One Hour One Life Forums

a multiplayer game of parenting and civilization building

You are not logged in.

#1 2018-07-09 01:33:17

DJDisorder

The Hart family famine

http://lineage.onehouronelife.com/serve … _id=496258

I was born into a growing settlement, the furnaces were firing their first iron readying the new tools. Talk of a shovel being needed for a pen was going on, my mother diligently worked whilst while nursing me. I grew and scouted the village, to the north a few berry bushes were already settled but I could see food was looking scarce. Eggs were abound so I quickly got as many as I could and fried up the lot.
I went to start expanding the farm but found we were a hoe down, but smith was already making one as I had my first child. Some time around this my mother came rushing back into town with a snake bite, she had been out hunting a goose so we could start on a bow saw, there was an iron vein close to us but we hadn't got the file ready yet. She told me the bow was north but I didn't have time to go look for it, the bushes were already running dry and as we hadn't had a hoe, I hadn't got the carrots going.

I was trying to keep on top of the berries, we just had a well built and I watered a bunch but could already see it wasn't going to be in time.
I was already gathering up one child to go forage in the wilds as I had a second. The three of us roamed and found a small edge of a desert with a bush. I juggled them long enough for the second to grow and we made our way back. As predicted a lot of bones scattered the camp, only the smith, now old and grey, was in sight. The farm however was beginning to regrow.

I had a further 7 kids, we rebuilt the village, then as I was old and grey I saw a young lad carrying a knife...
Hey old lady!
Oh crap here we go...  Nah not today lad, I keep moving as he follows me around with the knife, shouting after me. I think I'm the only one with a back pack so I've done this dance before. I ran past the arrow my mother had dropped after the snake bite, grab it. North, I think, the bow!

I couldn't find it but I quickly made another, I ran back to the village to not find the kid, but now there's a bear running loose...
Someone else has secured the knife, one problem down. A daughter took the bow, but we only had one arrow, it wasn't going to be enough. She successfully lured it far away enough to not be an immediate threat. (The local wildlife were savage here btw, the family tree is littered with animal murder and another bear killed the last girl)

All in all it was a good life, made me want to share its tale.

Last edited by DJDisorder (2018-07-09 01:33:50)

Board footer