One Hour One Life Forums

a multiplayer game of parenting and civilization building

You are not logged in.

#1 2018-07-17 02:34:37

Tane

50 natural berry bushes nearby and they still starve

I had  two decent kids of the lot.
Just got the farm up and running and the last two grandkids run off because there's "no food".
Lol, with another 45 berry bushes ten seconds walk south, so they take off east into the wilderness with all the tools.

http://lineage.onehouronelife.com/serve … &id=587583

Gotta say, it was a good grief for the grandson to convince the last girl to run off away from the food

#2 2018-07-17 02:56:58

Neo

Re: 50 natural berry bushes nearby and they still starve

Noobs man, Most of my kids usually die no matter where I am. Lately I've been letting most of my kids die but in the past I've been in cities where I've kept all and only 2 survived.

All you can really do is show them where food is when they are babies and hope they remember.  But stupid kids will be stupid and die at 5.

Last edited by Neo (2018-07-17 03:02:38)

#3 2018-07-17 11:29:48

JonySky
Website

If you had 2 decent children ... it's a success !!
my last 2 lives yesterday, I ended up with only 60 years
http://lineage.onehouronelife.com/serve … &id=567535
http://lineage.onehouronelife.com/serve … &id=584398
My only remarkable daughter yesterday was Firdaws Laughter and she died young

Children who run away, die of hunger with food everywhere, children who go away from the camp without food in a basket, noobs ...

Many of these players make you waste your time alone, you try to explain where the food is, when the farms are not yet established, I try to collect wild food (I make many trips so that no one dies of hunger) I give them basic instructions so they do not move away from the food and be productive but ... nothing works.

Now I only try to have a boy and a girl ... the others discard them ... I let them die of hunger (all this in newly started camps)
When one of the 2 dies, I replace it with my next boy / girl

#4 2018-07-17 18:34:43

sc0rp

JonySky wrote:

I try to collect wild food (I make many trips so that no one dies of hunger) I give them basic instructions so they do not move away from the food and be productive but ... nothing works.

Swap it.  Work only at camp and ask every kid to go forage and bring back some food if he can.  Tell them direction where reed for basket is and where plenty of food is.  Works pretty well usually.  Bonus points for natural selection.  Dumb kids die off.  Smart ones bring back food and can help later with camp.

Last edited by sc0rp (2018-07-17 18:34:57)

#5 2018-07-18 02:33:59

Tane

sc0rp wrote:

Swap it.  Work only at camp and ask every kid to go forage and bring back some food if he can.  Tell them direction where reed for basket is and where plenty of food is.  Works pretty well usually.  Bonus points for natural selection.  Dumb kids die off.  Smart ones bring back food and can help later with camp.

That's what I do most of the time.
There's something to be said for natural selection. Plus, if you get a couple good kids they can get you the range of foods you need to build camp quickly. It was the first strategy that let me make tools as an eve for the first time.
I just wish the new players asked more questions. Especially as kids when you can still hold them.
The amount that don't take advantage of the food bonuses is nuts.

#6 2018-07-18 02:44:26

sc0rp

Tane wrote:

I just wish the new players asked more questions. Especially as kids when you can still hold them.

Asking meaningful questions letter at a time is quite a challenge wink

#7 2018-07-18 07:40:49

JonySky
Website

sc0rp wrote:
JonySky wrote:

I try to collect wild food (I make many trips so that no one dies of hunger) I give them basic instructions so they do not move away from the food and be productive but ... nothing works.

My experience in the game makes you distrust the other players, if you want it to be done well, do it yourself ... the problem of course is that the camp does not advance

the next game will try again as you say

I hope I do not end up alone in the camp without food ... XD

#8 2018-07-18 12:38:05

sc0rp

JonySky wrote:

My experience in the game makes you distrust the other players, if you want it to be done well, do it yourself ... the problem of course is that the camp does not advance

I focus on most difficult task at hand and try to delegate all simpler stuff.

JonySky wrote:

the next game will try again as you say
I hope I do not end up alone in the camp without food ... XD

Sometimes you do.  But if none of your kids could stay alive foraging, then chances are pretty high they wouldn't build the camp either.  They would sponge all the food you brought and then promptly die.

Board footer