One Hour One Life Forums

a multiplayer game of parenting and civilization building

You are not logged in.

#1 2018-07-24 22:42:17

Meerkax

Customization option?

I was thinking maybe you could pick how you look. You could pick your female and male look. Maybe, there could be special looks for certain achievements like making your first piece of clothing (All by yourself) and smithing an axe (All by yourself). I feel like this would make players want to learn more about certain things and to help know if someones new or good.

An example would be extra hair colors, extra mustaches, etc.

This would be hard to put in the game, since you would have to add a lot more to the models and all that, but it would make me play a lot more personally, because i love games where there are achievements to unlock new things.

But again, this could be a bad idea in certain ways, but i generally think its a good idea.

#2 2018-07-24 22:48:23

Schlorghan

Re: Customization option?

Or maybe you can unlock different skins but they are still chosen randomly (with your parents influencing them). As i really like how there is a bit of genetics but I also really enjoy customizing.

I prefer kidnapping to giving birth.

#3 2018-07-25 06:54:04

JonySky
Website

I have long suggested the suggestion of skin paintings, war paintings, body painting, tatoos ...

imagine a group of survivors dancing around a fireplace with painted skin preparing for war

#4 2018-07-25 08:40:46

Aurora Aurora

I dont think a game like this should gave any achivement or unlocking/customazation mechanic. But I do think we should randomize the characters. Like have a set of mouths, eyes, skincolors, hair etc etc and have them all randomized to a character.

One of the original veterans.
Go-to person for anything roleplay related.
4 years in the community.
Unbanned from the discord.

#5 2018-07-25 12:17:51

Anshin

I absolutely support Mendelian genetics and many many more character options.
I'm not sure if character customization is the right way to go, because part of what makes this game special is the reality that we don't get to chose where we're born, what we look like, who our family is... It's what we do with that life that matters.
More clothing, hair styling, henna body art, battle scars, options for after we are born would be nice for sure.
I also support the scrawny-healthy-fat dynamic body types options so that we can see if a baby is starving, or if someone is a perpetual over eater.

More random options in game, and a character creator for making an avatar here would be nice!

#6 2018-07-25 20:59:37

The_Llamacorn

When I just started the game I thought customization was cool too but I don't think it fits in this game. When you are born you are kinda put into a role and if you always looked the same you would be the same person all the time. And not to mention that genetics wouldn't work at all if there was customization.

So I'm all for genetics and not choosing your look.

Noobs are fine, but noobs that don't listen and refuse to learn, get on my nerves. Your ignorance will lead you to Donkey Town one day.

"Hugs from grandma"
-Rose Winter

#7 2018-07-26 02:14:34

Spiegel

It would be nice, and I assume pretty simple, if there was like, some kind of item you could make out of bonechips or sommat like a comb. Like, give every model a second hair variation based on whether you used the reusable comb or not.

#8 2018-07-26 02:18:26

zennyrpg

Spiegel wrote:

It would be nice, and I assume pretty simple, if there was like, some kind of item you could make out of bonechips or sommat like a comb. Like, give every model a second hair variation based on whether you used the reusable comb or not.

Yes.  You don't choose your genetics, but you absolutely should be able to choose your style.

Board footer