One Hour One Life Forums

a multiplayer game of parenting and civilization building

You are not logged in.

#1 2018-07-21 00:32:22

startafight

soup for son

i was born to a moderate, nameless village. apparently the eve had not named herself.

my ma raised me in the farm and i got to work as a girl, trying to farm with diverse crops so the soup makers and sheep raisers could rely on our resources. early on in my youth i tried making soup. lacy, my cousin, saw i had a lil trouble with getting the water out of the bean bowl and gave me a hand. she worked hard all the way to her elderly years, making enough soup for the whole town. i decided soup wasnt my calling and went back to providing the ingredients for soup

in my life i didnt have that many kids and the town was peaceful. so when my boy, beautiful, said he was new i decided to go all in and teach him all i could about farming. im afraid i neglected my other sons in my effort to teach him, but i hope they knew i loved them all equally. i taught beautiful how to plant squash, beans, carrots, corn. i told him of the importance of providing soup ingredients, and when a kind lad finally caught us a sheep i told him of the importance of growing wheat and carrots

on the farm my mother, lucky, died. i named my last son after her and she gave me the knife to protect the town. but i wouldnt need to. it was so small. i buried her and lacy near a tranquil bear cave to the south, so they would be protected beyond the grave

the only real threat to our town was the fact we had no girls left. my last child was a girl, one i named allisson. but she died in my arms as i instructed my son how to farm. regardless, our town kept hope that a girl would come in from the brush to save us

in my twilight years i taught my son to bury the dead. to honor them with headstones and sacrifices. he told me he would bury me. i wish i showed him where i buried mom and lacy

time passed quickly and i knew the end was close. but beautiful came to me one day and asked me how to cook. i remembered lacy and decided the tradition of soup must go on

i taught him to cut the squash and wash the beans but i was decaying as i stood. the four hunger bars glared at me as i tried to finish the soup on time. i snatched the corn sliced it up in the bowl, pouring it and water in the pot with just enough time to say, "soup. for son"

http://lineage.onehouronelife.com/serve … &id=639764

Last edited by startafight (2018-07-21 00:35:07)

#2 2018-07-21 00:54:11

TheRedBug

Re: soup for son

Legend.

STEW! STEWWWWW!!!

#3 2018-07-21 01:09:03

startafight

TheRedBug wrote:

Legend.

i wrote this specifically for u. glad u like <3

#4 2018-07-21 01:29:17

Turnipseed

Please dont teach kids to bury bodies it is a waste of a shovel unless they were super great citizens

Be kind, generous, and work together my potatoes.

#5 2018-07-21 01:55:27

startafight

Turnipseed wrote:

Please dont teach kids to bury bodies it is a waste of a shovel unless they were super great citizens

i was a super great citizen and deserved a grave

#6 2018-07-21 03:02:43

YAHG

startafight wrote:
Turnipseed wrote:

i was a super great citizen and deserved a grave

That is what they all say ;D

Did you make sure to leave some grains on the ground as offerings to TheRedBug?

Legend has it that he noms them when no one is looking...

"be prepared and one person cant kill all city, if he can, then you deserve it"  -pein
https://kazetsukai.github.io/onetech/#
https://onehouronelife.com/forums/viewtopic.php?id=1438

Board footer