55:10

WalrusesConquer

You won't regret it!

Recent favorite lives:
Favio Pheonix,Les Nana,Cloud Charles, Rosa Colo [fed my little bro] Lucas Dawn [husband of magnolia] Jasmine Yu,Chogiwa, Tae (Jazz meister)Gillian Yellow (adoptive husband),Jason Dua, Arya Stark, Sophie Cucci, Cerenity Ergo ,Owner of Boris The Goose,Being Maria's mom, Santa's helper.

#9 2018-07-25 19:47:43

Berry Good

I completely agree with the comments in this thread. It's certainly worth $20.

If you're a fan of the survival-style genre, you'll definitely enjoy this game. That said, OHOL is very unique, so research and practice are a must. You'll need to do your homework, read the forums for guides, hone your skills, and ask questions to master how to play.

Yes, there are occasional bugs, but as other players have stated, Jason works hard to resolve them as quickly as possible. I've been playing for a few months now, and I've really enjoyed watching this game develop.

EDIT:

Also! I think Jason saw/read Ready Player One this past Spring, so he ends all his update emails with, "Thanks. Thanks for playing my game".

It's just so adorbs I can't even stand it.

Last edited by Berry Good (2018-07-25 20:01:17)

#10 2018-07-25 20:27:33

willfrank84

100% worth it. Server disconnects are very very rare. Lag is usually manageable except in extremely cluttered active servers but that is being worked on and I have only seen it a few times. Apocalypse is turned off, thank goodness. Active discord community makes cooperative play even more enjoyable. Frequent meaningful updates. Don't expect futuristic tech any time soon though lol.

#11 2018-07-25 20:30:46

Turnipseed

You will die... ALOT think darksouls but harder lol

Be kind, generous, and work together my potatoes.

#12 2018-07-25 21:40:04

Berry Good

Turnipseed wrote:

You will die... ALOT think darksouls but harder lol

giphy.gif

Board footer