One Hour One Life Forums

a multiplayer game of parenting and civilization building

You are not logged in.

#1 2018-06-24 11:28:37

JonySky
Website

Give birth to the killer of your people

I was born in a small village with about 10 people with food for all but not too advanced
In this town I was Olivia,
There was a boy who was dedicated to "raping kids" he said rude and was despicable, as he selected the girls he was going to rape ... and of course he touched me.
Of course this guy was the only one with a backpack and full clothing
Insulting and verbally assaulting other players with obscene comments

While the townspeople made tools and helped to grow the village, the opposite
He stole the equipment of the others and continued with his attitude of "rapist kids"
in a moment he managed to make a knife and logically started to kill all the people

No one is alive, of course he focused on fertile women (it is the best way to end a civilization and do the maximum damage possible)
I luckily escaped from that place

I kept a few years away from the village in the vicinity, I thought it would be a good idea until the killer finishes his killing
After a few years I became an adult and had several children
Among them a girl: Cypress

To each and every one of my children I explained the history of my people
My daughter took care of it with illusion and dedication since she was the only one that repopulated that extinct civilization
Finally when she was an adult take the trip back home

When I got there, no one was alive, as I imagined, the murderer did his job well ...

My daughter, quickly appeared with the equipment of the murderer
I thought I had found the murderer's corpse by chance and I thought the murderer was already dead
But suddenly my daughter took the knife out of her backpack and killed me ... I was shocked, absolute silence on the part of the two ...

I asked him, are you the murderer? He answered yes ...
He was the murderer of my village, of my people, of my people, he was "the rapist of girls", the unpleasant player! ...
He told me that he had helped him find the city
He had been reborn with me, he had taken care of her, I had returned him to his team and to his city ...
That's why he knew exactly where his backpack, his equipment and his precious knife were

This is the game that left me in shock

Jason, I do not know if you're going to read this post ...
Maybe you do not read it or it's important to you, but I think this has to be solved.

I'm not talking about the murders, I'm talking about these types of players
I speak of the players that in any internet forum would be banned permanently
This type of "people" must be eliminated from the game (and removed from society)

I have children Jason, it's not nice to see this kind of attitude
I know that these types of people are everywhere, but I do not want to find them, it's my playing time
Sometimes I play with my daughters, I like to share the game with them, I do not want them to see this ... these attitudes of "rapists of kids"

I am not a person who looks at every word,  I am human, but this is different
This should NOT be allowed, it has to be denounced Jason

I would not be here complaining if this person had been a normal killer of the game, I would have even laughed at the curious situation.
But it is different, its behavior was not ethical.

Olivia: http://lineage.onehouronelife.com/serve … _id=389761
"Killer1": http://lineage.onehouronelife.com/serve … _id=389761
"Killer2": http://lineage.onehouronelife.com/serve … _id=389761

Do something about it please Jason, this breaks the experience of his game

Last edited by JonySky (2018-06-24 11:31:27)

#2 2018-06-24 11:53:37

sc0rp

Re: Give birth to the killer of your people

I've seen something like that in the past.  Griefers often have 2-3 different accounts, so they are not affected by lineage ban.

#3 2018-06-24 12:38:46

JonySky
Website

If I also imagine that I was a Griefer with differents accounts, but I'm not annoyed because I was a Griefer , I play several games and in all I find Griefers every week ... what bothered me was the attitude of "child rapist" this is typical of a sick person, and in my country (as in many other countries) this attitude is pursued by law.

Last edited by JonySky (2018-06-24 12:57:01)

#4 2018-06-24 14:30:12

YAHG

Where are your weapons?
You had a guy in your town talking about raping and killing you all and you just feed them and wait for them to kill you all?
You failed at defending your town.
If you want to shut someone up in game do it yourself.
It isn't a farming game it is about human civilization, if you are too weak to keep your own towns clean perhaps you shouldn't play with your kids.

"be prepared and one person cant kill all city, if he can, then you deserve it"  -pein
https://kazetsukai.github.io/onetech/#
https://onehouronelife.com/forums/viewtopic.php?id=1438

#5 2018-06-24 14:52:50

forestglade

I agree with the OP. There is in game murderer and then there is just player harassment.

#6 2018-06-24 15:01:00

forestglade

I just looked up your lineage. Eve Ding. And it was the village that I went to bed happy that I started with my sisters Sky and Liz (Lum). I was Adam: http://lineage.onehouronelife.com/serve … _id=389316

I was excited about playing the game again today after I woke up but that just doused my enthusiasm.

Fuck the Griefer for being reborn to someone so close. Good job Jason for dousing player enthusiasm. I guess long term continuation is not your goal for this game.

