One Hour One Life Forums

a multiplayer game of parenting and civilization building

You are not logged in.

#1 2018-03-06 21:36:42

Spootyman

V-Sync Issues

I went to settings and clicked re-detect and it turned off v-sync and now I have tearing.  I cant figure out how to turn it back on.  I went to the settings folder where the game is installed and changed the setting in the CountingonVsync.ini folder from 0 to 1 but that resulted in my character traveling across the map in hyper speed and unable to interact with anything.  I mean I was running like the flash through the game.  Though I did check in settings and it said vsync was enabled.  But still the whole moving through the map at warp speed and not being able to do anything was troubling.  Does anyone know how to get the v-sync back on without running around like a crazy person?

#2 2018-03-06 21:49:13

xoomorg

Re: V-Sync Issues

In the "settings" folder there are a bunch of .ini files -- you can edit these with a regular text editor.  They have intuitive names.  I had to do this when I tried setting Fullscreen on, which broke my game.

#3 2018-03-06 22:02:24

Spootyman

Yes I said in the original post that i edited the COUNTINGONVSYNC.INI from 0 to 1 and it made the game speed cracked out I was traveling across the map at warp speed and I couldnt interact with anything.  As a baby with 4 bubbles of hp I probably went farther into the map that anyone could travel in a single lifetime.  So changing this ini file seemed to break the game!

#4 2018-03-06 22:24:09

xoomorg

Oh sorry I apparently am not reading sufficiently well today smile

I would still just check the other settings.  If you can list them by modification time, that may help narrow down which one changed.  So far as I know, EVERYTHING is controlled by those .ini files, so one of them should fix it.

#5 2018-04-30 02:59:17

Galen108

Hey I heard that the games code wants the frame rate to be 144 when vsync in turned off. In the settings folder the text files are alphabetical so go to "targetframrate" and change it to 144 then save and close the window. this should work for you. It worked for me except that the game slows down when a lot is on screen. but I think thats just because i'm on a laptop and its got more frames.

Board footer