One Hour One Life Forums

a multiplayer game of parenting and civilization building

You are not logged in.

#1 2018-06-27 11:21:07

Morti

Eve Destro and the Flint Chip Death Throw

Hey Destro, Thor here.
Thanks for moving to that nicer spot along the edge of the desert.

I had to go afk to make my guinea pig some food, or I would have had enough time to make smith hammer, shovel, chisel, adze and mallet, but as it stands I only managed to make the hammer, shovel and an ax. The latter I never even used.

I did go out and grab three saplings which I turned into the letter stock for M (V+V=W, W+flint=N, N+I=N) and placed it on your gravestone along with a flint chip. Buried you just east of the forge where you died after you pulled the bones from the rabbit skeleton, looked around and died. I was using the flint chip north at the farm to turn the berries into seeds.

I wish you'd lived longer. Wish your daughter Roya would have made it... it was kinda lonely after you were gone. I tried Print Screen to get a picture of your grave, but an older picture was in the clipboard from a previous life.

When you died there were 3 omelettes, two cactus fruit and a cooked rabbit right there, I just wish you'd eaten them.

It was sad to see you go.

#2 2019-08-07 07:17:06

Morti

Re: Eve Destro and the Flint Chip Death Throw

Morti wrote:

It was sad to see

yA1abk8.gif

PS The "Flint Chip Death Throw" in the title was the moment she was starving, trying to grab a berry from a bush, but realized too late, that she had a flint chip in her hand, and, as she threw the chip, she died.

It's a very common occurrence for new players, usually a result of picking up a needle or a piece of thread, and then forgetting they have it in their hand as they go to pick a berry. Sometimes they already have a berry in their hand and forget, but then when they go to pick a new one, they don't get that notification sound or see the berry disappear from the bush, and try to pick again and again, before they die, never even knowing that what they wanted most, was already in their hand.

yA1abk8.gif

Board footer