#7 2018-06-24 15:02:57

AmyJ

Same thing happened to me about an hour ago, one of my sons set about killing the whole family. Must be the same guy, as he had similar last words.

http://lineage.onehouronelife.com/serve … &id=390367

#8 2018-06-24 15:12:52

JonySky
Website

YAHG I understand what you want to tell me, try to do just what you say in your message, create a bow or knife and kill that guy ... but there was no time ... I had just become an adult when the killer already had the knife .. But far from this, I'm not complaining about the murderer ... I know it's part of the game and I consider it a challenge ... I complain about his attitude as a pedophile, the attitude of a sick person ... that attitude is not defensible my friend ... this is a game, neither I, nor my children, nor anyone has to endure comments from people who are funny to rape children.

According to your comment I must close the game, or stop playing so as not to see the pedophile comments of another player ... interesting your vision of this society.

Last edited by JonySky (2018-06-24 15:21:10)

#9 2018-06-24 15:19:57

YAHG

You are gen 10 hard to excuse lack of time for weapons. If a forge exists you should have knives. Period.

Consider,
Why should the world be sanitized for your sensitivity?

No one has to endure anything in any game, ever. I assume your computer has a power button.

"be prepared and one person cant kill all city, if he can, then you deserve it"  -pein
https://kazetsukai.github.io/onetech/#
https://onehouronelife.com/forums/viewtopic.php?id=1438

#10 2018-06-24 15:36:09

forestglade

The lineage ban shouldn't have allowed murderers to be reborn to the same lineage. There's something broken with the lineage ban code. After living a whole 60 mins, after I was reborn in the same village even just after I suicided as a bb.

I had the whole day off today and was going to game a whole bunch. The griefing of an entire civ I was invested in, is a good disincentive, I need to get some work day anyways.

#11 2018-06-24 15:44:38

Alleria

Let's be honest, the lineage ban has barely any impact on effectual griefers, and really only hurts the griefers that don't really know enough about the game to do anything serious to hurt our civs.

"Words build bridges into unexplored regions"

#12 2018-06-24 15:54:50

forestglade

Yeah the concept sucks. But at least it stops people from being reborn in their own lineage and finishing it off completely. Which happened twice in this thread.

#13 2018-06-24 16:08:41

JonySky
Website

I understand that there are not many players currently in the game and for this reason there are many possibilities to return to the same civilization, (even with the lineage ban) this is also a current problem, although as the game has more content, we will have more players.

But I repeat that this is not the biggest problem, you have to prohibit toxic players.

I think the reason for prohibition of this player in particular is more than justified

other games have ban systems to avoid these problems, and although they do not solve 100% of the problem, they largely avoid the impact on other players

I repeat that I do not complain about the murderers ... I complain about the toxic and the degenerate who want to break the experience to the other players

In many countries these pedophile attitudes are prosecuted by law

#14 2018-06-24 16:55:24

sc0rp

I kinda agree with JonySky. Spam and offensive messages on the forum gets deleted. Similarly throwing slurs in game at other players should get the account suspended.

#15 2018-06-24 17:04:09

sc0rp

YAHG wrote:

Why should the world be sanitized for your sensitivity?

If somebody is throwing slurs at you IRL it's misdemeanor / disorderly conduct and he can be prosecuted.  Majority of people didn't like this kind behaviour and made a law to stop it. That's why.

YAHG wrote:

No one has to endure anything in any game, ever. I assume your computer has a power button.

That's very good idea.  Only the power button should be pressed on computer of the person breaking the law, not his victim.

#16 2018-06-24 17:31:21

annjust

forestglade wrote:

I just looked up your lineage. Eve Ding. And it was the village that I went to bed happy that I started with my sisters Sky and Liz (Lum). I was Adam: http://lineage.onehouronelife.com/serve … _id=389316

I was excited about playing the game again today after I woke up but that just doused my enthusiasm.

Fuck the Griefer for being reborn to someone so close. Good job Jason for dousing player enthusiasm. I guess long term continuation is not your goal for this game.

Same as you, I feel bad today, fading enthusiasm. My big sister Jenny abadomed me before I grown hair for the sake of less food...that's a shame and it's her worst decision I think. Saw a woman kill more than five people, and in another town a killer-lady make a stone house with bunch of pies protect herself from angry mob...Nightmare yesterday night, I dreamed I was chased and killed, peoples cut and cooked my dead body into mutton pie, just because I can't agree their style.

#17 2018-06-24 17:39:55

Trick

The abusive players in this game can make the game really off-putting.

I think there should be a way to report other players.  If someone consistently comes up with reports, then they get an IP and account suspension or something.

#18 2018-06-24 19:07:06

TAIOAN

I shock.

I always give my children a lovely Tâigí(Taiwanese) name, súi(beautiful)!

