One Hour One Life Forums

a multiplayer game of parenting and civilization building

You are not logged in.

#1 2018-07-21 14:47:03

Ellesanna

New and Excited

Hey I’ve been shadow stalking this game since March via YouTube and I’m thinking about getting the game soon in light of the family lineage update and start playing. I kind of know how to play but I still don’t know how to do everything despite binge reading the forum and watching YouTube videos. Yet, I don’t want to be a useless carrot muncher who doesn’t know how to play and ends up killing a village and an entire lineage with my own ignorance. Someone who would be willing to mentor me in the ways of not dying and contributing to the continuation or wh family line would be swell. I really love the idea of a family working together to survive and prosper in a harsh unforgiving world, it’s kind of like real life except your family blames you for the divorce and infant mortality is considerably lower.

#2 2018-07-21 14:49:10

startafight

Re: New and Excited

u should go for it! its a great game. ive compiled a bunch of resources here https://onehouronelife.com/forums/viewt … 807#p23807 for new players. hope u find a good family!

edit: also i recc reading at least the dirt and wells guide before jumping in. the farming and smithing guide is important too but not as annoying to teach as dirt and wells. pein's temp guide is important too

Last edited by startafight (2018-07-21 14:54:12)

#3 2018-07-21 16:14:07

Valences42

Welcome!

I'd offer you stew on behalf of RedBug, but I'm not a good cook... Ha!

Have a clump of indigo instead!  I traveled a few biomes away to get it just for you.  Purple is my favorite color.

#4 2018-07-21 18:00:07

Jk Howling

Welcome to the game!

I'd be happy to mentor you via twinning if you'd like.

Can help you cover the basics of starting out as an eve and forging iron tools if you need it. There's also a bunch of resources and guides on the forums you can find for just about everything, though they might vary in quality and comprehension. I'd definitely advise OneTech for any crafting recipes you're unsure of.

Feel free to hit me up on Discord @Jk Howling#4468 if you'd like to follow up on the mentor idea.

-Has ascended to better games-

#5 2018-07-21 18:18:24

WomanWizard

Jk beat me to it, but I'm also willing to twin mentor. Just let me know if you're interested! startafight's tutorial's are great too. I'd recommend give them a read smile

#6 2018-07-21 18:21:21

third.eye

Ellesanna, don't make this whole process too complicated. It's also nice to learn by doing and just jumping in with your great attitude. People will teach you in game or you just use model learning by watching. ;-)

#7 2018-07-21 19:12:08

Ellesanna

Thank you to everyone who responded! It’s nice to feel welcomed and that so many people leapt to help and contribute knowledge and resources to a newbie. My computer is, unfortunately, out of commission and I don’t know when it will be back- but as soon as it is I plan to buy and begin playing the game and maybe take up one of those mentoring opportunities some people have offered. Thank you all for your kindness <3

Last edited by Ellesanna (2018-07-21 19:13:13)

#8 2018-07-22 04:35:39

YAHG

You might want to accept your uselessness and roll with it. I used to only be able to farm carrots till one day I learned how to compost and another how to smith.

"be prepared and one person cant kill all city, if he can, then you deserve it"  -pein
https://kazetsukai.github.io/onetech/#
https://onehouronelife.com/forums/viewtopic.php?id=1438

#9 2018-07-22 05:06:46

Ti

The best way to learn is by playing. I also shadow-stalked on YouTube until I was just like 'screw it I want to actually play the game and not watch other people play it.' You don't have to know everything, or really anything at all. I learned a ton from being an Eve who failed to spawn successful children, and from being the only man surviving, because then I could tinker around without stress. It's okay to say you're new and ask for advice. I still don't know how to smith for sure (just haven't gotten around to trying it through the whole process, I know some pieces), but there are so many other ways to help out.

Don't stress. It's a game about teaching and learning as much as survival. Go play.

#10 2018-07-22 05:08:04

YAHG

Most important thing to know is to eat before you kill people.
You can't drop the weapon for like a whole minute..

"be prepared and one person cant kill all city, if he can, then you deserve it"  -pein
https://kazetsukai.github.io/onetech/#
https://onehouronelife.com/forums/viewtopic.php?id=1438

#11 2018-07-22 17:01:08

Lotus

Hey! Welcome to OHOL, I’ll try to teach you if we ever meet in game.

A few things that might help in the early days:
1. Always pick fruiting milkweed, that way you can get seeds.
2. Always pick cacti fruits, they despawn if not picked for a while and are a GREAT food.
3. Only snare rabbit family holes, otherwise rabbits won’t respawn there.
4. As an Eve, best spot is in a desert near grasslands and swamp.
5. Be careful when handling weapons, right-clicking kills.

Board footer