One Hour One Life Forums

a multiplayer game of parenting and civilization building

You are not logged in.

#1 2018-03-07 20:14:06

dongriffen

Naming your children and self-naming.

Ok, forgive me if this seems a little bit over-the-top in terms of roleplay, but I do think it has some actual value in the meta of the game as well.

Discord users were talking about how to identify each other in the world (since we're making friends, it would be nice to know if we run into each other). This is tricky seeing as how there are no user names in the game, simply anonymous, randomly-generated character models. So I mentioned something that I do which is, as soon as I can, telling my mother what my name is. And really anyone around who will listen. That way, if I am a notable contributor to the village, they will maybe remember me and possibly remember me in future lifetimes as well.

I think this way of identifying one another can prove fairly useful.

#2 2018-03-07 20:18:47

dongriffen

Re: Naming your children and self-naming.

As far as what Jason could maybe to implement this...here's another idea.

When you tell another user what your name is, then your name hovers above your head, but only for that user. This means you still have to introduce yourself to people. And then maybe an icon could appear next to the name if it's someone you've already met previously. You could also implement that after ten years of not seeing this person, you forget them. That way there is a real-life aspect to it as well.

#3 2018-03-07 21:04:55

Zodzby

dongriffen wrote:

As far as what Jason could maybe to implement this...here's another idea.

When you tell another user what your name is, then your name hovers above your head, but only for that user. This means you still have to introduce yourself to people. And then maybe an icon could appear next to the name if it's someone you've already met previously. You could also implement that after ten years of not seeing this person, you forget them. That way there is a real-life aspect to it as well.

Neat idea. Say your name ( /name Bob), and anyone on screen at the time can now see your name. Neat. Still, I think the anonymous way is much more interesting. If you truly  want a name, ask yo momma, or get one for yourself.

I say wait till books are made. Then everyone can write their names down in a village register.

#4 2022-04-27 03:48:28

Quoteifugly

u just say there name and it names them rofl

Jesus called me and asked me about my car's extended warranty

Board footer