#19 2018-06-24 19:17:14

forestglade

I proposed this suggestions on reddit:

6 hr lineage ban if you murder someone:
https://www.reddit.com/r/OneLifeSuggest … _somebody/

#20 2018-06-24 19:24:33

JonySky
Website

Thank you Forestglade,

this is a solution for the "murderers of lineages" but unfortunately it is not the solution for those who insult, toxic or as in this case I comment, the pedophiles ...

I'm sure Jason will think of a solution ... I trust him and his great work

Last edited by JonySky (2018-06-24 19:40:24)

#21 2018-06-24 19:34:27

sc0rp

Trick wrote:

The abusive players in this game can make the game really off-putting.

I think there should be a way to report other players.  If someone consistently comes up with reports, then they get an IP and account suspension or something.

+1
That's kind of standard for games that have chat between players.  There is report link beneath each post on this forum, that can get accounts banned.  Something similar should be also in game.

Last edited by sc0rp (2018-06-24 19:48:26)

#22 2018-06-24 19:45:48

Sin

annjust wrote:

Same as you, I feel bad today, fading enthusiasm.

This is exactly how I'm feeling lately. Fading enthusiasm.

Confession time, I don't really enjoy playing in big towns. All of the jobs are taken and if I do find a job that isn't taken, some kid will inevitably come by and start taking over my job. I will usually kill myself (unless I'm a girl and they're low on females) since I prefer to play in eve camps or younger villages where I can actually make a meaningful contribution. I think this is why I didn't see the murder problem for a very very long time because people weren't griefing eve camps when I started. I heard the complaints on the forums but I had only been murdered myself maybe three times in the first two months or so that I played the game.

After the lineage ban though (don't get me wrong I love the lineage ban, it's not the real problem!) I find that maybe 1/3 of the small camps I play in has a griefer. I'm not talking about the obvious newbies who don't really know how to help yet, I'm talking about the kid who sprints off to make a bow as soon as they're born, the one who purposefully runs on top of the iron that I'm trying to forge and laughs at me while I ask him to move, the one who takes the critical supplies and hides them then comes back and eats all of our food, the one who murders my entire family then brags about it and includes his forum name in his last words http://lineage.onehouronelife.com/serve … _id=165354 .

I'm really tired of hearing the 'lol make a weapon u scrub' argument because it's not that simple. The professional griefers run around like crazy, I even encountered one once who was lagging all over the place and impossible to hit though he seemed to have no problem killing other people. They pick up babies and use them as shields so if you try to kill them you hurt the innocent baby. It's very easy to kill an innocent player who doesn't see it coming. It's a lot harder to kill a griefer who knows everyone wants them dead and is going to do anything and everything to avoid death so he can keep griefing.

These people aren't interested in playing this game, not really. And because of that there is never going to be an in game solution that will solve the problem. You can heal their victims, you can find your stuff, you might even manage to kill the griefer but they will just go pick on some other town or, more likely because of the lineage ban, they'll go grief some eve camp. It's never going to stop happening until these players are either outright banned from the game or banished to a griefers only server where they can kill each other all day.

#23 2018-06-24 20:09:42

JonySky
Website

Sin, very well explained, I totally agree, these people are not interested in the game ... although I would have been able to forge a knife and kill this guy, he would have done the same in another civilization ... what we get killing these griefers is to throw the toxic player to another place, nothing more. I do not want to see this game with toxic people, griefers that offend others ...

Last edited by JonySky (2018-06-24 20:11:09)

#24 2018-06-24 21:06:07

lostlandofcarrots

For the people wondering about the lineage ban, it's been reworked so that it kicks in when you've lived for a total of 30 mins on a certain lineage, and fades when you've lived a total of 60 mins on other lineages. It also kicks in instantly if you're murdered. Check out this commit by Jason:

https://github.com/jasonrohrer/OneLife/ … a25468a684

From what I've seen, the dedicated griefers have used this to their advantage, purposefully dying of starvation right before they hit thirty, so they can come back once more to get any people they might have missed the first time.

Oh, and +1 to Sin's post.

Last edited by lostlandofcarrots (2018-06-24 21:06:45)

#25 2018-06-24 23:49:15

TrustyWay

Boys, this game is the only place where you can be abusive. At least, at the time when I played. I have been bad or good, even very mean and sometimes very kind.

If you don't like someone, stab him, there is no need for  ''reports''. You wont have fun if you except people to act like you think. It is a new world, you are free to act like you want. Killing babies, or males, or not hardworking people, or people not having the same religion as yours.

Once I killed all males and old women for my harem, it was very fun. I would hate people that report me for having my own wierd life. Just stab me instead of writing why you didn't like my way of living.

Board footer