One Hour One Life Forums

a multiplayer game of parenting and civilization building

You are not logged in.

#1 2018-03-08 00:48:53

SovietBear

Feature suggestion - lore

May be someone already suggested something like this, but I have not seen such topics yet.

Here is two different options:
1. Last words. Once player dies - pop up a dialog, where he can write the story of his life, or some last words, how he died, etc. Once someone finds his remainings - he can read this message. Come on, is't this great?
2. Name of the city. I aknowledge that this one is tricky and harder to implement. For example, once an Eve places her first marker in the middle of nowhere, she can write the name of the city, list the founders, may be something else?
Once people enter the city in the future - they see this message.

Some parts can be generated automatically, like the cause of death or the date of foundation.

Sorry for my englando.

Your child, your brother and your grandpa.

#2 2018-03-08 02:50:22

Doctor Flintrock

Re: Feature suggestion - lore

I know players are pining for some legacy and closure, because you die and it feels unfulfilling somehow, but then I really don't think I need to learn about the origins of some player-named town, like say DildoTown 2, and the story of its founder, DildoJedediah, and all the children DildoJebediah had (who all had equally terrible names) who feuded about what to name their town, so DildoTown 3 and FourTwentySixtyNineopolis were born, and. . .  what I'm say is: I've already met some terrible people and I hope they don't get to leave a mark on anything.

#3 2018-03-08 04:58:45

yvanhooe

We could have pictograms of objects in the world and be able to engrave them on stuff. Don't write latin letters. And it could be hard to do.

plank + saw -> blank sign
flint + blank sign -> sign ready to be engraved
sign ready to be engraved + hammer -> berry-sign with pick
berry-sign with pick + hammer -> baby-sign with pick
baby-sign with pick + hammer -> carrot-sign with pick
carrot-sign with pick -> wolf-sign with pick

etc...

So in order to name a place you would put a series of sign at a central or entrance place. Box Eden could for instance be "Wall-Milkweed-Wall" and one-line farm could be "Plot-Plot-Plot"

I am sure people will get creative to make offensive things but I would say that the "Baby Stick" city is a step up from "PenisTown".

EDIT: Actually you could do something like that today, but it is pretty hard, by putting the objects representing your desired name inside a walled enclosure so that no one can take them.

Last edited by yvanhooe (2018-03-08 07:11:40)

#4 2018-03-08 07:12:32

NIKS YMNI GNIL WARK

i think we should try making lore on the forums i've seen a little god worship on thing on the board.

tybr smiles upon you.

Board footer